1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 189 – Lack of slack and a wet session with "The Old Lady" down the Hatch

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

I could be wrong but I believe the amount of options(numbers) varies from car to car.

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

AC
    SissyDriver
    PC

whc 189 AC 1.jpg
    AC is still alive :)

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Tony212 - yes - i only meant the information for the Aston V12. Its the first time i really look at the ECU maps. So take everything with a grain of salt from me ;)

4. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

So the obligatory Aris.Drives post when it comes to ACC.

TL DW Wet Setups - its a Lambo though... Note: ride height does not effect the Aston as dramatically as it doesn't generate much if any down force from the diffuser.

Full Stream, some stuff about dry and wet lines at around 1:27.30

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

A short declaration of love to the WHC - not individual egoists fight for victory, know-how is shared, help is provided here and has been for years. My deep respect to the organizers who invest time and love and ideas.
    And many thanks to the friendly participants here - you are awesome!!!!!

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

ACC
    Graveltrap
    10 Laps

run_1.jpg

run_1_splits.jpg

*Rain light on*

So you don't have to be that gentle with the old gal, when its slippery :po_O;)

First complete run, did a 10 minute free practice to get the tyre pressures about right, very inconsistent right now, when you have a moment it cost a lot of time! Something to note is the fuel load, be wary when you change maps if you have set it on the absolute limit! ;)

[edit]Wet Default / Map 5 / TCS 4 / ABS 7 [/edit]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  7. AC
    Total Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-7-27_15-50-2.png
    Medium slicks at recommended psi, but I noticed at the finish the left had side were deep orange and at 30 front and back.
    Having fiddled around, I wasn't able to beat my "shakedown" time.o_O
    The hard slicks work better overall, but you loose time at the start of the lap when the mediums are gripping and following the ghost surely costs you time/ is depressing!:)

8. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    HandyAndy1962
    2:31.022
    PC

I've never been round this track before and this is my first exploratory lap so there's room for plenty of improvement.

Attached Files:

9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Improvement
    ACC
    Graveltrap
    15:31.677
    PC

run_2.jpg

run_2_Splits.jpg

Oh my this car is epic, the noise as you run it up against the pit lane wall is just immense, and then she spits flames as you down shift!

I have the track set to fast (shows wet), I don't know if placebo but I think the track evolves over the coarse of the run, it seems to get quicker and quicker, note the step change on lap 4. I think whatever rubber was on the track is gone by then thus giving more grip on the racing line. Need to try a green track to see...

Replay and my base setup attached for those that are bored ;)

Attached Files:

10. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    HandyAndy1962
    2:17.557
    PC

Attached Files:

11. ***WHC 189 Standings***

The situation on Monday is...

Assetto Corsa
    BMW M235i Racing at Highlands Drift

1. Total Wrytoff - 2.12.379 PS4
    2. SissyDriver - 2.13.125 PC
    3. Rod100 - 2.15.301 XB1
    4. HandyAndy1962 - 2:17.557 PC
    5. Morgoth924 - 2:31:612 PC

... early days in AC...

Assetto Corsa Competizione
    AMR V12 Vantage GT3 at Brands Hatch

10 Laps
    1. Graveltrap - 15:31.677 PC
    2. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 15:35:811 PC
    3. SissyDriver - 15.45.699 PC
    4. Mike Reynolds - 15:50:610 PC
    5. Ueasy fox - 15.57.552 XB1
    6. Peggy11 -15:58:239 PC

...but quite unprecedented in ACC!!

@Graveltrap leads @GoodGame.eXistenZ by four seconds. This is the first time I can remember GoodGame not being at the top of the list! However, it is early days and as GoodGame said, it is a new event for him. Nonetheless, hats off, again, to @Graveltrap for his very tight session, very impressive indeed.
    The target is set.
    It is 15 mins 31.5 seconds or better, for glory.:)

12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Just wait he will put a lap on the field now you have said that!

13. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

Man 30 seconds. Yikes guys, well done.

I can shave 20, tops. (Idk we'll see how learning wet setups goes for me)

14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Nice time @Graveltrap. :cool:
    I tried TC settings 1-10 and they all feel the same.:confused: So what is the actual difference, or is my mind messing with me?
    And I too believe that the track has more grip towards the end. Is this true? I really can't tell.

Btw. now that I have tried hotstint, I would prefer 10 minutes. It keeps the spirit of the hotlapping idea.

15. :D:D:D

upload_2020-7-27_18-43-18.png

Attached Files:

16. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I seem to remember as lot of judder and no real forward movement at the higher settings, maybe you aren't heavy on the pedal and not activating it much?

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

That is what I would expect of course. Just 0 or off was really different. But maybe I used a heavy foot. :p
    I guess I will really have to put more time into ACC to understand it - AC is really more drive & go. :D

19. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Laughing Gravy
    10 Laps[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

20. Tony212

Tony212 Racer

The higher the TC setting, the quicker it engages and the slower you accelerate while it's engaged.

The easiest way is to watch for the yellow bar when it engages.

You're probably just so close to the right amount of throttle that you don't need it much.