1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #149 – Little and Large

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Oct 6, 2019.

1. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

Improvement..I'm sorry for annoyingly updating again. I have to give credit where it is due and that is @Andy-R for sharing his setup pointers. I implemented his information for the toe adjustments and the vehicle spoke to me better when trying to hit the lines that I watched the fast guys use.

Drivermodftw
    PC
    20191013_110302.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

You're not annoying. Very impressing actually. Great lap. I'll be proud if I was you..

3. DriverModFTW

Thank you sir, I appreciate the kind words. Yes I do feel proud! Although now I am waiting for @Lewisxbone to claim his podium spot lol I have hunch since he hasn't posted any times since thursday!

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

It’s all yours mate.
    I’m getting withdraw symptoms coz it’s been 3 days now since i did any laps.
    I did intend to have another go at some point today before the challenge finished but just not had any time.
    Plus...... I’m not sure if I could of improved
    anyway mate so many congrats and a very well done

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

5. Yeah, come on @DriverModFTW, it's Lewis' Birthday week, shoddy beahviour to knock him off the podium!:D:D:D

You are most polite, courteous and very fast too, great to see!
    As @Emmanuel Tubbiolo says, never annoying, be proud to post improvements, be delighted to make up places, open champagne when on the podium!! It's drivers like you that make the WHC!:)

6. upload_2019-10-13_18-0-37.png
    That’s it for WHC#149, Graveltrap’s Little and Large!

Misson accomplished in full! We have shredded the RSR fastest times!

Final standings to be confirmed below, but @Andy-R has dropped in and completely cleaned up! He is the winner this week, with a stunning 58.132 and the clear-daylight-in-between gap of 4/10ths over the next best.
    When, metaphorically speaking, Andy-R drops in and cleans up, it is very, very tidy. You can eat your supper off the floor. Thanks very much for posting your inspiring lap video too, very well done indeed! Spray the champagne!

2nd place this week is @Pretend racer. The leading 57.5er! Once again!
    Is he happy with that though? I’m going to change his usual 2nd place para copy this week. I noticed, on Tuesday, he had posted a 58.7 on the RSR board. Nothing posted on the WHC. Not fast enough then! Unusual. Normally 750,000 laps should do it… But evidently it took another three days and 250,000 more laps to deliver his 58.523. He claimed RSR first place and much more importantly fastest man in WHC. But Andy-R was waiting and within a short space of time, some fictitious bad-game-named German bloke had also regained the RSR 1st place.
    I tell you what @Pretend racer, you are always at the top of our WHC charts and we all think you are the number one man, week in, week out! Your vids are an inspiration and while I’ve been running the WHC, I’ve seen the hugely positive effect you have and the respect you have across the forum. Good time to mention, I’m delighted to announce WHC152 is Pretend racer’s combi.:)

And third place is… hang on… is this the first podium for @DriverModFTW….???
    Third place is @DriverModFTW!!! With a stellar time of 58.574!:D
    Many congrats to DriverModFTW, the dark horse this week. He spotted the guard was down and executed a quality mugging. Third place, stolen from Lewis late on Sunday afternoon! That’s why we are keeping Sundays. DriverMod was in early on Monday this week, with the idea of taking the rest of the week off. That old chestnut. He posted a 59.2 and said "that was it" for this challenge. But he wasn’t telling the truth!! On Friday night, obviously having seen that I was ahead, he sneaked out again and posted a very commendable 58.828... and once again, told us that was it for the week.
    We believed him. He wasn’t telling the truth.
    He posted again, with just under two hours until the flag! He actually apologised for posting again! Gentlemen, we have some extremely decent people on this forum – economical with the truth but principled, sensitive to others, very, very quick around a race circuit… DriverModFTW has all of those qualities in spades! Please NEVER apologise for improving your time, EVER!! Well done and very well played @DriverModFTW! But we all know now…

It was more than really, really great to welcome @Graveltrap back to set the combi. It obviously sparked some enthusiasm! This week he was “in like Flynn” with and encouraging 59.513. That time was rapidly overhauled, but Graveltrap, after consuming a considerable amount of WD40, found he had another second in him to finish in 4th place with an excellent 58.605. All sorts of expressions are applicable and most appropriate… the words “we’re delighted” sum it up though. Many thanks for the excellent combi, from all of us! I more than hope you continue to pop laps in for the WHC, and we are all jolly grateful for you picking up the ball and running like Ashton against the Aussies in Nov 2011. (Check my UChube channel,;) plug, apologies for the voice over…)
    On Sunday @Hugo Catarino was as sprung as a greyhound in a starting box and seeing an empty forum posted his time as the fastest. But, he either posted at the same time as Graveltrap or, my trick, he hadn’t refreshed the screen and his post came in after Graveltrap and he wasn’t first at all. He will be relieved to hear that everyone roared with laughter behind the scenes and felt for him hugely! Hey Hugo, you’ve evened up the score in your personal battle – two all!
    @sissydriver, a not so secret Dead or Alive fan, also posted an excellent time on Sunday. Good to see he has got on top of his technical issues this week, he improved by a just under half a second.
    @moodyryder posted a nostalgic reminiscence on Sunday evening, but I have to take him up on “Thousands of hours of AC gameplay across the world…” Millions surely, I’ve done over a thousand just on my own!
    @Neilski went big this week, great to see after his flaky approach to WHC attendance recently. His first time posted was just 8 hundredths off the RSR world record. He promised us a mid 58, he delivered and by Monday evening he was leading the WHC with a 58.695 and room for even more. But his showboating performance had caught the eye of Graveltrap, who was already reaching for the aerosol.
    If I thought it was a cruel week, being denied the WHC top step again, think about birthday boy @Lewisxbone! His shakedown lap was faster than many of us have gone. He produced a brilliant 58.589, a birthday treat for us as he had become 45years old, to lead the pack on Thursday. But it was for less than a day, Pretend racer had beaten him by a fraction of a smidgen. To cap it all, by the flag on Sunday, he had been pushed from the podium. And it’s his Birthday week guys… come on!! From now on, please advise if it is your birthday week – a second will be deducted from you lap time!

It was a stunning week for WHC v RSR. The fastest time before this week was a 59.045.
    @ F1415182235 was the first man faster with a 58.818, and depending on where he is in the world, that was either by late Sunday night Sunday, or early Monday morning. Congrats. He was swiftly followed by Lewisxbone, @DonZmeuheu, great lap, good to see your attendance record improving and Neilski. In fact, by the end of the week, the top nine places in this week’s WHC have beaten the RSR fastest time.
    There were personal victories too: @LeiF made it round the lap sideways for a 59.4, sadly no points for style this week, @Laughing Gravy, possibly surprised to find himself dragged into war with @Chaos_Chris, prevailed. @ivan_11 overcame a flashing light on the dash, those of us familiar with Maserati electrics can tell him he was lucky to make it round the lap!
    Finally, @Emmanuel Tubbiolo discovered the perspective on life offered by a hang-over. As he has admitted, he has taken on far too much in his life, (IE things other than AC) and he is now turning to drink to help him through. And @Rod100, wanted to get under 1min but didn’t make and hopefully didn’t try. This is meant to be fun FFS!!!

Thanks for playing everyone, thanks again @Graveltrap.

We are now minutes away from WHC150, I’ve got the complete fear. I’ve just gone silly on it. Hope you all can make sense of it!! More than hope you all enjoy!

REMINDER
    WHC NEW POSTING TIME FROM WHC#151
    Just to confirm WHC 151 (and WHC challenges from now on) will be posted shortly after 1800 (UK time) two weeks on SATURDAY 27th OCT.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Final standings:

1. Andy-R - 58.132 PC
    2. Pretend racer - 58.523 PC
    3. DriverModFTW - 58.574 PC
    4. Lewisxbone - 58.589 XB1
    5. Graveltrap - 58.605 PS4
    6. Neilski - 58.695 PC
    7. F1415182235 - 58.818 PC
    8. DonZmeuheu - 58.837 PC
    9. Totall Wrytoff - 59.008 PS4
    10. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 59.106 XB1
    11. Leif - 59.406 PC
    12. ivann_11 - 59.442 PS4
    13. Sissydriver - 59.459 PC
    14. Moodyryder - 59.759 PS4
    15. Laughing Gravy - 1.00.070 PS4
    16. ChaosChris - 1.00.198 XB1
    17. Rod100 - 1.00.371 XB1
    18. Hugo Catarino - 1.01.883 PS4

8. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Fantastic recap of the week TW, love it!!

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

the recap is.... i am out of words. fantastic. emm...:oops:
    total - you are crazy! o_Oo_O
    :):):cool::cool::p:p:D:D

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Wow, super-close times there. Apart from Andy all out on his own of course (!) there were 7 of us #2-#8 separated by just over 3 tenths :eek:o_O:)

11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Damn shame that paying the bills got in the way of chasing a podium, but hey ho that’s the way life is...

Great lap from @Andy-R and taking the win, as I said before not a lot has changed round these parts ;)

Thanks @Totall Wrytoff for getting in touch and asking me for a combo, my goal for the WHC way back when was to encompass everything the game had to offer, and that is pretty much why I returned to the Maser and it’s surprisingly fun handling, on one of the shortest tracks in the game, it would have been too easy to pick a Porsche at Brands or a Pagani at Zandvoort ;)

Anyways I hope everyone had some fun at the track :)

12. DriverModFTW

It's true though, I wrote myself off multiple times thinking I would not find more time to run laps. Yet the competitive nature that resides deep within me was able to be extracted with the little free time I was able to find..an hour here an hour there. With that free time I felt it was best spent by competing with all of you. Thank you @Totall Wrytoff for the amazing recap. I'm sorry for what may be an anomaly of placing, that so happened to be on the birthday week of someone whom I'm always "trying" to chase and never ever even coming close to, @Lewisxbone . Now I just hope I can crack the top 10 with next weeks challenge :-/ lol