1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 174 – Easter Egg &*&

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Apr 11, 2020.

1. WHC 174 Tuesday Timings

Hotlap

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:26:276 PC
    2. Neilski - 1.27.379 PC
    3. Lewisxbone - 1.27.414 Xb1
    4. Graveltrap 1:27.582 PS4
    5. Leif - 1.27.753 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 1.29.288 PS4
    7. Sissydriver - 1.29.839 PC
    8. Stan Getz - 1:29:758 PS4
    9. Laughing Gravy - 1.30.741 PS4

Finders of the Easter Bunny

1. Pretend racer - 1.45.197 pc
    2. Moodyryder - 1.46.754 PS4
    3. Totall Wrytoff - 1.47.337 PS4

Another one of those deliciously smooth laps from @GoodGame.eXistenZ makes me feel slightly envious of his prowess. Thanks for the vid and set-up, we all just need to follow that. :DGetting the right entry into the corner seems to be especially important for this combi.
    Well done to @moodyryder for being the first to find the egg;)
    @Pretend racer goes fastest around Mugello and posting the most tantalising vid I've ever seen! I kept trying to duck my vision below the graphics. The combination of Pretend racer, Mugello, Turn 1 and huge slide, sounded very familiar....WHC 148? Ford GT40? "Properly heroic" was my description!:)

2. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Egg
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:42:237
    [​IMG]

Video:

I forgot to take a screenshot - AGAIN:mad::mad::mad::mad: I am just not used to it:oops::oops: So, here is the RSR entry.:rolleyes:

I like the 787B, it is a rewarding car, yet wants to be driven on the limit all the time to be fast. I reduced wing to 2 at the front and 14 at the back. Adjusted gears so I max out 3rd on the smaller straights, 4th for the rest. 2nd is only used for two corners. In addition I set springs to 125 at the front and 120 at the back. ARB 6 front and 3 at the back. Toe only a few clicks more aggressive on both ends. Camber 2 at the front. Dampers stock atm.

3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

LOL yes! :D

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  4. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Hotlap 174
    moodyryder
    Ps4

20200414_214638.jpg

I wish I could set the ghost a second or two up the road.

Normally it doesn't bother me but it was very off putting here.

Be it ever thus. I can go faster but the Spectre of Dingle Dell has got in my head now.

I'm going back to the Isle of Man TT. Where I can turn the bloody ghost off. :)

5. Hotlap
    William Nortje
    PC
    20200415011959_1.jpg

I'm quite enjoying the Audi - its a lot easier to drive than the last 2 weeks - think I'll stick with trying to improve in it some more this week before moving to the Mazda - which I tried for a few laps and quickly gave up :) Tried camber and pressure settings to prevent front left overheating - and the rears getting too cold - no luck. Also tried mediums as @Totall Wrytoff suggested but these lose too much in the first half of the lap, so overheated / cold softs it is. Found that @GoodGame.eXistenZ gearing from his video helped a lot from stock too - thanks!

6. Oh no!
    My comment was more of a complaint rather than a suggestion! Horrified to hear you've spent time....:eek::D

However, I had the tyre warmers on, so in fact, I'm going to try your suggestion @William Nortje , cold softs.:)

GoodGame.eXistenZ and Neilski like this.
  7. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Leave tyre warmers on, soft compound. Only go for one lap - restart. If you don't go too aggresive with the throttle the tyres will lap just fine. Like always find the sweet spot where you can pull the car out of the corner with throttle, let off when you can feel the tiniest bit of understeer. Do not use all the rev range, shift 300-400 rpm before the limiter.

8. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

If you take sheene and Stirling’s out of this circuit shortened one straight and made the second longer it bears more than a passing resemblance to red bull ring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  9. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Interesting. I must admit I'm not seeing it myself. I've always found BH to flow; you can get into a rhythm.

RBR is stop start and I can never get into a mindset for it.

Sometimes track maps can be misleading too. Here's a picture of Phakisa Freeway road course with an inset of Brands Hatch. They look similar at first glance.

20200415_122740.png

In reality:

Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  10. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Hotlap
    Alexis_RS_MKII
    PC

I think it will be very hard for me to improve...

Thanks to @GoodGame.eXistenZ for sharing some setup tips that helped me to improve my lap time!

Attached Files:

11. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-4-15_14-54-57.png
    Thanks also to @GoodGame.eXistenZ . :)

First try, following the advice - 7/10ths faster!
    The stiffer front with the soft tyres works much better.

