1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 188 - A Sideways Superfast and a Spin in South Africa

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 18, 2020.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Cracking time :) !!

OT:
    In the meantime my Heusinkveld Sprint pedals arrived two days after I placed the order. Also, I added further parts to my new sim rig:
    Ascher B16M-SC ordered. Yes, I will sell my Fanatec gear and switch to DD from Simucube. Sadly, the Simucube 2 is sold out everywhere. I will have to wait one month to place an order.
    [​IMG]
    Will add a Porsche 911 GT3 rim to it. So it should look roughly like this:
    [​IMG]

Orderd a seat for my new sim rig - GT Omega RS9. Cannot beat the price of 170€. Was looking for a Sparco seat, but not worth double the money imo. Still have to decide between Sim Lab P1-X or GT1-Evo as a rig.
    [​IMG]

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

As MrGit said yesterday - simracing can be expensive :p

3. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

No can be, it is expensive! o_O

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Graveltrap - when i compare other hobbies i had or i have with simracing and then look at the costs per hour, here some numbers:

Geocaching (here are all caches done, we must drive with the car, 7l Diesel, only this costs) ~per hour 3€
    Running (new shoes are most expensive, shoes last ~ 1000km)~ per hour 2,5€
    Simracing (hours counted by steam all the stuff i've buyed last 3 1/2years, inkl. electricity costs ) < 1€ per hour

5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Yes it's expensive. But as sissydriver pointed out, the more you play the better it gets. Besides, still a lot cheaper than real racing. 1 set of softs - 1200€ - lasts 1hour. Yay.... So, an invest of 4-5k is ok considering the comparison that a good rig will last a bit.
    Besides, I am just sick of the Fanatec issues with cut ofs during driving.

6. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    10:31:575
    6Laps

GTR Hotstint.png

Hopefully I can get under 10:30 before tomorrow evening :cool:

7. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    10:26:754
    6Laps

GTR Hotstint.png

Well that took less time than I thought it would!!

The rest of the weekend is my own now :p

8. caly82

caly82 Simracer

[clap clap clap]
    Nice job man!!

I’ll try to do my best in the next 2h!

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@caly82 - there is time until tomorrow. :)

10. caly82

caly82 Simracer

I know...I have not time :confused:

11. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

@GoodGame.eXistenZ , nice equipment! Maybe one day I get to a fanatec .

Speaking of costs, I've been wondering about selling my 2nd car (a "collectible" alfa 156 2.0 TS, which I barely drive) and buy a proper sim rig. I've just changed the oil, just drove 500km in one year, if I do the math, it is certainly more expensive in a cost per hour comparison with a sim rig.

Besides, the main reason I don't practice sim racing as much as I would like is because I use the tv on the living room, which means a dispute with my wife for the tv -she always wins- and bringing my portable wheel and pedals rig back and forth.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

12. And, are you likely to ever have the chance to thrash a La Ferrari, then a P1, then a Maserati 250F, then an F2004 and then a ......., around the Nordschleife?
    Damage, tyres, fuel, brakes, free and everlasting?

Might as well get as close as you can get then.:)

Pretend racer, Peggy11 and Neilski like this.
  13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    SissyDriver
    6 Laps
    PC

whc 188 15.jpg
    whc 188 16.jpg

Finally a 1.41.xx lap - thats it for this week. So happy. :)

14. Morgoth924

Morgoth924 Racer

Morgoth924
    AC
    1:49:358
    PC

[​IMG]

Having a hard time controlling the car, but fun it is! Not much time this week...

15. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

ACC
    Graveltrap
    6 Laps
    10:15.444
    PC

So not much time to get good, and there is a shed load of learning going on, mainly about FFB and getting the wheel how I like, itys a little too light right now, but I am getting there.

I think the increased frames, clarity and FOV allow me to place the car better than I was able to on PS4, I am able to be more consistent because of this. I like the car and am surprised by its performance, it can get a bit of a slide on at times, but its great fun to drive! :)

Native 4K rocks :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: No clue on the settings but its looks fantastic!

I have not figured out how to capture video yet so screen shoots will have to do! Hopefully not to big....

whc_run5.png

whc_run5_2.png

16. Bojador

Bojador Gamer

ACC
    Bojador
    6 laps
    10:30.627
    PS4

I play with the DS4 and I have steering assist on btw. Also, I had damage set to zero.

Didn’t really had the time to practice much but at least I get to put my name on the board.
    The car felt really difficult to drive at first so I used the safe preset and adjust the break pads to 1 and changed the TC and ABS down to 4. Things improved when I actually changed the tire pressure. I’ve been practicing monza mostly and up until now I really didn’t feel the need to adjust the tire pressure. This is why this is great. To learn new tracks, cars and new things like the tire pressures making such a huge difference.

Excited for next week! Let’s go!

Attached Files:

17. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Xbox1

Last time on this combo, after 144 laps I started to understand some tricks. Could get a bit better, but I got tired for today.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

18. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

ACC
    Improvement
    Ueasy fox
    10:07.011
    XB1
    6L

Pretty happy with my run at this point.
    All my laps were between 41.5 - 40.8, which is still my PB.
    I'm pretty sure if I push any harder I can't nail down 6 in a row.

The Nissan doesn't like to be over revved, from what I can tell it loves flashing red a single time before popping it into the next gear. I used 6th gear on every lap, and used 3rd and 4th for some of the slower - midspeed corners.

Attached Files:

19. caly82

caly82 Simracer

ACC
    Improvement
    Caly82Race
    10.08:652
    XB1
    6L

000EC0A3-9F33-4301-9E2A-6E37B84F9AD4.jpeg

20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien