1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #151 – Register your interest…

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Oct 26, 2019.

1. ***** Entries and votes so far for the WHC 150 Concours d'Elegance *******

Huge thank-you to Neilski for doing the list with links below - if you haven't voted please can you review the entries and vote - the winner will be announced at the chequered flag on Sunday.

EDIT:
    Here are the results so far, don't forget, the winner either gets to pick a combi or gets to choose the player to set the combi for WHC154!

Totall Wrytoff - Moodyryder, Lewisxbone, Pretend racer, Mustang 500, Neilski
    Rod100 - Ivann_11, Sissydriver
    Mike Reynolds – Laughing Gravy
    Sissydriver - Rod100
    Andy-R – Hugo Catarino
    Moodyryder – Total Wrytoff
    Pretend racer
    LeiF
    V8_KB
    ivann_11
    Hugo Catarino

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Despite being massively impressed by @LeiF's race lap and hugely amused by @Pretend racer's tyre shredding,

@moodyryder gets my vote.

His entry actually prompted a change of behaviour! For the second time since I bought it, I loaded PCars2 and did 30 laps of Cadwell Park in the Aston Martin DBR1-300. It's much better than I remembered, it is miles, miles, miles better than the other one, thanks very much for getting us reacquainted!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  2. Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-10-31_19-15-10.png
    Finally a chance to have a quick go - stock with medium tyres on the wrong pressures.
    Transmission feels too tall, are we shortening the ratios?

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Sissydriver
    pc

1 48 926 151.jpg

thanks @Lewisxbone - tried some of your settings - not so twitchy, much better. :)

not falling in love with the st. :oops:

but its okay ;)

4. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-10-31_21-26-44.png
    Hmmm. Still quite twitchy!
    Perhaps the brake balance and diff need some fiddling with.

5. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

ChaosChris
    Xb1

[​IMG]

Happy to have broken the 1.48. Can’t seem to do more than 1 lap before shedding tyres though. And that hairpin takes an age to get round!!

6. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Oh yeah I should've mentioned I changed the gears a bit. I'll check what the new ratios are.

7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current Standings

1. Lewisxbone - 1.44.740 XB1
    2. F1415182235 - 1.45.022 - XB1
    3. ivann_11 - 1.45.568 PS4
    4. Leif - 1.45.868 PC
    5. Totall Wrytoff - 1.46.393 PS4
    6. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 1.46.791 XB1
    7. ChaosChris - 1.47.964 XB1
    8. Laughing Gravy - 1.48.812 PS4
    9. Sissydriver - 1.48.926 PC
    10. Twang – 1.51.411 XB1

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

8. Tvvang

Tvvang Racer

Improvement
    Twang
    1:49.509
    Xb1
    IMG_20191101_125347707.jpg

Chuffed oot ma gutties.
    Big thanks to lewisxbone for the setup.

9. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

DriverModFTW
    PC
    20191102_205840.jpg
    Have I mentioned my great dislike for this car? Very frustrating challenge for me. Idk know what it is about this car...it reminds me of a stunningly gorgeous woman that I am going to make a move on, I time it right and then we start talking...all goes to **** so fast in just the second sentence..nothing in common..game over, not even worth faking it to get it on with her.

10. DriverModFTW

Improvement
    DriverModFTW
    PC
    20191102_211108.jpg
    I lied, I faked it for 2 more minutes but switched to mediums just for the hell of it.

11. DriverModFTW

Improvement
    DriverModFTW
    PC
    20191102_213713.jpg
    I was up a tenth after the first 2 turns, pulling, lost it on the right hand sweeper getting greedy.

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current Standings

4. DriverModFTW - 1.45.813 PC
    5. Leif - 1.45.868 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 1.46.393 PS4
    7. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 1.46.791 XB1
    8. ChaosChris - 1.47.964 XB1
    9. Laughing Gravy - 1.48.812 PS4
    10. Sissydriver - 1.48.926 PC
    11. Twang – 1.49.509 XB1

13. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

moodyryder
    Ps4

I can't upload a normal screenshot for some unknown reason.

Fast car. Fast, like a gazelle. Or a Springbok maybe?

:)

Excuse me while I go carve another chip on my shoulder.

14. Everyone is safe from my improving.
    Sitting here with foot up and ice pack.:(

You could say I'm "gutted oot ma chuffies!"

15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Ouch - what have you done to yourself? :(

16. The body is starting to struggle to deliver what the mind wants!!
    Nasty sprain across the top of the foot, throbs mercilessly!
    Overdone it on the mats.:D 2-3 days and I should be OK to drive.

17. How are we doing for volunteers to help with WHCs? :D

...does anyone want to do all or some of WHCs 155-159?
    Please send me a PM. I will help do it with you if needed.

