1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 191 - 70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix Challenge and dusk, in the land

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Aug 8, 2020.

1. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Hotstint
    moodyryder
    8 laps
    ps4

20200813_211346.jpg 20200813_211306.jpg

2. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

AC
    Alexis_RS_MKII
    1:32:350
    PC

whc_191_2.png

First time on a recent F1... It is really hard because you feel like you did a very great time and then you realize how far you are from the best! :eek:
    Thanks to @Pretend racer for the setup that I use as-is :rolleyes:

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xbox1

Using mgu-k in balanced low, mgu-h in motor. I tried to set up a wheel button for every function, but in my case I started pushing the wrong ones and driving becomes messy. I suppose it's better to concentrate in only two buttons: DRS and KERS. I was losing grip on the rear in some turns, so I increased 1 click of rear wing, improved a lot.(over standard setup).

Too many buttons and to much speed for my brain. A lot to improve.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

@Neilski , my original text was not very clear.... but you got it right, I meant few buttons available on the wheel.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

After reading a lot bout ACC on console and on PC here is my current level of knowledge:
    PC has a big advantage through higher fps, simracers that have switched from console to pc report significantly better control of the cars, catching slides easier, feeling through ffb more detailed.
    There are issues that on some tracks it seems that console have different grip level and different high speeds.
    Console runs 1.3.7 and pc 1.5.4

For example: Lewis did 2.01.xx at suzuka - has he an advantage cause of console?
    Or is "BOP"ed with bad fps? ( i wish lewis is bopped - he is so freaking fast....:p:p:p)
    When i look at the usual gap between us its crystal clear - lewis is BOPed and its unfair cause normally he is MUCH faster than me.

tl;dr

the results of console and pc are not comparable in acc at the moment. I enjoy the challenge, but take the results with a grain of salt. More driving, less competition ;)

Tony212, Neilski, Rod100 and 2 others like this.
  6. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

The situation with ACC on the consoles is bizarre.

There seems to be a huge disparity in people's experiences.

Some have an absolutely unplayable mess. Some can get by in a compromised manner. Some others, a minority it seems, can play unhindered and enjoy it as it's meant to be.

I'm very lucky to say that I'm in this last category. I've used two different wheel systems and both have worked just fine: Thrustmaster T150 and now a Logitech G29.

The only issue with the T150 was mechanical with the pedals; nothing the fault of ACC.

I have a base ps4 and a Sony telly.

Fortunately it just works.

Even between different ps4 users there is variance. Poor old XB1 users seen to be drowning again.

It's a great shame as players are deserting the title in droves and slating Kunos as they walk out the door.

To be fair it seems most of them have genuine grievances. A few of them though will be fantasists who thought they were getting an exact duplicate of the pc version.

A.C. veterans knew that just was never going to happen.

Anyway, I hope the ACC section of the WHL continues. I really enjoyed trying to get to grips with Suzuka yesterday.

7. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Thanks @sissydriver

It could also be that you have improved lots too so maybe that could be why we have similar times.

What does Boped mean?

It is a shame that ACC is having problems on console but I think we always knew the game was going to be a challenge to port it to old gen consoles.

Maybe by the end of the year when next gen consoles come out it can be improved.

It’s the FPS that’s killing it, Suzuka seems to be one of the worst so far for me.
    As soon as you hit the first lot of S bends the game constantly stutters.

I’m still enjoying the game though in its current state so fingers crossed it can only get better in the future.

Also, I really hope one day we get options to adjust the seating position and FOV.

8. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

9. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Too hot for me to play racing games with the wheel, in fact it’s been too hot to sit in the bloody flat!

I am also distracted by the 488 Challenge Evolution that Ferrari just released for AC when it’s been cool enough to drive... My bad!

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Hotlap
    Sissydriver
    PC

whc 191 11jpg.jpg

struggling with heat. 8 good laps - phew cant bring it together atm, but 2.01.xx was the goal. :)
    now 16.1x.xxx - lets go!:cool:

11. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

ACC hotlap

Improvement
    Lewisxbone
    2:01.779 - X1X

[​IMG]

I did this yesterday but wasn’t gonna bother posting it with it only being a tenth quicker but sissydriver has become too fast now ha

12. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    improvement
    Sissydriver
    8Laps
    PC

whc 191 12jpg.jpg
    whc 191 13jpg.jpg

so close :confused:

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Sissydriver
    Improvement
    PC
    8Laps

whc 191 14jpg.jpg

whc 191 15jpg.jpg

Finally :)

14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Hotlap
    Sissydriver
    PC

whc 191 16jpg.jpg
    And now Aris stream, ACC evening :)

15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

2 seconds minimum this guy says is the difference between pc and console.

I won’t be selling my wheel and pedals now haha

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

jardier (one of the fastest aliens out there) did his overall best time at kyalami (1.38.xx) on console.
    take it with a grain of salt ;)

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

We know Kyalami is faster on Console, the car’s on were over 10km hour faster down the straight during the WHC compared to PC, they managed to use 6th gear, so no doubt that geezer was quicker there on console!

What we don’t know is what other tracks have a similar problem (I suspect Bathurst) or indeed if PC has an advantage anywhere.

It has to be looked at on a case by case basis, with exactly the same conditions, the WHC is great for this...

18. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

i am sure that at suzuka pc is faster - lewis is my reference, when i beat him something is wrong. ;)

Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  19. Without wanting to give anything away, it might be worth tuning into Eurosport for some tips on next week's ACC challenge.:)

Erm, excluding the weather!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    Neilski and sissydriver like this.
  20. ***WHC 191 Saturday standings***

AC - F1 70th Anniversary Tribute
    1. Lewisxbone - 1.28.862 X1X
    2. Pretend racer - 1.30.517 PC
    3. Mike Reynolds - 1.31.603 PC
    4. Neilski - 1.31.676 PC
    5. Alexis_RS_MKII - 1.32.350 PC
    6. Totall Wrytoff - 1.33.964 PS4
    7. Rod100 - 1.35.154 Xbox1
    8. Lady TW- 2.09.373 PS4

ACC - Bentley Continental GT3 at Suzuka
    Hotlap
    1. Sissydriver - 2.01.332 PC
    2. Lewisxbone -2.01.779 X1X
    3. Totall Wrytoff - 2.05.286 PS4

Hotstint - 8 Laps
    1. Sissydriver - 16.19.011 PC
    2. Moodyryder - 16.41.763 PS4
    3. HandyAndy1962 - 16.49.731 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 16.57.675 PS4

@Lewisxbone is in a galaxy of his own at Silverstone, with a Supernova-level lap of 1.28.8. @Pretend racer comes in with a tight and controlled 1.30, even though he suffered from the new syndrome, "Mercedes Tyre."
    @mike reynolds holds third place with his excellent opener, just ahead of admin's favourite googly, @Neilski ;):D

There's no doubt who the driver of the week is, unless something very freaky happens... @sissydriver has absolutely dominated over in Japan. Wow! There's talk of disparities between platforms, but the level of effort and perseverance is also clearly visible! @sissydriver is being slightly modest, his lead in the Hotstint is huge and even "Bopping" a couple of seconds to a lap, to be within 2 secs of @Lewisxbone around Suzuka is still mighty performance! But instead, he's a half second ahead and on the top step. Does Lewis have anything left in the tank? Ha! He always does!

Just over 24hrs till the flag drops..., this could be an epic, record busting week for @sissydriver , hold onto your seats!:)