1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #145 – The Ultimate Driving Machine

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2:12.614
    PC
    IMG_0609.JPG
    I channeled my inner Alex "use all of the track" LeiF plus one step up on the front springs + zero wing.

2. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Oh No. I did a WHC bad. I was in Practice mode for my hotlaps instead of Hotlap mode. And I hereby dq myself for those times posted previously. As taught in the military, my response to this transgression is....No Excuse, Sirs! Ok...dang. After my successful Practice session,....I made a lovely dinner for me and the wife and had a beer and a glass of wine with a top up and then decided to work on my next car track combo for race on Thurs. I opened up AC and saw I was on Practice mode...I knew then that I had made a mistake and must redeem myself. Even though, gents, I have enough fine alcohol in my system that I would not drive a car on the streets tonite! It took 2x 4 lap go's to get back to the earlier 2:12's. So now, I humbly post my official WHC #145 laptime as follows:

Improvement
    Biner
    2:12.760
    PC
    IMG_0610.JPG

3. hondo

hondo Gamer

Hondo
    PC
    upload_2019-9-9_22-3-32.png
    ran a few laps to get a time in. keep locking up under braking gotta work on that.

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Can’t sleep... wheels out!!!

How are you guys setting the gears on this car???

Every time I brake and gear down for a corner
    The cars shoots of in any direction and it feels so sluggish.

Even waiting until I’ve slowed right down before changing gears but it still does it.

I know I’m terrible with these types of cars but God Daam!! I’m struggling

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

If you are using h shifter and clutch then sounds like you could be failing to rev match correctly and bringing up the clutch without correct revs will unbalance the car too much. If using auto clutch then no idea, I have never driven a proper gearbox car without using correct shifter and clutch but maybe some blipping on downshifts will help.

More generally this is a car where weight transfer is really important, definitely takes a different style than modern aero laden flappy paddle grippy tyre poser nonsense cars. Exactly why I love it :)

I saved my best lap replay so will make a quick video of it this evening if I have time before my league race.

6. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Lewisxbone
    2.13.378 XB1

[​IMG]

You lot in the 2.12’s WOW!!! Hats off to you all.

7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current standings:

1. Leif - 2.12.101 PC
    2. Neilski - 2.12.731 PC
    3. Biner - 2.12.760 PC
    4. Lewisxbone - 2.13.378 XB1
    5. Totall Wrytoff - 2.14.525 PS4
    6. Mike Reynolds - 2.14.920 PC
    7. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.15.968 XB1
    8. Hondo - 2.15.978 PC
    9. Sissydriver - 2.16.439 PC
    10. Laughing Gravy - 2.16.981 PS4

8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Lol don’t worry about a mere second mate, I am currently staring down the barrel of being 3 seconds off the pace for my league race which starts in under 2 hours :D and that is round a ~90 second lap!
    Ofc it is in a flappy paddle aero nonsense car :p

9. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Video is still cooking, should be up to 1080 resolution soon.

10. Lovely helmsmanship displayed there @LeiF.
    Most inspiring, looks quite easy....
    Your gear ratios seem quite long but very well suited, I think your final drive is one or two clicks longer than mine below, is that right?
    upload_2019-9-10_19-33-5.png

All the best for the race, big lunge into the first corner should do it:), we're all rooting for you.
    Can we watch it?:D

11. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Whoh ! After doing a 1.34 and wondering how I could be so far off realised I was in standard m3 not the group a! Let’s try again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-9-10_21-39-18.png
    That nice feeling of stringing it together and 7/10ths up Dunlop.
    That agonising feeling as the time ebbs away from Schumi's esses, all the way to the end of the lap.
    Have been repeating that process for the last couple of hours, I'm a bi-polar schizophrenic.
    I've been trying @LeiF 's transmission, which I think is 4.3600 final drive (145mph top) and the second set of ratios;) I think it will be faster.

13. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

moodyryder
    Ps4

20190910_222141.jpg

I was quick enough to moan about last week.

This time, the sign says it all. 20190910_222210.jpg

14. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Really enjoying this car and a lot quicker than the standard! Real ChaosChris xb1 posting 2.17.633

Managed loads at 1.18 and gained at least .4 at the long hairpin at the bottom but kept messing up the start hairpin and following section.
    Anyway it was a fun hour..
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. @Chaos_Chris
    Thanks for your post, good to hear. Please could you use the format that makes life easy for us - as the guide is below.

Real ChaosChris (or Chaos_Chris?)
    Xb1
    Pic
    comment

Many thanks indeed:)

16. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Very very nice. Thanks

17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I will have to let you know the ratios tomorrow!

Didn’t see the post until after but both races were streamed

https://m.facebook.com/legacorsa/#!/legacorsa/posts/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=0

Got a good 2nd place in first race!
    But then taken out and later spun second race so nearly dead last but made back 9th by the end :)

18. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    2.10.977 pc

[​IMG]

Fun combo, I like this track and for a race car this is one of the more fun ones to drive because it doesn't really have any downforce. I used steve smiths tune for mugello downloaded from the setup market. I had to change the tires to softs and adjust the psi to suit. I played with the gearing a bit too. Then I adjusted the brake bias back one or two clicks. After another few laps, I adusted the diff coast from 35 to 45. And finally, I moved the brake bias back again. By this time I was able to set the wr, but I knew I could go a tenth or two quicker. I tried taking off all the aero but I ended up setting the same times. I was quicker in some sections and slower in others. Then all of a sudden I ran out of time to practice hahah. Setup at the end of the video!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  19. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pr vs Leif! My version of some side by side "racing" action in the whc lol.

Looks like we are pretty close until you forget to downshift into 2nd on that right handed hairpin that goes to schumi esses. I was able to carry the speed all the way to the end of the track. Also, you could save time by being more aggressive in the final chicane.

Your gearing is really long compared to mine too. I set the gearing by maxing out the 5th gear on the fastest section of the track.
    I'm using the flappy paddle gearbox but I don't have any clutch assists or throttle assissts either. I left foot brake and try to modulate the gas myself while downshifting. If I was rowing the gears myself I might want more time between shifts so a longer gearbox might be better...

20. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current Standings:

1. Pretend Racer – 2.10.977 PC
    2. Leif - 2.12.101 PC
    3. Neilski - 2.12.731 PC
    4. Biner - 2.12.760 PC
    5. Lewisxbone - 2.13.378 XB1
    6. Moodyryder - 2.14.177 PS4
    7. Totall Wrytoff - 2.14.467 PS4
    8. Mike Reynolds - 2.14.920 PC
    9. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.15.968 XB1