1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 195 – Insanity in Italy and trepidation at Terlamen

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:23:127
    PC

F138 Hotlap.png

That surprised me......... a lot! :confused:

2. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-11_21-29-55.png
    La mia rapida risposta, my good friend.:D

Actually, like @Peggy11 , I was a bit startled to see this time.
    I really hooked it up through Materassi and Borgo, like @F1415182235 , having seen how the big boys do it.
    I was behind my ghost until Casanova. Worth pushing on. Keep the faith!

3. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:21:788
    PC

F138 Hotlap.png

It's finally starting to click, my brain is almost keeping up with the car! As @Totall Wrytoff said, Keep the Faith.

That'll do for tonight I need to recuperate after all of that :D

4. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-11_23-13-4.png
    I thought this would do it!
    Dark horse @Peggy11 has shifted the goalposts ridiculously and temporarily stolen MY P2!:D

5. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-11_23-43-30.png
    The further you go, the faster you get!

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

LOL, this ACC challenge is HARD
    So far after 3 attempts I've only managed to get as far as the chicane (but still in 1st) before I lost the car. The problem if you let them pass you, is then you can't see from the spray!
    Fourth go, I completed the first lap very sketchily indeed, and had almost a second gap to 2nd place but then stacked it into T1 of lap 2, tyres were under psi so corrected that and now a moment to compose myself before another go :)

7. A win would be deeply impressive @LeiF :)

Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  8. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yeah, not sure if I’ll get round to try again, discovered that I now need to practice doing 2 hours on a set of tyres in the BMW, racing again 8h at Laguna in one weeks time but only six sets of tyres available :eek:

Totall Wrytoff, Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  9. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:21:705
    PC

F138 Hotlap.png

I wanted to have another go in VR, apart from the fact it's mental in this car compared to pancake mode, also because yesterday evening I was 2.5 seconds quicker pretty much as soon as I stopped using VR. I was hoping that it was just me and not software / hardware related.

I managed (after many, many attempts) to improve on my best time by a huge 8 hundredths of a second, so it was just me being rubbish yesterday which is a relief. :D

Anyway I absolutely wrung the neck of the car on the lap and my eyes were genuinely on stalks. I salute the guys doing it for real this weekend.

10. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Neilski
    PC
    Wow, what a wild ride! Like @Peggy11 says, it really feels like you're wringing the neck of it - stupid amounts of grip and I kept realising that there were a few more tenths to be had by going still faster through corners. Bananas, and even more crazy to realise that I'm still almost 3 seconds off the best RSR time! :eek:o_O
    This lap was on supersofts, which overheat like crazy, but I still managed to be nearly half a second quicker than my best time on the softs. (To be fair, I'm still learning the lines, so I'm not even a little bit sure that the supers are a good idea! :D:D) As usual, I was totally bewildered by the number of setup knobs to twiddle, and I played with a bunch of them with no real rationale or indeed feeling for whether or not they helped me go faster...
    I may be able to have another go before the flag drops (might even try the thoroughly insane ACC challenge ;):p:D).
    upload_2020-9-12_18-43-20.png

11. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

I tried a couple of setups but I couldn't get the right feeling for the car. Also, I'm not sure how to use the DRS or kers properly so I just pressed the button on the straights. If I can find more time I'll have another go.

12. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

damn you!!! I wasn't going to have another go :)

I am NEVER driving this horrible car again, nor racing against the Artificial Idiots.

ACC
    Leif
    PC

upload_2020-9-12_19-32-23.png

Peggy11, Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  14. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Laughing Gravy
    3 Laps
    PS4
    [​IMG]
    I managed to avoid hydroplaning in the river on on the approach to JohanRindtbocht. The knob in the Merc who spun me around was a different story.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Neilski, Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  15. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

Here's the lap:

I want to improve but I'm not really feeling it.

16. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

improvement

ACC
    moodyryder
    3 laps

ps4

20200913_091036.jpg

In typically hypocritical style having said I wouldn't try again; I tried again.

I tried it on an optimum track as opposed to green.

I knew this would slow me a bit but more importantly I hoped it might burden the AI a bit as well.

The lead car passed me at T1 so I didn't hinder it much, but it's race time was 5s slower than before.

The red AMG was no way near as aggressive as before and didn't hit me at all, despite my snail pace.

There was a big run off at the last chicane which should have been penalised but the game let me go.

I'll consider it payback for the abuse suffered last time. :)

---

I was ready to dislike Zolder. I can remember my father being very upset when telling me about Gilles Villeneuve's accident.

As it is I've enjoyed playing the track on ACC very much, although with slightly more forgiving settings than here.

One of GV's most famous wins was in Spain '81 when he managed to keep his Ferrari battleship ahead of a gang of faster cars lined up behind him.

The gang of five I think they called it.

Well, here I am with a gang of 17. It's not the car that's the problem here though :).

1000th Ferrari GP today. Villeneuve didn't do too many of them. Didn't win that many. Ex drivers who raced him though say he was the best of the generation. One of the best ever.

I don't know. I was just a kid with a toy Ferrari. #27.

17. Wow! Brilliant!
    What a first sector!
    Turns 2 - 6 are a joy to watch. Great momentum.
    Very nice one @F1415182235

Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  18. Into the final day, quite a bit of movement, here is where we are:

**WHC 195 – Sunday Status **

Assetto Corsa - Ferrari F138 at Mugello

1. F1415182235 – 1.19.888 X1
    2. Neilski - 1.20.237 PC
    3. Peggy11 – 1.21.705 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 1.21.990 PS4
    5. Pretend racer - 1.21.995 PC
    6. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 1.23.334 Xbox
    7. lemans86400 - 1.24.451 PS4
    8. Mike Reynolds - 1.24.733 PC
    9. Laughing Gravy - 1.25.215 PS4
    10. Rod100 - 1.25.639 Xbox1

Assetto Corsa Competitzione – Audi R8 LMS at Zolder

3 Laps
    1. Leif - 5.29.309 PC
    2. Mike Reynolds - 5.34.238 PC
    3. Moodyryder - 5.47.195 PS4
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 5.53.738 PS4
    5. Laughing Gravy - 6.37.529 PS4

Laughing Gravy, Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  19. lemans86400

lemans86400 Racer

Improvement
    AC
    lemans86400
    PS4
    whl_195-3.jpg

20. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer