1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 160 – A muddle of models

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski
    PC
    Whooosh, that was a close one. I knew there was a 16 in there, but I couldn't make it happen and was wishing I had started a bit before 5pm :D:p
    Finally dragged it out, by going 4 tenths faster on turns 1 and 2 (!). Only a few more tenths left on the table - it would have taken a lot of luck to get me below 16.5.

And omg, I really didn't expect this car to feel underpowered, but it did o_O
    It not only bogs down getting off the line, but 4th gear is just sooooo tall. I experimented with not even bothering with 5th on the main straight, but didn't really convince myself one way or the other if it made any real difference.
    upload_2020-1-12_17-55-40.png

Biner, 365gt, Mustang 500 and 2 others like this.
  2. upload_2020-1-12_17-56-18.png
    That’s all for WHC160!

Thanks to everyone for playing, here are the final results, including Neilski's very, very, very, late post... and review: -

WHC 160 Results

1. Existenz - 2:15:505 PC
    2. Mustang 500 - 2.16.267 XB1
    3. Pretend racer - 2.16.793 PC
    4. Neilski by the skin of his teeth - 2.16.864 PC
    5. Leif - 2.16.933 PC
    6. DriverModFTW - 2.17.343 PC
    7. Sissydriver - 2.17.736 PC
    8. Moodyryder - 2.17.952 Ps4
    9. Biner - 2:18.138 PC
    10. Totall Wrytoff - 2.18.361 PS4
    11. DonZmeuheu - 2.18.506 PC
    12. 365gt - 2.18.991 PS4
    13. Laughing Gravy - 2.19.789 PS4
    14. Alexis_RS_mkii - 2.20.014 PC
    15. Real ChaosChris - 2.20.843 Xb1

WHC 160 Review

@GoodGame.eXistenZ makes a welcome and mighty return, straight onto the top step of the podium with an RSR crushing time of 2:15.505! Wow! Wow to the time, but no surprise that it is eXisenZ. In fact I defy anyone to find a combi on RSR, where he isn’t No.1. And I look up a lot of combis! We are privileged to have, I propose, the fastest man on Assetto Corsa driving in our WHCs. We would, of course, be even more delighted when he shares a vid of his awesomeness!
    @Mustang 500 is on the second step this week, with an excellent 2.16.267. And he has tried hard, shaving the tenths down from his first time of 2:16.686. Second fastest in the whole wide world isn’t a bad result in a competition as Alien as this one! It’s brilliant!
    @Pretend racer claims third spot this week, with 2.16.793. He’s been time poor, but shared his set-up and lap vid with us. I have to say, it doesn’t clearly show where he’s dropped 1.2 seconds, and I love the VR view, showing the quick glance down at the time, and then swiftly away….Oh, nearly!
    Happy hols Pretend racer, I presume you are taking your rig with you?

@LeiF has come in 4th place. He had a little go last Sunday, in what I thought might be his ultimate combi, and that was it! Nonetheless, he’s in the 16s, that’s a result.
    @DriverModFTW put forth a fifth, with the astute observation, “the more you put, the more you get….” My observation on his reflection? Accomplish stuff now… when you are young dude, not one day when you are older!
    @Sissydriver’s back! And working hard! Chunky improvements all through the week could call into question his earlier assertion that practice wasn’t paying off? Great time, thank-you for posting the driving videos!
    The driving and alliterative genius @moodyryder maintained magnificent momentum at Mugello in the marvellous, manual M3, mostly, moodily and mercilessly mashing the motor, no doubt.
    @Biner 's back! And looking racey. Good improvements has put him even ahead of me! Good Christmas break then?
    And @DonZmeuheu is back too. I bet it is lovely where he is, it’s been sunny and clear, I would be out on the slopes!
    It was, again, another week of great work for @365gt Into the 2:18s although his final post had me confused for only a moment! Well done to him and he’s moving up the leader board week by week!
    With no personal photos this week, the canal was clear for @Laughing Gravy to navigate a quiet lock, sorry, lap. He eclipsed his nemesis by 1.1 seconds, which is a satisfying two barge lengths!
    More big and warm welcomes to @Alexis_RS_MKII ,who posted his first ever WHC lap time this afternoon! Great to see you, thanks for joining in and I hope we see you often!
    @Chaos_Chris rounds us off with his quick and low profile appearance. Was it just the ten laps this week…? This is the way to start slowly and really build up through the year!
    Enigmatic showings from @Neilski , (“great banter, what-time-do-you-call-this?”) and @F1415182235 , (if you ain’t first, you’re last!)

Finally, on behalf of all of us, a very “big ups” to @Lewisxbone . We’re thinking of you, we’re missing you, we hope to see you soon.:)

Thanks very much to you all for playing and partaking, let’s go and peel an orange box!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    sissydriver, Biner, 365gt and 7 others like this.
  3. Oh dear @Neilski !

I see there's been an overlap as I was posting the chequered flag....:D

Benevolently edited!:rolleyes:

4. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

5. Now you tell us!:D:D
    Congrats again on your time and skills!

365gt, Mustang 500 and Neilski like this.
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Well done everyone.Thanks to Totall Wrytoff for keeping us in check and for another excellent summary of the week;)
    @Alexis_RS_MKII Welcome and enjoy:)

7. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Here is the video of my lap - too late but I share it anyway.

Totall Wrytoff and DriverModFTW like this.