1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 192 – Double Mint Twins… and a Psycho Pastel Falcon Stoops.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Aug 15, 2020.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

As I was looking for wheels recently I read "a lot" about braking materials with 3D printed shifters, hence why I went for the alloy pedals shifters from Ascher (or at least carbon). But otherwise I do have little experience with other stuff but Fanatec, so I know nothing :p. Expensive is often not better. I loved the P1 rim from Fanatec, but it is just terrible quality - and I really like the Thrustmaster wheels too, they look like to be a joy to use. Just cannot imagine any one of them withstanding 25NM.:eek: My P1-X will be shipped soon :) My room is already full with little presents :D The new buttonbox is really solid :)
    [​IMG]

So as for ACC. Yesterday I was running ADAC series at Spa in AC and dominated the race. Everything feels so easy. I was struggling heavily in ACC with the Mercedes. Never driven Spa in ACC before and the Mercedes either seems to under or oversteer. In addition it feels unstable in some parts, so I felt a bit lost. I know there is a lot more in there, some people doing 2:15:xxx, but I just need some time with ACC.
    ACC Hotlap
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    2:16:965
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@GoodGame.eXistenZ - this is ACC - depth of simulation is awesome and they nailed a lot of aspects, you can not compare it with AC.

Maybe Nils video can help you - he explains it very good and he is one of the fastest guys out there.

And your times show your potential. Congratulations - very nice to have such an awesome simracer like you here in the WHC. Its an honour! :):):)

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Rod100
    AC (Cayman S)

[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Rod100
    AC (boxter S PDK)

First run on the pdk. Besides the change from H shifter to paddles, the gears are shorter. Theoretically, the pdk accelerates faster due to shorter gears and quicker shifting. On the other hand, theoretically, the Cayman has better aerodynamics (less drag), possibly higher top speed. Does it make any sense? I didn't take any measurements.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The PDK transmission adds 30 kilos to the car, it would have been interesting comparing the two Boxsters (Same shell and different transmissions) , rather than the Cayman ;)

Spent an hour trying to go faster and failed, at least I know the round wheel still works!

6. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

ACC
    jo_siffert
    PC
    5Laps

20200821195527_1.jpg

Me and Spa in GT3 or GT2 is not really a Lovestory - to be honest, everything at Spa will never be a Lovestory - it never clicked with spa, don't know why. Maybe my first experience didn't help - i went as newbie on a ALOOG-Server some years ago, and the first thing i read in the chat was "what on earth are you doing jo!".

Greets Jo

7. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    Porsche Boxster S
    pc
    [​IMG]

pretend racer
    Porsche Cayman S
    pc
    [​IMG]

I started with the boxster and I was having trouble dealing with the understeer that suddenly becomes oversteer, I found it hard to balance the weight transfer of the car the way I wanted to. I ended up with full negative camber and a medium amount of toe. The front end felt much better but I was getting lift off oversteer. I figured that was because the front had too much grip now, so I lessened the neg camber on the front and the car felt much better balanced. After quite a few laps I was able to get into the 201's.

After switching to the Cayman, I pulled up a tune by Labbe for nurburgring. I corrected the psi and ran it. The cayman seemed to slide around a little more than the boxster, but it was more of a 4 wheel drift than the understeer/oversteer of the boxster. After a few laps I was able to smooth out my inputs and I put in a really quick lap. I was surprised at how much quicker I was in the cayman, so I went back to the boxster and tried the setup that I used in the Cayman. It didn't work...

I noticed that I was changing gears in slightly different spots on the track and I like the cayman better.

Attached Files:

8. Pretend racer

AC Mid week Standings

Boxster S
    1. GoodGame.eXsitenZ 2:00:447 PC
    2. pretend racer 2.01.741 PC
    3. Rod100 2.03.713 Xbox1
    4. Alexis_RS_MKII 2:03.864 PC
    5. Totall Wrytoff 2.04.127 PS4
    6. HandyAndy1962 2:07.588 PC

Cayman S
    1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 1:59:893 PC
    2. pretend racer 2.01.349 PC
    3. Graveltrap 2:01.892 PC
    4. Alexis_RS_MKII 2:03.321 PC
    5. Rod100 2.03.507 Xbox1
    6. Totall Wrytoff 2.04.338 PS4
    7. Peggy11 2:04:815 PC
    8. HandyAndy1962 2:06.559 PC
    9. moodyryder 2.06.662 ps4
    10. lemans86400 2.06.761 PS4

Seems like everyone prefers the cayman as there are more entries in that category. I realize it's vacation time right now and I hope everyone is enjoying the sun! Still a bit of time to jump up the leaderboard.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  9. Pretend racer

ACC Mid week Standings

ACC – Mercedes AMG GT3 at Spa Francochamps

HotStint ----

- 5 Laps
    1. jo_siffert 11.38.391 PC
    2. Sissydriver - 11.39.048 PC
    3. Total Wrytoff - 12.00.399 PS4
    4. HandyAndy1962 - 12:09.126 PC

Hotlap----

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 2:16:965 PC
    2. Lewsixbone - 2:17.901 X1X
    3. Sissydriver - 2.19.131 PC

The last week of summer is impacting our numbers - quick get a time in and you'll probably get a podium!

10. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

AC
    Improvement
    Alexis_RS_MKII
    Cayman S
    2:02:854
    PC
    whc_192_cayman_s.png

AC
    Alexis_RS_MKII
    Boxster
    2:03.479
    PC
    whc_192_boxster_s.png

11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Improvement
    AC
    Graveltrap
    Cayman S
    2:01.646
    PC

WHC_192_run_4.jpg

Taking onboard some of what @Pretend racer mentioned about the front end of the car, but rather than camber, I played with toe, I was running a fair bit of toe out and opted for a very small amount of toe in... I am heading in the right direction again. Shall have to try the setup later when I can face driving this horrid little car again ;)

12. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Peggy11
    ACC
    Hotstint
    11:57:252
    5 Laps
    PC

Merc GT3 Hotstint.png

This was my third attempt as I rather annoyingly binned it on the last lap of the first 2 attempts, costing me around 6 seconds each time :mad:

13. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Peggy11
    ACC
    Hotlap
    2:22:872
    PC

Merc GT3 Hotlap.png

Geez I'm slow compared to the other Hotlap entries :oops:

14. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Peggy11
    ACC
    Hotstint
    11:52:308
    5 Laps
    PC

Merc GT3 Hotstint.png

Improvement
    Peggy11
    ACC
    Hotlap
    2:22:113
    PC

Merc GT3 Hotlap.png

I'm not sure if I actually managed to go faster through improved skill/familiarity, or the wind being in the opposite direction from the previous attempt and 21km/h slower made the difference! :confused:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  15. Morgoth924

Morgoth924 Racer

AC
    Morgoth924
    Cayman
    2:18:733
    PC

[​IMG]

Not much time this week...

16. LeiF

LeiF Alien

ACC
    Hotstint
    Leif
    PC

upload_2020-8-22_15-18-27.png

upload_2020-8-22_15-19-42.png

Attached Files:

17. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Peggy11
    ACC
    Hotstint
    11:51:033
    5 Laps
    PC

Merc GT3 Hotstint.png

Improvement
    Peggy11
    ACC
    Hotlap
    2:21:678
    PC

Merc GT3 Hotlap.png

Slight improvement on both. The go before this I had a 67km/h tail wind down the Kemmel Straight which gave me an extra 6mph by the time I got to the braking point. However it also affected the braking point by making it quite noticeably earlier, and the car was also a lot more twitchy wherever there was a tailwind or cross wind. The overall outcome I was slightly slower over the Hotstint.

All makes sense I guess, I just didn't realise the game had implemented it so accurately :)

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Thank you man :)
    The thing is, of course I know how to drive Spa, of course I know how to drive the Mercedes - in my head everything works, just looking at the laptime makes your realize you are not connecting all the dots (luckily I am not too far off from Nils given the time invested here). It's a matter of practice, but surely I am having issues getting the feel for the car. Maybe it is my wheel settings for ACC, but I am not really feeling when the car gets into a slide - so this is problematic of course. When my rig is ready, there won't be any excuses for ACC anymore :D

19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Whoa, for real 67 km/h?? That's huge. I'm also a bit stunned that it only gives an extra 6 mph.

20. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Yep it was definitely 67km/h showing on the wind reading. It may have been a couple of mph more than 6 at the end of Kemmel but it’s difficult to look at the speedo and braking point simultaneously (for me at least). :D

Any advantage gained there though was more than negated through the rest of the lap either from the head wind, or the cross wind unsettling the car in the corners.