1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 163 – The whining baby’s first step

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Without wanting to blow my own trumpet, I see my profile has just been promoted.
    I did get a "1000th Post" Trophy the other day... maybe it was that.

Just wanted to draw your attention to it, that's all.:D:rolleyes:

sissydriver, gamma500, 365gt and 3 others like this.
  2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Improvement
    Sissydriver
    pc

2 23 074 163.jpg

nice little car. :)

4. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

@GoodGame.eXistenZ
    I think you mentioned you raced and won several racing competitions. Did those skills transfer over to the sim world or is it far too different?

5. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Totall Wrytoff -We await great things from you from now on;):D

Neilski, Totall Wrytoff and gamma500 like this.
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

A quick little session which weas useful:DI know,but weas is a thing too,in my world anyway:p

IMG_0961.JPG

7. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Many thx for this video! Gonna study this and see where I lose time. At this moment, everywhere.

There not much oversteer/drifting?

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Stan Getz - maybe he "tuned" the setup - but you have to set grip to 100% - then you can easily do 2.2x times. be patient. practice. here are a lot of crazy fast guys and the main thing is to look at yourself. to avoid frustration ;)
    when i think about that i am 6s slower atm...thats really frustrating.
    but i felt fast, very fast - its not easy to accept that the aliens are aliens ;)

9. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Stan Getz ,Great advice from sissydriver.Have a look into trail breaking if you haven't done so already.Driver 61 has some good stuff on YT.Try not to overdrive when you start to get frustrated cause you'll just loose time.I do that every week but i now know i'm doing it and automatically adjust mentally.Good luck;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  10. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Alien eh?

Hmm.

I saw this, and I thought of you.

Screenshot_20200129-191035.png

365gt, gamma500, Lewisxbone and 5 others like this.
  11. :D
    Quite deserved! Liking the one button, single breasted waistcoat.
    It's pretty much spot on, perhaps missing a cravat, and I am a bit paler and greener, teeth yellower... but otherwise, remarkably close!!
    :D:p

How about a lap time @moodyryder ?:D

365gt, gamma500, Lewisxbone and 3 others like this.
  12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Improvement
    Sissydriver
    pc

2 21 708 163.jpg
    little more bump at the front, and less at the rear (if I understand it correctly (and I think I feel it too) more precision in the front and more traction in the back - quite a bit sliding but controllable) :)
    not enough time to dig deeper, imho: this car deserves a better setup than i did o_O

DonZmeuheu, 365gt, gamma500 and 5 others like this.
  13. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

moodyryder
    Ps4

20200129_202908.jpg
    English car in Scotland and and poor old avatar moody has to change gear with his right hand?

Outrageous.

DonZmeuheu, 365gt, gamma500 and 6 others like this.
  14. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Alexis_RS_MKII
    PC

whc_163.png

15. Improvement
    Totally under pressure Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-1-29_21-7-58.png
    As I've said, I'm sure it's to do with the number of posts rather than the quality of driving.:)

16. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

The way how the car behaves and what you could expect of the car on the circuit is in fact very close to reality. When it comes to physics I'D say there is still room for improvement. For example you can feel the mass of the car pretty well, but some bumps feel off, as if you were driving a brick simply falling to the ground. And from my side I never felt tyre wear as much as in real life. I could always tell when my tyres were overheating, in AC I honestly cannot tell the difference apart from laptime unless they are really hot.
    I started with sim racing before the real counterpart and shurely it helped, but I was fast the moment I set foot in a car. Overall it does help to understand the behaviour of a car and learn some tracks.

@sissydriver @Stan Getz : I setup my cars rather loose at the back, especially with cars like the Elise. The reason is that you only require very small steering input at corner entrance and the rest the car simply travels through and you can power out of the corner. That's why I often make small and fast corrections to tackle the loose end. It's fast as long as the car does not start to slide.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  17. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    DriverModFTW
    PC
    20200129_165147.jpg

18. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Set the grip to 100%? Where can I do this?

Indeed, yesterday I was racing again and getting frustrated. I get the feeling I am missing something. Racing since Race-on (I am not so fast) but the times I am setting now...

Neilski, gamma500, 365gt and 2 others like this.
  19. @Stan Getz

Track Grip is at the bottom of the first settings screen when you select Hotlap
    You need to select "Optimum."

It should make things much easier!:)

20. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Thx! I already are on optium....Thought 100% was an other option. Gonna try without the H-shifter. Goal for me this WHC - 2:25. Lets rock! ;)