1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 194 – Grand Touring in the park

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Aug 29, 2020.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Not enough time to improve much more - three laps with low 1.49 are done several times :cool:
    and then - mistake and all is gone. :rolleyes:
    So that was it at the 'parco di monza' - definitly a track that deserves more attention - ginetta is not good here, so it will not happen in the near future ;)

Neilski, Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  2. The last 24hrs has seen a flurry of speed and Friday's leader board has been turned on it's head.
    Here is the latest:

*** WHC Saturday Standings ***

MONZA
    Assetto Corsa Hotlap – McLaren MP4 12C road and GT3 car

Combined

1st - F1415182235 3:47.846
    2nd - Pretend racer - 3:48.801 PC
    3rd - Alexis_RS_MKII - 3:48.884 PC
    4th - Peggy11 – 3.50.731 PC
    5th - Totall Wrytoff – 3.52.387 PS4
    6th - Rod100 – 3.53.523 Xbox1
    7th - Laughing Gravy – 3.55.108 PS4​

Road Car
    1. F1415182235 - 1:56.891 - X1
    2. Pretend racer - 1.57.413 PC
    3. Alexis_RS_MKII - 1.57.644 PC
    4. Peggy11 - 1:58:522PC
    5. Totall Wrytoff - 1.59.447 PS4
    6. Rod100 - 1.59.640 Xbox1
    7. lemans86400 - 2.00.518 PS4
    8. Laughing Gravy - 2.01.114 PS4
    Race Car
    1. F1415182235 - 1:50.955 - X1
    2. Alexis_RS_MKII - 1.51.240 PC
    3. Pretend racer - 1.51.388 PC
    4. Peggy11 - 1:51:578 PC
    5. Rod100 - 1.51.890 Xbox1
    6. TinPeach - 1:52.249 Xbox1X
    7. Totall Wrytoff - 1.52.633 PS4
    8. HandyAndy1962 - 1:52:949 PC
    9. Laughing Gravy - 1.53.994 PS4

Boom!!
    @F1415182235 is back with a sonic boom! He likes a bit of aero but that is a stunning set of laps. 1min 56 and 1min 50 is new territory and it takes him up to 1st place in the Combined, with a second to spare.
    @Pretend racer arrived just before with a pair of peaches and must have been feeling good, but with F1's intercept and a very serious challenge from @Alexis_RS_MKII, he's holding second place in the Combined... by about 800ths! But we all know he's not really a fan of GT3 and not really a fan of Monza, and he's always excellent!
    @Alexis_RS_MKII has had a special coffee this morning! Wow. Another pair of peaches! (http://www.idioms4you.com/complete-idioms/a-peach.html) Great effort and third place overall!

Meanwhile the rest of us are all down three places! Come on there's time to be had!

Assetto Corsa Competizione 15 mins Hotstint - BMW M6 GT3

9 laps
    1. LeiF - 16.26.940 PC
    2. Mike Reynolds - 16.28.296 PC
    3. Sissydriver - 16:33.174 PC
    4. Peggy11 - 16:34:719 PC

8 Laps
    5. Totall Wrytoff - 15.01.688 PS4

@sissydriver arrives and dramatically improves over couple of attempts to step up onto the podium. (His rightful place in ACC!!:D)

@LeiF 's challenge is excellent. I've had more goes on this than any previous. But our new version on Console is stubbornly slower, I think by nearly a second a lap around Monza.
    But, for those who've yet to try, the BM is rewarding and Monza works OK on console, (except for @TinPeach.)

LeiF has been sitting too comfortably all week, come on, who's challenging him @mike reynolds ?:D

Just over 24hrs until the flag....

***WHC ADMIN SURVEY****

WHCs are run at 26Degrees C.
    How about shifting this to 10DegC, so we can match the fastest possible times?

Please give your feedback.

3. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    MP4-12C
    Peggy11
    1:58:130
    PC

OculusScreenshot1599309439.jpeg

Though I'd have a go in VR as it couldn't do any harm, and it didn't! To be fair it didn't do a massive amount of good either, but every little helps ;)

I'm quicker with TC off, but it's such a fine balancing act between getting just the right amount of throttle out of the chicanes and corners to accelerate quick enough and getting slightly too much and ending up looking the other way.

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    16:27:126
    9 Laps
    PC

ACC BMW Monza1.PNG

5. Ooooooh! That's ridiculously close!
    Great post Mike!:)
    Two tenths.., after sixteen minutes?:D

That prompts a couple of thoughts:
    1. @LeiF is slightly less comfortable.
    2. The final day is set up nicely.

LeiF, Peggy11 and Neilski like this.
  6. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Road car
    Neilski
    PC
    Didn't do a heck of a lot of laps, but not quite sure what I'd need to change to improve on this - the car feels veeeerrryyy ponderous for such a quick beast. And of course with so little grip and so much power I was having to brake outrageously early for every corner (getting the braking points even vaguely right took more laps than usual!).
    upload_2020-9-5_17-12-44.png

7. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Race car
    Neilski
    PC
    This was certainly more fun, but gosh there are far too many knobs to twiddle on the setup. I also seem to be relatively slower (compared to everyone else) in this one... :confused:
    At least the tyres weren't ruined after just one or two laps though - made it easier to get into a rhythm.
    upload_2020-9-5_17-17-41.png

8. Neilski

Neilski Alien

And.... for anyone curious about how the road car performs on slick tyres: I did a wee bit of testing.
    It feels (and is) quite a lot quicker, even though the braking points weren't dramatically later and the suspension still feels like you're driving a Silver Spirit!
    It handles the turns massively better and lets you get more power down on the slower exits...
    End result: a little over 5 seconds per lap quicker than the semi-slicks :)
    Thus, not quite enough to beat the race car, but close enough that it might be fun to race them against each other :D:D

Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  9. Impressed by your experience there @Neilski
    Do you mean one of these...
    upload_2020-9-5_17-43-39.png

Or, is this more you?
    upload_2020-9-5_17-45-18.png
    :D

Thanks for answering the question though, neck and neck.

Rod100, Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

GoodGame.eXistenZ
    AC Road
    PC
    1:55:840

[​IMG]

Video:

So, guys - it`s done. My P1X rig has arrived three days ago and I spent the last 1.5 to build this monster :D.
    It was a blast building this thing. I really undersetimated the flexibility of such 80/20 rigs. The pedal tray was a bit tricky to get in right. And the most time consuming part was probably getting all the positions right where I would feel comfortable. So lots of readjusting. But this thing is stable - really stable. My M8 GTE replica wheel has not arrived, so I am driving the Ascher button box with the Porsche GT3 rim. And boy it feels like I have to learn how to drive again. The DD really is super sensitive and direct - awesome. The Sprint pedals take some time getting used to and I will have to agjust brake and clutch travel in order to feel good. The clutch travel is too long per default and the brake travel is too little, which makes small adjustments really difficult. Overall I am pleased. I still have lots of cable work to do. My girlfirend on the other side is not sooo happy :D.
    [​IMG]

11. @GoodGame.eXistenZ

Waaow!
    That's what we're all aiming for.

(Gearstick is on the wrong side):rolleyes:

In position it actually looks much more compact than the promo pic you posted.
    Tell the GF that!
    And, if she's very, very good, she can have a quick go!:D

12. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Well I had a couple more goes at the ACC Hotstint and failed to improve. Then had about another hour on the AC Hotlap with the GT3 car, and failed to improve (there's a pattern emerging here if anybody can spot it) :(

I'm taking it as a sign from the sim gods that I have done all I can for these challenges.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ very nice rig, and very nice time as well :eek:

13. Neilski

Neilski Alien

ROFL - lovely boat! And they probably handle about the same ;):p
    I did once ride in a Roller, but I've never been behind the wheel of one...

Totall Wrytoff and Peggy11 like this.
  14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

I am just a compact person :D :p
    She is actually wanting to test the rig :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Neilski, Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  15. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Now to the GT3 McLaren - as far as I know it is the slowest of the GT3 cars.

AC Race
    GoodGame.eXsitenZ
    PC
    1:48:946

I wanted to upload the video of my lap on 10° (almost 1:47) but the demo is corrupted.

[​IMG]

16. mike reynolds

Improvement
    ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    16:26:088
    9 Laps
    PC

A quick custom paint job and I find another second :) I really like Monza, such a challenging track in that any mistake is so costly...and there's too much time to think about all the different ways you might F### up the next corner as you're approaching it!

Nice rig @GoodGame.eXistenZ ...not so different to mine...Think I'm about to order some Sprints...have Fanatec CSW V3's at the moment so be interested in your feedback

ACC BMW Monza1.PNG

ACC BMW Monza2.PNG

17. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    BMW M6 GT3
    Rod100
    8L 15.45.111
    Xbox1

I decided to give a try on the recently upgraded ACC, version 1.5.4. At least for me, no more video freezing for couple of seconds. On the other hand, playability is still hard, the dash board occupies half of the screen and outside view looks super zoomed out, looks like driving a train on tracks, hard to find the lateral boundaries of the track, based on visual cues. Added a last picture just to show you how bad looks.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

18. mike reynolds

AC
    Race car
    Mike Reynolds
    PC

Quick blast on AC just to see how the other half live!

AC McClaren Monza1.PNG

19. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Road Car
    moodyryder
    ps4

20200905_221942.jpg

Race car

20200905_221920.jpg

I prefer the road car. The racing car took a lot of getting used to after using the other.

I didn't give the racer much time. I thought I might as well play ACC for a GT3.

It took me a good few laps to get the road car under 2 minutes. Once I had that, I was happy and went over to Competizione.

ACC

9 laps

20200905_221852.jpg

This one was all about trying to qualify for a ninth lap. I tried it before going out and missed by 0.7s over 15 minutes.

On returning I tried again. Stiffening the front suspension had seemed to make braking into the chicanes easier and later. So I went max on the front springs and tried again.

To qualify it needs laps averaging 1m52.5s.

At 4 laps complete I'm 0.189s over par but still very much in with a chance.

Lap 6 is a bit smelly but 7 & 8 are 52 flat and I'm through with just 1.1s to spare after lap 8.

I'm happy then. I know I can't get near the other players so cruise round the last lap 2s slower.

Great challenge. Tough work for me but pleased to make the full distance.

20. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

F1415182235 - X1
    Improvement - Race Car - 1:50.783
    [​IMG]
    I stiffened the front springs and set rear roll bar to 0, and I changed the brake bias to something else I don't remember I'm drunk