1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 172 - Ode to No Combo for Old Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yeah, I was having that problem too and I have no idea why.
    Instead of "normality" (aka Newtonian physics! :p), whereby a modest (~ 1 metre?) variation in the place I hit the brakes is matched by a similar variation in where the car gets slow enough to take the corner, it feels like this combo at T1 has a huge amplification - like it becomes a 5+ metre variation and I can end up over-/under-shooting the bend enormously. I was starting to wonder if the grip varies dramatically across that bit of track but that feels unlikely...?!

2. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

@William Nortje I noticed that you have 22 laps completed in your last session which seems like a lot. I tend to restart my session after about 3 or 4 laps so I don't have to go to the pits and do an out lap after I changed tires. My setup would work best on lap 2 and by lap 3 and 4 the tires were worn out and it would cost me time.

I was wondering if the car suffers from brake fade because I know some cars do. But yah, I had the same feeling - a meter or two and you either overshoot or undershoot the apex. It probably has more to do with how much you turn the wheel while braking because as @GoodGame.eXistenZ pointed out, any steering input greatly reduces the braking abilities of the Audi.

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Keep it straight! :)

Btw. you guys really drive with ghost on?

4. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

With regard to the ghost, those of on consoles have no alternative as there is no option to turn off the ghost in Hotlap mode. Suffice to say that if I could send the ghosts that haunt me to their after lives the bowels of hell would be overflowing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

I like the ghost but set to 1 second ahead so I am chasing it, not driving inside it.
    Really helps me as I can’t concentrate alone on track, having a car to chase down focuses the mind :)

6. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yeah, I do the same - 1 second ahead. However, I set it up so long ago that the rationale for it is now lost to me!

When I'm learning a track and gaining serious time (esp. on long tracks!) the ghost kinda just gets in the way regularly and stops me from seeing corner entries properly, LOL.
    When I'm dialled in and seeking the final tenth or three, the ghost is far enough away that I'm not convinced it's really helping me at all... Maybe I'll try with it turned off again :D

7. GoodGame.eXistenZ

I did not know you cannot turn it off on consoles - that is lame.

The ghost is really irritating to me as Neilski pointed out in regards to visibility - but of course it is up to personal preference. Also, the ghost may help to see where you lost or gained time, but I prefer delta time overlay to fix this. I believe I did not drive with a ghost since starting with Gran Turismo in 1998 :D.

8. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

oops

Pretend racer likes this.
  9. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Yeah totally.It's not too bad if the ghost is a 1 sec ahead but any more than that and I have to quit the lap.I guess it's just another reason to get a pc.My list is getting longer and longer:D

Pretend racer likes this.
  10. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

@LeiF -I'm coming to get you;)

IMG_1032.JPG

11. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Mustang 500
    XB1
    IMG_1600.JPG

12. caly82

caly82 Simracer

hi mustang!!! Amazing lap time!!!
    Could you please tell me your FOV setting?!?

thanks!!

365gt, Pretend racer and Mustang 500 like this.
  13. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

improvement
    moodyryder
    Ps4
    20200405_102426.jpg

14. Improvement
    William Nortje
    PC

20200405121503_1.jpg

@Pretend racer. I had brake wear off - so was thinking no harm in running lots of laps as long as the pressures and temperature remain OK - which of course they weren't, the front right overheating after a few laps. Was wondering if there's some tyre scrubbing effect - some posts seem to think so, so I put tyre wear on and only ran 3 laps at a time - definitely feels better hence finally getting under 1:44 - on the first lap as well - thanks for the help! As for the ghost - I found it helped a lot with improvement, but after a point it just got in the way and knowing I was ahead of the ghost made me think more of racing it than focus on getting every corner right. Switching it off should have been obvious :)

15. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

I use the default FOV setting of 56 degrees

16. No Improvement

Just in case you think that I haven't been trying @Pretend racer !:D

I'm envious of the solid improvements across the board and annoyed I'm not getting anywhere!
    I've tried all of the set-ups this week, I've just done another hour, with your set-up, but my ghost pulls away through turn 4 every time.
    It's a very tough challenge! Not my week. I've been trying!:)

17. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Improvement
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    1:41:058

I had the 1:40:9xx in my hands, but I let it slip away - so be it :p

[​IMG]

18. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Improvement
    Stan getz
    1:45:995
    PS4

few more laps now before finish

Attached Files:

Mustang 500, 365gt, Neilski and 4 others like this.
  19. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

Thats it, was quicker in a few corners but no clean lap

Mustang 500, 365gt, Neilski and 3 others like this.
  20. caly82

caly82 Simracer

Caly82
    XB1

[​IMG]