1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #152 – No Pretending

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Bump up the brakes to 100 then? Just kiddin man, glad to hear you’re getting better!

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Sissydriver
    improvement
    pc

2 48 259 152.jpg

was on the way to 2.46.xx but crashed at Pouhon .... :confused:

2.45.xx is the goal, but i fear its not realistic. :rolleyes:
    but - much fun to survive a lap or two :cool:

3. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

It's not unrealistic by any means. Just put 30liters of fuel in her with fuel consumption on and just keep going! That's how I got down to 2.45..I got into a rhythm from continuous lapping, pushing my markers a wee bit every time, trying different steering angles for turns, etc. Now I feel as if I'm limited to what my tune provides. If I try getting back to throttle sooner or try to brake deeper, it's not responding how I imagine. I think I'm going to treat myself to an early birthday present and get a proper set of pedals so I can stop *****ing and complaining about my horrible stock t3pa's. Footwork is so important in a car and these pedals just straight suck. Sorry for the rant lol

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. Completely agree and no probs, much better off your chest! What have you got in mind for your new hardware?

The car needs early braking and very rarely needs full throttle. If and when so, it needs the wheels all straight and takes lots of patience (and space) to slowly sink it it to the floor! @Chaos_Chris mentioned this too.:)
    Torque is so good, lower gears are nearly as quick and much easier, provided you tread on eggshells!:D

5. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-11-4_18-56-48.png
    Two feet. :)
    Stock settings except 5L fuel, and fuel use and tyre wear off, to get some consistency.
    Loving trying to balance the chassis flex, rev flare and on-off turn-in, whilst coping with the enormous noise:D

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Leif
    PC

OK had a really quick go, two warmup laps first, corrected PSI as it was obviously cooler when I saved the setup, restarted then instantly beat my PB first go!

upload_2019-11-4_20-25-39.png
    F*****G love this car!

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Sissydriver
    Improvement
    pc

2 46 827 152.jpg

2.45 - i am coming! :):):)

8. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

I cant afford what I want. If I had the income to support the one time purchase of Heusinkvelds, I'd get those. However, income being limited at this point and much more important priorities taking precedent to a lavish set of pedals has me looking at standard v3's..if I can trust it I would even get them used to save some coin. I think I would be a fan of the hall sensors as opposed to potentiometers (since mine are 12 bit, and short pedal travel, have I mentioned I hate my pedals?). I have dabbled with the idea of csl elite LC's due to there 16 bit potentiometer brake hardware. It seems the popular feedback always comes down to money and then their is always those people saying I upgraded from csl LC's to v3's and the difference is worth it. Then you have the v3 people saying the brake isnt as good as the csl elite lc.. blah blah...hard to find good information out of such lopsided opinions though. The response that got me to think v3's was the one guy who said, you can get the csl elite lc's and enjoy them, however you're here posting asking about the comparison between the two and you will wonder in the near future if you should have just gone for the v3's first instead. Me personally, I kind of relate to that mind set. It would be great if there was a gaming store that had a rig set up with assorted pedal sets to try before you buy, take all the guess work out it.

9. That would be Nirvana. I might even travel to another country.
    If it's any help, I upgraded from G29 pedals to Clubsport V3 in the summer.
    It is a night and day, blow you away upgrade. They are better than the pedals in my car! No guesswork needed, you will like lots.
    I think they are multi adjustable, I've not touched them. Maybe the brake bites a smidgen too early, but the depth of feel is so good, you dial into them like getting used to your car.:D

10. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-11-4_21-53-50.png
    Worth posting to show the difference a bit of lowering and stiffening has made.
    Nearly a whole tenth of a second gained over two and three quarter minutes of driving.:)
    I think the car works better when softer, except at Eau Rouge, where you loose the rear over the bumps and crash.

11. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xb1

No messing... It's really not personal Totall.. a mad coincidence. I did that earlier but couldn't post it.

Went back to WHC 130 to find my own weird settings that I remembered posting but not sure it works as well 20 weeks later. Seems a bit stiff. We'll see..

Attached Files:

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Current Standings:

1. pretend racer - 2.41.682 PC
    2. Leif - 2.42.692 PC
    3. F1415182235 - 2.44.474 XB1
    4. DriverModFTW - 2.45.030 PC
    5. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 2.46.598 XB1
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 2.46.599 PS4
    7. Sissydriver - 2.46.827 PC
    8. ivann_11 - 2.51.121 PS4
    9. ChaosChris - 2.51.596 XB1
    10. Bobby Situkangpoles - 2.51.828 PS4

13. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Lewisxbone
    2.43.320 XB1

[​IMG]

Definitely not a fan of these old cars,
    Just can’t seem to enjoy them Or should I say I can’t drive them.
    but I must say the ffb actually feels quite nice on the wheel, so much detail from the tyres and suspension.

14. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

I have no idea how these laptimes are happening...

15. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Mainly sideways :)

16. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Guess that explains why I feel more comfortable with GT cars.

17. Just watch @Pretend racer 's lap and copy that....:cool:
    :D:D Dream driving. Great maintenance of momentum.

I can see I'm losing half a sec per corner on the braking and have a slower apex speed throughout.
    Much more practice required for me. About 1000hrs I think.:)

18. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Where’s gravy’s time? I am going for personal victory no2 ( out of many attempts) I am the bottas to his Hamilton. Or as Americans would say boatas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Be still my heart! I just got back from my holiday and getting over serious jet lag due to red eye flight. HOWEVER, tonite, just now...I thought I would see what the WHC was up to this week and there it was....my favourite track and one of my favourite cars (RSR 3.0 is/will always be numero uno). That does not mean that the leaders should fret, as I have been awarded a 2 second penalty as a result of being an old fart with crap reflexes. But.. I do love the insanity of this kind of car. The first thing I thought of was that @LeiF and @Pretend racer will be all over this as I know they both love the Cobra! Too late to have a go tonite but tomorrow, I shall load the AC and see about taking a spot on the leaderboard! Cheers guys...good to be back behind the wheel.

20. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement
    Lewisxbone
    2.42.425 XB1

9B0C4F43-0267-4874-BB5B-71F6D7ED0FFE.jpeg