1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 2.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by John Gordon, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I know... but i like to have the P next to my name on RSR :( i've made a badge that says pro on it and everything, i wear it around the house for hours after a hotlap attempt!

if anything 25c is probably better, my front left was overheating a little bit and the car would be ever so slightly faster on the straights with 25c :D like i said IDM if the time is DQ.

2. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

We decided some time ago that all platforms are welcome - with one provision - that they identify the platform they are on when putting up the screenshot or video.... same for everyone:)
    I have always preferred to race against those who are quicker - you have to push harder ......;)
    I know it's a cliche but I feel on this thread, its more about participation than 1st place....
    Bring it on big boys - it'll feel sooooo:D good if we can challenge you at some point......

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

ok, i cant edit my post anymore so i will repost

EMW SMILER likes this.
  4. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Hi guys,

Thus is sort of OT but maybe someone can help.

I'm on the Xbox with a G920 wheel.

With for instance the ruff I have less than an inch movement on the brake pedal before locking the wheels, so probably around 20% of the brake travel.

Is there his normal?

Cheers

Bob

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Repost?
    Andy, you where prompted to re-drive...

paul_wev, EMW SMILER and Andy-R like this.
  6. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

turn factory ABS on :)

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Imagine going FULL speed, does your braking only require an inch of braking?

8. EMW SMILER

Don't know if this works - he sounds confident though...:)

Rob capewell likes this.
  9. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

I've got thrustmaster t3pa pedals and I've tried all sorts of foam/rubber/ squash balls even springs behind the pedals to try and get a good feeling from it. You might want to experiment a bit ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EMW SMILER and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

@andy-riches do you mind sharing what setup you used as far as tire pressure go? We are kinda flying blind when it comes to tire temps on the console.

EMW SMILER, Ace Pumpkin and paul_wev like this.
  11. ElPueblo

ElPueblo Hardcore Simmer

;)

1:38:436
    [​IMG]

12. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

That's for wimps!

What in AC or real life?

I will give it a go.

I actually took the rubber out of the brake for AC when it first came out, but with the 1.0.3 release the brakes totally changed for me, I'm not sure if it says "oh its a G920 only give em an inch of brake movement then no one will complain on the forum that they can't brake fully"

Kubr0, EMW SMILER and paul_wev like this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

FL-25 FR-26 RL-28 RR-29 im not great with setups but that was close to optimal pressure... when doing a lap or 2 and then restarting anyway :p
    Aero F-0 R-0 - i loaded an old setup and didnt test any other aero settings but this is what i used.
    max front neg camber rear camber pretty much equal to the front in live values

there in lies your problem. i didnt use factory ABS in AC initially either but TBH it's kinda pointless and a bit silly not to. some cars with ABS are fun without but it is mostly cars with adjustable brake bias. you cant turn the ABS off in most modern cars and the brake bias is very far forward... turn factory ABS on or accept that you will have to be very very gentle with your pedal in modern road cars

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Orne, Tomcul, HavanaB0B and 3 others like this.
  14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This is the one to go with Thrustmaster 3 Pedal Set.
    http://www.basherboards.com/T500RS-BMK

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Welp, your sim racing brake set, Dude...

16. EMW SMILER

[​IMG]

paul_wev likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Gosh, get a Squash ball!

paul_wev likes this.
  18. EMW SMILER

Just a refresher on this to bring it to the attention of any new pilots....:)

John or GT - could the link to this be included in the next OP? along with the other one/s

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  19. EMW SMILER

20. This thread is cool. Even I dont have time to do more laps I am trying to follow every message. Did never have such motivating hotlapping experience with former racing games/sims. Go on guys!