1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 205 – Hotstints

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 5, 2020.

1. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

AC
    Sissydriver
    Improvement
    PC

WHC205_AC_2.jpg

Enough AC - must do Lambo at Imola - so much to learn at this little Nurburgring ;)

2. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

3. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-12-9_22-54-55.png
    Maybe a few seconds still out there, but to get within 10 secs of @GoodGame.eXistenZ will take some serious and high level polishing.:D

4. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

10 mins Hotlap
    DriverModFTW
    9:51.451
    PC

upload_2020-12-9_20-16-29.png

5. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the gas and clutch around?

I got my CSL Elite wheel installed and im using my T-LCM pedals with drivehub.

My pedals are inverted but since i no longer have the t300 base i cant just flip the switch on the base to inverted mode.

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  6. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    HandyAndy1962
    10:17.891
    PC

Attached Files:

7. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

I have to say that I've also enjoyed this challenge & the car is fun to drive even if I do currently have the slowest time.

8. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Here you go:

My Nordschleife skills are a bit rusty atm - not much driving there recently

Neilski, Rod100, Peggy11 and 2 others like this.
  9. Thanks for posting @GoodGame.eXistenZ !
    Very smooth indeed. I can see where I'm losing huge chunks of time.
    Lovely light, what time of day?
    Looks like you got up very early in the morning.:)

Neilski, Rod100 and Peggy11 like this.
  10. WHC 205 -
    "Times on the tracks"

Assetto Corsa Hotlap:
    Nissan GT-R Skyline R34 V Spec at the Nordschleife Endurance Cup

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 9:36:806 PC
    2. DriverModFTW - 9:51.451 PC
    3. Totall Wrytoff - 9.58.629 PS4
    4. Sissydriver - 10.01.572 PC
    5. Rod100 - 10.09.306 Xb1
    6. Laughing Gravy - 10.12.649 PS4
    7. HandyAndy1962 - 10:17.891 PC

Now that @GoodGame.eXistenZ has shown us how to monster the Nordschleife we can all go back and wipe at least 10 secs off our lap times! Delightful to watch!
    Welcome back @DriverModFTW ! Good to see you, and I presume the weather has now consigned the bike to the garage.
    Thanks for the compliments on the challenge this week, it's high octane fuel in the tank for me!

Assetto Corsa Competizione 10 min Hotstint:
    Lamborghini Huracan ST at Zandvoort

6 Laps

1. Sissydriver - 10.08.922 PC
    2. Mike Reynolds - 10.12:792 PC
    3. Peggy11 - 10:17:061 PC
    4. SlowGrayAudi - 10:19.758 PS4

It's a big "CALL FOR ENTRIES!"

ACC is very quiet this week.
    However, even though he has spent a chunk of time on AC this week, @sissydriver has also tamed the bull at Zandvoort and has a decent advantage over challenge setter @mike reynolds. It could all change though...
    Sympathies go out to @SlowGrayAudi ! A nasty sounding "crick" - hope that's on the mend - and an even nastier sounding, hardware compatibility issue. I suggest throwing money at the problem...a set of Clubsport 3 pedals would solve it. :)

11. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Just SOL with seasonal track changes : )

Totall Wrytoff and Peggy11 like this.
  12. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I managed to fix the pedal issue!

I was watching barry's video review of the pedals from the sim racing garage. I noticed the board had a plug from each pedal going into it. So i opened up my pedals and swapped connectors going into the board from the gas and clutch.

Both pedal plugs had the same amount of wires and they were all in the same order.

Lucky me if worked!

So nowt the pedals work inverted!

13. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

I've watched some videos on this channel (sim racing garage), they go really deep into their hardware reviews.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

14. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-12-11_20-32-19.png
    Slightly disappointed. A gain of just under one second.
    The Nords is so special; Mental effort. I find, on a hot lap, the required concentration starts to become intense, just around Hohe Acht, and just when the track gets absolutely treacherous!

15. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-12-11_21-38-32.png
    Only three secs to catch @DriverModFTW for P2 now.
    Reckon it's on.:)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  16. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-12-11_23-0-33.png
    Shall we do this one again next week?

17. GoodGame.eXistenZ

The more experience you have the less likely you are getting stressed when you are on a fast lap. When put yourself under pressure too much or start to overthink your next corners you will start to make mistakes. Experience helps you to stay relaxed and focus on your previous errors a lot better during a good lap. That is why I like to practice for important events, like you would turn on a computer... Easier said then done eh ?:D

Rod100, Peggy11 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  18. As I've discovered!
    But the Nissan has quite a different manner to other cars so, I'm having to feel my way into the corners as if fresh to the track.
    Your vid (although quite dark and my FOV is completely different:)) is hugely helpful!

Rod100 and Peggy11 like this.
  19. Oh yes indeed!:D

Rod100 and Peggy11 like this.
  20. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Yes, the R34 is in fact unique in AC. It allows you to be on the throttle so early, you would not expect it without trying. Turn in understeer is a bit of an issue though.

I usually run fixed on board (the one wirhout the wheel) at FOV 33, so really close to the hood, but this gives me the best focus on the corners. I started with FOV 60 years ago...could not go back to this setting *shivers*.

Rod100, Peggy11 and Laughing Gravy like this.