1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 183 – Rampant in the Wild West

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vid will be up in an hour or so.

I decided to have a go yesterday but I couldn't quite put it all together for whatever reason. I did manage to improve by about a tenth, but I hit the wall on that lap, so I didn't want to use it.

Today I decided to increase the negative camber and add a little more toe. I was able to drive the car a lot more consistently - I hardly hit any barriers compared to yesterday. I also managed to remember what gears to take all the corners in and that made a big difference. I also concentrated on my trail braking. I tried to make sure I was letting the brakes off slowly and gingerly to let the front end bite and not slide when entering the apex.

Great combo! Seeing everyone's improvements motivated me too! Some pretty impressive improvements this week!

2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski
    PC
    Oh boy... this car is a bit of a pig to drive! :eek:
    I came close to giving up before setting a time at all. Shockingly bad first few attempts, followed by some minor tweaks to the setup (not much to change) and a dramatic reduction to my steering wheel's rotation, to give me half a chance of catching the rear end. Throw in braking a kilometre or two before each corner and I stopped hitting every apex backwards, but only just. (Worst brakes on any sports car, ever? AC does model brake heating but I didn't really notice any difference in this car as they heated up. Maybe I need to look more carefully...)
    After a few more laps I almost started to get a feel for it, but I'm still struggling!

Edit: Oh FFS! I've just looked at some of the other screenshots and realised that I had only spotted two of the available tyre types. The one I didn't see was the semi-slicks... :rolleyes::oops:

upload_2020-6-18_23-11-31.png

3. @Neilski - in ten to fifteen laps, you'll have dialled in completely, braking softer and earlier, using the torque and be doing 3.55s.
    At this distance, you are always 3-4 secs ahead of my time....:)

P308R, Peggy11 and Pretend racer like this.
  4. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Well, I reckon I'll have to have another go now, just to see how much time the semi-slicks deliver... :)
    And I think the gap between us might be inversely related to how perverse the handling is! ;)

5. Very nice thought indeed!!:D

That is a "been to the supermarket" grade excuse!:D:D:D

But anything other than factory settings and street tyres this week is called an "Abt" performance.;);)
    upload_2020-6-19_0-30-18.png

6. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

I didn't expect anything else from you! What an impressive run :eek: Well done! "I'll take my hat off sir"

7. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Wow, page 4 already, how long have I been away?

So on Tuesday I was again uncomfortably driving the 488 GT3 (ACC), thankfully only a 20m race, this week Silverstone.
    ..threw away 4th on the last lap, too much kerb, damn Ferrari, though did get the fastest lap during the race.
    Wednesday I put the AMG GT3 (ACC) onto pole at Monza and pulled a 4-5 second gap, 90 minutes and one pit stop later I can tell you I was ****ed but no mistakes, first ever win in that league :D
    Last night took the M3 GT2 (AC) round Imola for an hour race, pole and 1st place to extend championship lead.

I feel tired again just thinking about all that..
    Just gonna get in some M3 practice for next week while the car is fresh and then have a go at this savage beast combo tomorrow morning!!

Happy Friday WHC people!

8. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Pretend racer, P308R, Peggy11 and 2 others like this.
  9. @LeiF
    Congrats! That's fantastic.
    Looking comfortable!:cool:

Pretend racer, P308R and LeiF like this.
  10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Congrats! :) I find the 488 difficult to drive in AC, in ACC I find it better tbh, but have not really done many hours in ACC so that might change :p
    What time did you aet for pole in the M3?

11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Improvement
    Neilski
    PC
    Well..... I take it all back. Not a pig, after all, just in need of a bit of finesse with the inputs. Not sure how much of it was the change to the (presumably) better tyres, but I'm now able to feel the car. Minor changes to camber and toe (placebo?) probably also helped me to keep it nearer to the limit without fatal snappiness.
    Still not causing any concern for the front runners, and I think I'd be really lucky to drag much more than another few tenths out of it at this stage.
    ...but nonetheless I actually sorta enjoyed the last few laps! :D

upload_2020-6-19_22-35-28.png

12. What?!:rolleyes:

That's robbed me of an extremely rare third place.
    Nice lap.
    :D

13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Thanks!
    Yep, gotta go back to the Ferrari and try to find how on earth to drive it before next race :D

Pole in M3 I did 1.43.680 on softs; this league has 200 tyre wear so super soft tyres don’t really last enough to do outlap and hotlap, otherwise I think they would maybe gain me another second there at normal tyre wear. The remaining 0.7 is probably 0.5 my fault, 0.2 setup :)
    In the race was lapping in 45-46s on mediums, at that tyre wear had to be pretty careful just to make them last a 30m stint.

Paul Ricard next week in the M3
    http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=2904&car=7
    I won’t practice again until race day, think I got the feel for it!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Yeah 2x tyre wear is interesting at times, but my experience is that usually people will go for 2x meds depending on race length. So it limits strategy during the race where pitstop is mandatory. Good thing is you can attack the entire race - so basically 60 min of pole laps.
    1:43:6 is really quick - congrats.

I've recently done a hotlap on the M3 too:

15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

:oops: Doh!

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Btw, you do still have a little time to improve and take it back - the gap is preeeeeetty tiny ;)

17. According to 365Games, my copy of ACC was dispatched yesterday evening....

18. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

soon.

19. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Biner
    4:16.531
    PC
    WHC183.png

First laps - thought I should post a time (before I run out of time) to fortify that part of the leaderboard where we mere mortals reside..lol! Also busy and having fun with another lady in red (F488GT3) in an AC Youtuber series however, I much prefer an old school car! Will try to get a few more WHC laps in later today. I've been advised by Lady Biner that I should not be taking up bandwidth for the rest of the morning as she is doing a virtual bike race (90km in approx. 3 hours!) as part of a virtual half Ironman triathlon today and she wants to ensure there are no internet disconnects while streaming:eek: !!

20. Respect to Lady Biner, @Biner !:)

P308R, Neilski and Biner like this.