I'm not leaving WHC or abandoning the post of poster, just to be clear.:)

18. upload_2019-11-3_18-18-57.png
    That’s it for WHC151

Many congratulations to our podium positions this week, here are the final rankings:

In 1st place…
    @Lewisxbone! His time of 1.44.740 is over 4/10ths faster than the best on RSR, Lewisxbone is the fastest in the world! Very well done!
    In 2nd place...
    @F1415182235 with a lap time of 1.45.022 is a tenth faster than the RSR best. Brilliant lap, thanks for the inspiration for the combi!
    In 3rd place…
    @ivann_11 – 1.45.568 – the first time posted in this week’s challenge, ended up as a solid third place, 3/10ths faster than the nest man and am I right in thinking, this is the first podium position??? Very well done to him, spray the champagne!

WHC 151 final times and ranking:

4. DriverModFTW - 1.45.813 PC

5. Leif - 1.45.868 PC
    6. Moodyryder - 1.46.271 PS4
    7. Totall Wrytoff - 1.46.393 PS4
    8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 1.46.791 XB1
    9. ChaosChris - 1.47.964 XB1
    10. Laughing Gravy - 1.48.812 PS4
    11. Sissydriver - 1.48.926 PC
    12. Tvvang – 1.49.509 XB1

Red text – WHC150 Club, Gold Membership
    Silver text - WHC150 Club, Silver Membership

The Lambo proved so strongly to be a “love it / hate it” type of machine, it provoked all sorts of comments this week. Due to time and space I will pick two of very great contrast:

@Tvvang - “chuffed oot ma gutties!” A brilliant expression! …No, no idea either… but it seems very positive and enthusiasm is what drives WHC!. As we are a global forum, here is an explanation –
    In the 16th century a chuff was a miserable or boorish person but the word has a multitude of ancient meanings. To chuff was to break wind. It's gradually come to be used as a safe alternative to swearing, such as in Yorkshire, where someone who is angry may say "I’m chuffed off. Across most of the UK now, it is used as an expression of delight.
    Oot ma –
    out of my
    - Guttie has been used (in Scotland) since the nineteenth century to refer to anything made wholly or partly of rubber. The word is derived from the Malay "getah percha", the gum of the percha tree. Gutties came to be used for rubber-soled shoes in the twentieth century.” So, plimsolls (now called “Trainers”)
    So full translation could be “farted out of my trainers” or “so pleased, I jumped out of my shoes.” Huge thanks to Tvvang for the added colour provided!

Also colourful, we had lurid, fantasy thinking from @DriverModFTW and his clearly well practised ability to make a bad choice and / or deal with a flat “No.” With the creeping realisation that he must have experienced some real shockers on his life travels, it very quickly became more awkward than a whole series of The Office. Ended up being a great lap though and from experience, the more you ask, the more rejection you get! We've got his back!

Thanks to everyone for playing!

We also have the Concours d'Elegance to round up. Here, rather embarrassingly, are the entries and final votes!

Totall Wrytoff - Moodyryder, Lewisxbone, Pretend racer, Mustang 500, Neilski
    Rod100 - Ivann_11, Sissydriver
    Mike Reynolds – Laughing Gravy
    Sissydriver - Rod100
    Andy-R – Hugo Catarino
    Moodyryder – Total Wrytoff
    Pretend racer
    LeiF
    V8_KB
    ivann_11
    Hugo Catarino

So that means I win, I win, I win!
    WHC150 was unprecedented for Totall Wrytoff. Having never been close to a podium, he won the Concours and had a second and third place around the Nordschleife. I smell a very generous Neilski! Thanks again to everyone for your support. I’ve got a tear or two welling up guys!
    I shall choose a person to nominate (or even prepare….) the combi for 154!
    Thanks again to everyone who took the time to submit an entry, great contribution.

***********************WHC NOTICE************************
    :)I am very, very pleased to announce that a noble member of the forum has stepped forward to help out. A huge thanks to @ F1415182235 and a huge thanks from all of you too I hope! Top driver, top man, I’m very grateful.:)

Onto WHC152 - @Chaos_Chris has already mentioned his familiarity with this excellent beast – two good reasons for the relatively recent repeat
    1. Special request, as explained in the intro
    2. It is also one of my favourite cars - Practice Makes Perfect
    3. I can choose what I like when I like!:p

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  19. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Big congratulations to you Mr TW for winning the Concours d'Elegance.
    Very well deserved win

20. ivann_11

ivann_11 Racer

congrats to winners
    yes this is my first podium, Im just warming up
    and by the way, what are RSR times that you are reffering to so often?