1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 164 – Learning Curves

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 1, 2020.

1. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Just throwing it out there for anyone to answer. These are the only 2 car brands I can't pronounce.

Totall Wrytoff and 365gt like this.
  2. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

What about Jaguar?

3. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

Hee, hee, hee..:p

I would suggest we North Americans leave this one alone!:D

Totall Wrytoff and 365gt like this.
  4. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

For those of a certain age and in the UK ,Mary Whitehouse would be in for a real shock these days:eek:.I remember coming back from the pub and hoping a red triangle programme would be on which in todays terms was very tame.:D:D:D:D:D:DNowadays anything goes.Who on earth goes on these shows?????????????????.Obviously the UK is sending out the message to see potential partners in their birthday suits before asking them out.So this paints a disturbing image of british pubs with customers having a bag over their faces until you find a suitable looking tw#t,boobs or co#ck.Sorry i'm rambling on:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  5. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

trying to find some time. Do you take copse corner full speed with default setup?

Totall Wrytoff, gamma500 and 365gt like this.
  6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Stan Getz -At the moment i'm dropping down to 5th in default setup.It gives me better exit speed;)

7. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

365gt
    PS4

A quick session to get a feel and adjust psi and fuel.

IMG_0972.JPG

8. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Well, this one caught me a bit off guard. I was wondering what the Bank Of Ireland had to do with anything so I had to google "boi"

Ouch.

I like to think I'm a modern, unprejudiced bloke, so here's my rainbow lap, loud and proud and unapologetic .

I know it can be hard to copy the alien's laps; it might be easier to follow my humble effort to begin with.

I've included my set up at the end. It's not much different from the standard.

Oh yes, welcome to the WHL, by the way.

DonZmeuheu, 365gt, Lewisxbone and 4 others like this.
  9. That's a lovely, sensitive, velcoming wideo @moodyryder !
    The time and thought involved, together with the impressive content and "vulnerable-childhood" soundtrack, it is overvhelming.
    By far, the best of VHC receptions ever, not to mention, just how little you had to work with.:)

Vatching the wideo, I find it so difficult to concentrate on your line, was just too busy wiping away the tears....

As for your shameless plug as a "father figure" role model to the less experienced... I'm buying! Twice.:)

10. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Laughing Gravy
    PS4 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

11. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Yep, me too. Gonna try to put some more downforce. I also took the first corner in 5, tried the last lap full power and gained 1 sec. Maybe copse corner can be done full power and hopefully I will get an 2:03:xxx :)

12. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Yep, me too. Gonna try to put some more downforce. I also took the first corner in 5, tried the last lap full power and gained 1 sec. Maybe copse corner can be done full power and hopefully I will get an 2:03:xxx :)

13. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

14. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Stan Getz -Abbey is flat out.I think with copse it depends where you knock down to 5th.It's a fine balance.Knock down too early you loose speed knock down too late you're going sight seeing,for me anyway;)I was going to post this three times:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek::confused:I'm sure you'll get into the 2.03's;)

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

after the appearance of the dlc there is more and more the wish in me to carry out the whc also in acc. :cool:
    but I'm afraid that will be difficult. :(
    hopefully I will still have time and desire to scare the little runabout a little faster through here;)

16. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Oke! thx, lets rock!

17. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

:eek::confused:I just can't seem to dial this t#at,oops sorry,tat in:p.

@Stan Getz -go for it dude:D

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  18. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Yeah....the new DLC in ACC is massive;) so much fun driving on the new tracks and the great thing is I read somewhere in a forum where a guy from kunos said that it's the first DLC;) so we can assume that more DLC's will come in future:)

sissydriver, 365gt and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  19. WHC 164 Thursday Standings

1. Pretend racer - 2.00.641 PC
    2. Lewisxbone - 2:00.789 XB1
    3. DriverModFTW - 2.01.099 PC *
    4. Moodyryder - 2.03.341 Ps4
    5. Peggy11 - 2.03.656 PC
    6. Sissydriver - 2.03.761 PC
    7. 365gt - 2.03.764 PS4
    8. Totall Wrytoff -2.03.794 PS4
    9. Stan getz - 2:04:838 PS4
    10. Laughing Gravy - 2.04.855 PS4
    11. Bobby Situkangpoles - 2:05.451 PS4
    12. ChaosChris - 2.06.171 Xb1
    13. Gamma500 - 2.09.920 PC

Thursday catharsis

Tuesday to Thursday on the forum this week has been a journey. I’m haunted by the feeling that one unwise choice of supporting image in Tuesday’s Standings may have started it.:eek: Many thanks to @moodyryder for stepping in to hold things together so entertainingly! (I think wiktor, friend of Andy from Falkirk, could have used a comma and has gone away now. The grammatical threw me slightly. I'm hoping this post starts a new page!!:D)
    One of our favourite driver’s leg has been firmly pulled, in bragging that there are only two car brands he can’t pronounce! Never mind Jegwaaaargh, has he been to China? (No thanks, all flights are cancelled!)
    Here is one for all of us, especially @Neilski - How do you say the name of the car brand below? The Chinese “luxury” car maker, going since 1958 and the 67th highest-selling car brand in the country. Yep, that’s 67th. I’ve even included the logo as a huge clue. (answer is below)
    upload_2020-2-6_19-9-36.png
    Hey @F1415182235 , two weeks and no laps is very unusual!
    Reviewing the Tuesday Standings, apologies to @Bobby Situkangpoles , wrongly placed as 8th instead of 7th. Shockingly, no one appeared to notice, or, how delightfully polite everyone is. I thought you all read everything…. Delightfully polite it is then!

Back to the driving @moodyryder has even found time to pop in a 4th placed lap time. What a super range of talents. @Stan Getz , heavy on his “post reply” button, has delivered a whopper! Three seconds of improvement. Most unfairly, he is promoted to 9th - the same place as Tuesday. We see what happened there. In real terms he’s up two places. Great going!@Laughing Gravy drops in behind. As a man with an eye for a lovely number, he’s got the numerically wonderful 10th position. And @365gt , in at 7th, keeps up last week’s momentum and fills out the crowded 2:03.7 segment. We know he’s got something up his sleeve…;)

Good to see the vigorous discussion on line and throttle, although @Pretend racer 's very excellent video removes any questions about the fastest way around the circuit!
    No motivational motivation today, heads down, let’s quietly get on.:D
    (Ans = “HONGQI” :D;)......................... :rolleyes: In English..."Honn-chee.")

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  20. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-2-6_20-57-32.png
    I think I might park her up... in deference and gratitude to he who has so amusingly looked after "my back!" :)