1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 169 - Hot Boxin' da Club

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Mar 7, 2020.

1. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

Is this challenge with PDK or manual h-box? I dont see any clutch action and I know you cant clutchless the manual because it grinds and wont go into gear (whether mechanical damage is on or off, as far as I know). I understand autoblip downshifting, yet it still requires clutch as does upshifting. I remember with alfa romeo launch edition was setup as a manual cockpit yet the sim had me paddle shifting, which I found odd. Seems like something similar going on here? Unless I'm imagining things or doing something wrong.

Pretend racer and 365gt like this.
  2. LeiF

LeiF Alien

This one has a manual gear box. The PDK version is a separate car iirc.

3. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

That's what I thought, yet these videos aren't making sense to me unless they can hit the clutch quicker than the sim recognizes input (blue bar on pedal input). I'm just confused as to how any shifting is being done without clutching (blue bar never moves).

4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xb1

That's the best I can do yet but haven't watched the videos so there is a hope. That was TC off but I matched it with tc on. I can press on the throttle early when it's on but they both have pros and cons.

Attached Files:

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

If the video is recorded from a replay then the clutch bar doesn’t work, it only saves the accelerator and brake pedals.

Pretend racer likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Very interesting how ps4 and xbox can handle ACC. Really good news for the console guys / girls. The sound is so awesome. Its like a drug for me *"vroaam"*VROOOAAAMMM *":)
    :):)

Totall Wrytoff and Pretend racer like this.
  8. le Bluem

le Bluem Racer

leBluem 0.57.925 PC

At first a slidefest, then got too carefull, then a break for whatever, then stomp on it and threw the thing around corners
    upload_2020-3-11_21-40-0.png

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  9. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ChaosChris
    Xb1
    [​IMG]
    Still getting greedy with entry but when I slow too much the goast runs away..

Any set ups going??

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Thursday already and I haven't driven a single lap yet.Hopefully tomorrow if not the weekend.

11. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Weekly Hotlap Challenge Summary

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 54:662 PC
    2. F1415182235 54.895 X1
    3. pretend racer 55.004 PC
    4. DriverModFTW 55.501 PC
    5. Leif 55.822 PC
    6. DonZmeuheu 55.869 PC
    7. Neilski 55.918 PC
    8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 56.406 Xb1
    9. Totall Wrytoff 56.513 PS4
    10. Biner 56.968 PC
    11. ChaosChris 57.159 Xb1
    12. leBluem 0.57.925 PC
    13. moodyryder 1.00.248 Ps4

@F1415182235 lit the club up with a smoking quick time!
    @moodyryder comfortably cruising around the club, admiring all the hotties that are drooling over his bodacious bod
    @Chaos_Chris refined his dance moves and the hotties appreciate the quickness he showed
    @le Bluem started dancing timidly, but wasn't getting too far with the hotties until he started breakdancing
    @Emmanuel Tubbiolo can't decide on which approach is best to impress the hotties, tc done up, or tc left undone.

Great job guys, the club is smoking and we have had quite a few hookups happening. Bouncers are keeping everything kosher so no worries about ordering another drink and gaining the confidence needed to go after that hottie in the corner of the club who's just a little out of your league. But a good smile and a great personality can sometimes make all the difference.

12. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

In my case its because I never use the clutch. I only use the paddle shifters... I don't have a h-shifter.

I posted my setup at the end of my video in post #15. I find with most street cars the best thing to do is to max the neg camber and increase postive toe almost all the way. Turn the TC off because once you get used to modulating the throttle you will be faster than if you let the tc modulate it for you.

13. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

MY SETUP
    Fuel: 5 L
    Pressures: 22 psi front, 24 psi rear
    Camber: -2 front -2.4 rear
    Toe: 2 front, 11 rear
    TC: 0

Best chance to put your best lap is lap 1.

14. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Alexis_RS_MKII
    PC

whc_169_2.png

15. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Not all cars punish you when you just push clutch and do not release the accelerator ;)

For my setup - as I said before, I set camber at the front to -2 and at the back to -2,2. I left toe stock.

16. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

365gt
    PS4

Normal buisiness resumes.Damage on full and tc off.Just the usual psi and fuel changes at the moment.
    Thanks to those posting set ups.

IMG_1018.JPG

17. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Laughing Gravy
    PS4 [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Sissydriver
    pc

0 57 893 169.jpg

no gt3 car. really no gt3 car...o_O - everything stock, sliding and screaming...:oops:

@Alexis_RS_MKII - dunno if the wind helps you? ;)

19. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    moodyryder
    Ps4

20200314_124128.jpg

It's been a difficult week but I gave it another try for some AC therapy.

After all, it only takes a minute.

----

As for "da club" everyone in those sort of places looks about 14 years old to my aging eyes.

I'm more likely to go cruising to pick the wife up from bingo.

Pass the slippers.

LeiF, Laughing Gravy, 365gt and 3 others like this.
  20. Neilski

Neilski Alien

:D:D:D

365gt and Pretend racer like this.