12. That's a quality thought @Chaos_Chris :D
    Is this a diversion, or are you just stalling?

I've spent an enjoyable 2 hours looking at circuit layouts around the world that also look like Brands, give or take a few tweaks....

Laguna Seca?

upload_2020-4-15_15-36-50.png
    Almost an exact replica!

I'm taking it that "passing resemblance" excludes any driving similarity though.

GoodGame.eXistenZ and Neilski like this.
  13. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Same reason why I don't like Monza. Straights too long, some massive braking - destroys all "flow". I wish there were more tracks like Tsukuba, Ebisu, Castle Comble, Thruxton etc. in Assetto Corsa.

Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  14. Improvement
    Easter egg
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-4-15_22-30-17.png
    Improvement courtesy of @Pretend racer:)

15. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Egg Improvement
    pretend racer
    pc

[​IMG]

setup at the end of the vid, which should be uploaded in a few hours.

I tried a couple laps with the setup I used last time and it wasn't a good setup. I reset it to default and applied the changes suggested by @GoodGame.eXistenZ The car immediately felt way better under braking and I could trust the front end a lot more. I reduced the rear wing a bit to get some extra speed not sure if it actually helped my laptimes or not. Overall, those changes netted me about 1.3 seconds. Not bad eh?

I don't think I have the gearing quite right after watching goodgame's vid, it looks like he's one gear higher than me for most of the corners...

16. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

After not having time Easter Sunday due to family obligations (typically sunday is when I get the most consistent time to do laps and submit my time) I tried having a go at brands in the Audi vln last night and wasnt having it after multiple restarts. Forgot to take a screen shot but it wasnt anything to write home about. Couldn't get the feel for the car..rsr says I did 20 something laps but I'm pretty sure I just restarted 15 times..I definitely didnt make it around the track more than 10 times. A long day of work and biking for 10 miles before trying didnt help my footwork either. Probably just shouldn't have bothered trying last night. Not sure I'll have time for this challenge as I have some parts for the motorcycle trickling in. I'm anxious to get it back together while everyone is still quarantined. The roads have been wide friggen open. I've been going through withdrawl having my bike apart! I do have everything ready to go for 175 if I dont end up finding time to participate in this one.

Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  17. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

18. What?
    No podium this week @DriverModFTW ?:D

Perhaps the Mazda at Mugello might be more tempting...
    It sounds like a racing bike too:)

Hope the rebuild goes smoothly and looking forward to your debut WHC combi on Saturday:D:cool:

DriverModFTW and Neilski like this.
  19. @Pretend racer
    Very interesting to hear that you didn't like your first set-up. I found it very difficult to drive so I softened front bounce dampers and increased rear diff. Having made it round, I was amazed to have gone nearly a sec faster! Despite being a pig, it produced a fast time!
    Onto the @GoodGame.eXistenZ set up later, hope it gets me 1.3secs too!:)

Neilski likes this.
  20. WHC 174 Thursday standings

Hotlap

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:26:276 PC
    2. Neilski - 1.27.379 PC
    3. Lewisxbone - 1.27.414 Xb1
    4. Graveltrap 1:27.582 PS4
    5. Leif - 1.27.753 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 1.28.554 PS4
    7. Alexis_RS_MKII - 1.28.594 PC
    8. Moodyryder - 1.28.753 Ps4
    9. William Nortje - 1.28.760 PC
    10. Stan Getz - 1:29:758 PS4
    11. Sissydriver - 1.29.839 PC
    12. Laughing Gravy - 1.30.220 PS4

@GoodGame.eXistenZ is Schumacher-like in his dominance around Brands Hatch. Fantastic time.

There's the four way battle of the 27s and look at the four way battle of the 28s! We are splitting hairs!

Egg

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:42:237 PC
    2. Pretend racer - 1.43.888 pc
    3. Totall Wrytoff - 1.46.444 PS4
    4. Moodyryder - 1.46.754 PS4

@GoodGame.eXistenZ pops in another mighty performance and has a big lead at the moment, despite the considerable improvement from @Pretend racer
    Are people off eggs at the moment?:)

Slightly off topic, I would like to include a special mention today to Captain Tom Moore. He's the real champion this week.
    What an inspiration, what an example to us all.
    If you're not aware of this heartwarming story, google him.:cool: