1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #148 – Hugo’s hot wheels

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Sep 29, 2019.

1. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

F1415182235
    2:03.901 - X1
    [​IMG]
    Best I could do after about 10 laps. The car isn't as difficult to drive as I initially thought, and I can slam the throttle to the floor exiting most turns. Fun car.

2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current Standings:

1. Andy-R - 2.02.666 PC
    2. Pretend racer - 2.02.839 PC
    3. Lewisxbone - 2.03.242 XB1
    4. Leif - 2.03.803 PC
    5. F1415182235 - 2.03.901 XB1
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 2.05.067 PS4
    7. Moodyryder - 2.05.412 PS4
    8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.05.472 XB1
    9. Sissydriver - 2.06.534 PC
    10. DonZmeuheu - 2.06.750 PC
    11. DriverModFTW - 2.06.987 PC
    12. Laughing Gravy - 2.07.539 PS4
    13. ivann_11 - 2.07.613 PS4
    14. ChaosChris - 2.08.479 XB1
    15. Rod100 - 2.09.296 XB1
    16. Gamma500 - 2.09.730 XB1
    17. Hugo Catarino - 2.11.356 PS4

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

3. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Hugo Catarino
    2.09.242 PS4
    IMG_20191005_110515.jpg

4. ***STEWARDS' REVIEW - REVISION TO CHEQUERED FLAG TIMING*****
    OVERLAP THE CHALLENGES -
    The new weekly challenge will be posted just after 1800 BST/GMT on Saturday and close as usual at 1800 BST/GMT on Sunday.

THIS IS AGREED.
    ("The Lewis/Gamma Amendment":))

From WHC#151 onwards - The new weekly challenge will be posted just after 1800BST / GMT and close as usual at 1800BST / GMT the following Sunday.

@Lewisxbone's proposed solution seems to be welcomed all round, which is great and thanks very much to him.

We will go with the earlier posting time for WHC151. (1800BST Sat 26th Oct*)
    (NB: Clocks go back, BST to GMT, at 0100 27th Oct)

WHCs 149 and 150 are anniversary dates and will be "celebrated" at the usual times.

*WHC150 will be a multiple, mega event over two weeks.

Thanks to everyone for your input and consensus.

(Apologies for my absence, have been in hiding due to man flu for the last 2 days.)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  5. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

I'm "chuffed"!

Thanks guys.

6. A devilishly good lap @Andy-R :), congrats!

Neilski, gamma500, Andy-R and 5 others like this.
  7. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Mustang 500
    2.04.079-XB1

Attached Files:

8. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Gamma500
    2:09.219
    XB1

My first 'Improvement' post on this thread!
    Not much of one but what the hell.
    I took Sissy Driver's advice and tried to RELAX. Better throttle control = less braking = improvement. Thank you Sissy, you made this beast of a car almost enjoyable.:)

As soon as I was able to stop myself from trying to dominate her, the gains started to happen, (sounds like my marriage).:p

May be more gains to come but just wanted to take a time out and enjoy the small things, (now I sound like my wife).:(

Attached Files:

9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski
    PC
    OMG, this car is a snakey bugger. Nearly gave up a few times. As ever, no clue about setup. I seemed to find it easier (more controllable?) with the rear ARB at 5 instead of default 4, but not really very sure about it. I was trying to squeak ahead of TW and I was up about 5 tenths in the final sector and then threw nearly all of it away... LOL :D:eek::rolleyes:
    upload_2019-10-6_17-20-39.png

10. Well done @gamma500 and quite a spicy post if I might say:cool:
    Erm, well done on the self control and good to see you got there happily in the end.

I'm going to ask you for a paragraph or two in future.:)

11. You attack a man when he is feeling mouldy and leave him only 30 mins to respond?:eek:
    Oh my @Neilski...:D

The console, off for two days, is now on. 29mins, plus Steward's allowance.... I've got at least 3/10ths and only a slight headache:cool:

12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Oooo, it's on!
    I have just officially given up - tried to capture those lost tenths but I'm getting worse rather than better :D

13. And I've just been up 5/10ths but went just slightly wide after Scarperia, engine bogged, then flared and that's it.
    Frustrating car, it demands you pander to it. I'll revert to @gamma500 for an analogy!
    Bit more time and....:)
    Good one @Hugo Catarino!

14. upload_2019-10-6_17-57-20.png
    That’s it for WHC#148, Hugo’s Hot Wheels!

Final standings to be confirmed below, but…

@Andy-R is the winner!! His lap of 2.02.666 is hotter than hell! Welcome back Andy-R, great time and spearheading the WHC charge through the RSR rankings. Wow. As I said in the intro, the GT40 needs coaxing rather than bullying, but a 2.02.666 is some coaxing! Many congrats and very well done!

2nd place this week is @Pretend racer, dropping in on Tuesday with a seemingly unbeatable 2.02.839. Second place once again, but top of the RSR sheet this time. Once again thanks for posting set-up and inspiring vid. Once again, really great lap! Surely that top spot will be next week, my suspicion is you’re going gently on us…. My personal thanks for your superb consistency - as you may have noticed, it allows a simple cut and paste at the end of each week.:)

@Lewisxbone takes 3rd place this week, with a very well worked 2.03.242. He is starting to make his claim as the fastest man in the world on console. This week, he not only made his name on track, he made his name as a man that could probably crack Brexit in 10mins too. As I’ve said to him he is the thinking man’s driver! Or the driving man’s thinker. In fact, a driving man thinking. No, a thinking man driving. Many congrats this week Lewis, masterful performance all round!!

It’s been a long and painful week, but that’s enough about me….
    @moodyryder kicked of the week like Flynn, seemingly effortlessly dropping in a very quick time and knowing him, done on stock settings. He’ll be sunburnt and frozen after Donnington today though!
    Also on Monday @F1415182235, usually a man that lets his laps do the talking, was enthused enough to burst into conversation, but it took him the whole week to only just pip my time. Although, for me like finding a priceless gem on the street, he has thrown in a combi suggestion, it’s coming soon!
    @LeiF is quickly establishing Monday evening as his dominant role play time, dropping in an excellent 2.03.803 and forcing Lewis, with an excellent first time of 2.03.9, into an early submission. But we all know about @Lewisxbone’s first time posted…. It’s about 1-2 secs slower than his final time!
    @Biner has excused himself for the month of October, disappointed he will miss 150 and I think the forum’s collective advice would be that Feb is a better month for rehab, it’s shorter…. We’ll look forward to his return!
    @Emmanuel Tubbiolo posted a very good time for him on Tuesday, so good to see is arm is better, gardening is a dangerous business!
    @sissydriver arrived on Tuesday in a real flap. I have to say, I was completely bewildered. Is AC launcher a launch control setting? I’m not good with computers and often told my IT issues are due to a problem between the keyboard and the back of the chair.
    Tuesday evening was great! @Rod100 issued a generous invitation for us to come and visit him in Brazil. I know this was intended for Pretend racer, but I’m sure he meant all of us. I’m looking at flights now, 3rd weekend in Nov…
    Much to my relief, @Hugo Catarino, the hero of the week, “effected his entrance” on Wednesday. Luckily for him, he made up for the time he submitted with a wonderful story.:);)I do think “famous in Angolan racing” must be a niche sort of famous though. I also liked the fact that the instructor crashed the car! An amazing and lovely story Hugo, please add one second to your time! And, you’ve clawed one back this week… BobbyS 2 – Hugo 1!
    @Laughing Gravy cruised in on Wednesday evening and must have been alarmed to find @Chaos_Chris right on his tail, like a scene from The Hitcher. As any normal person would, he put his foot to floor in fear and found another 6/10ths. Chaos_Chris gallantly conceded.
    Late this week, and also completely out of format, it was great to see @DriverModFTW return. He is excused because I have watched his YouTube films. I urge everyone to have a look, this brilliant, or a horror film like nothing you’ve seen, if you are like me with a motorcycle on a race track. Huge straights, massive speed and indeterminate braking points! Cojones. I’m posting the link, hope you don’t mind! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaW0XCVYZhTvQ_THQovBHTA
    Finally, very good to see @ivan_11 returning this week too, not so sure about @Neilski!:D

****CHANGE TO WHC POSTING TIME FROM WHC#151****
    Just to confirm WHC 151 and future challenges will be posted shortly after 1800 (UK time) on SATURDAY.
    Thanks again to @gamma500 for raising the issue, thanks again to @Lewisxbone for providing the solution. This process has been a model of best practice in group engagement in the vison, open-door management and creative problem solving, leading to the rapid development and implementation of a fresh, effective global wide solution! Proud of you guys!!

WHC 149 coming up, I’m very “chuffed” about this one, three years age to the weekend everyone, it was WHC#001 and I’m very very delighted to welcome back a very, very special guest…!

15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Final standings:

1. Andy-R - 2.02.666 PC
    2. Pretend racer - 2.02.839 PC
    3. Lewisxbone - 2.03.242 XB1
    4. Leif - 2.03.803 PC
    5. F1415182235 - 2.03.901 XB1
    6. Mustang 500 - 2.04.079 XB1
    7. Neilski - 2.04.913 PC
    8. Totall Wrytoff - 2.05.067 PS4
    9. Moodyryder - 2.05.412 PS4
    10. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.05.472 XB1
    11. Sissydriver - 2.06.534 PC
    12. DonZmeuheu - 2.06.750 PC
    13. DriverModFTW - 2.06.987 PC
    14. Laughing Gravy - 2.07.539 PS4
    15. ivann_11 - 2.07.613 PS4
    16. ChaosChris - 2.08.479 XB1
    17. Gamma500 - 2.09.219 XB1
    18. Hugo Catarino - 2.09.242 PS4
    19. Rod100 - 2.09.296 XB1

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

16. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Great show everyone! TW, I get the 'chuffed' reference. Sorry for the spicy remarks. Must be the colonial in me. :)

17. Hugo Catarino

Great stuff guys!i think i reach my limit on this, maybe i could go a bit faster but that would be too hard.i would love to do a sub 2.09 lap but i would need another entire week for that :p

@Totall Wrytoff yes,"Angolan famous" is a (very) niche term,but considering that Angola is a big country this means we was recognized by a lot of people there, aswell in Portugal ;)

Very hyped for the next one,specially for that "special guest"...:rolleyes:

18. You completely misunderstand me @gamma500, I'm a vindaloo man. Everyone likes spicey, except my wife. ;)

Steady Hugo, just a bit of banter! :D:D Besides, I was thinking motorsport prominence rather than geographic size! :p Seriously, just teasing, it was a cheap gag for the summary, no disrespect intended, rather to highlight the excellent story.:) Wrong of me to seem perjorative, apologies, please keep the good stories coming.

19. Hugo Catarino

Not at all,i dont think any of that about your comment,i was trying to explain the importance Emílio Marta had back in day,the guy was kinda of a national hero in Angola.No apologies needed at all!! :)

One thing i forgot to mention, thanks to this challenge i "discovered" mugello.i never gave it much credit,but its a wonderfull track,i quite like it now!

I will post as many stories as i can,but the truth is that...i dont know much of them :p

20. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Brilliant again! That gave me a good few smiles. Thanks!