1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 206 – American Brands

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 12, 2020.

1. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

I chose the aggressive setup & I think I increased the abs to 3. I also reduced the brake force down to 90%. The brakes were locking at 100% pressure when I braked hard so at 90% I was braking a bit earlier & more gradually. I’ve found that with the GT4 cars I can brake hard and not have any problems with some while others lock up with hard braking. Must be my braking technique.

Totall Wrytoff, Peggy11 and Rod100 like this.
  2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC206_ACC_2.jpg

@HandyAndy1962 - did some tests, struggling to lock with ABS at 2 - what pressures do you have? GT4 needs 26.3- 27.2. Since 1.6 Update they are more pressure sensitive.

The braking technique in ACC is digital - brake or not. Slam the damn pedal to the floor (thats how it works, the real drivers do it too, all electric tric ^^)

Totall Wrytoff and Peggy11 like this.
  3. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-12-14_21-23-5.png
    Took quite a few runs on the Super-softs before I switched to the Softs and went faster straight off!
    Shortened gears, more rear diff, sorted tyre pressures... No idea if fiddling with springs, height and dampers might improve. Turn in is good but I could do with some more mid-corner grip. As ever.

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I'm OK with using practice mode with all other parameters the same. Hotlap resets the tyres (not sure about brakes/track etc) at the beginning of each lap which can make set up and getting the tyres in the right place tricky, practice will allow you to manage the tyres a little more as intended by the game. So as far as I'm concerned practice mode is good as long as:

a) it's a valid lap
    b) you state you were in practice mode - that way if it transpires there is an apparent advantage, we can all get to try it!

I think the track may change more in practice mode with the ambient conditions, but lets try it and see.

Ok with everyone?

5. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Rod100
    Xb1

Reduced gear ratio. Higher aero settings may be good, still not sure.

TW, were you faster with softs? That was because you nailed the lap or due to tire performance? [​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  6. Hmmm - bit of a fluke... you think too much of me!!

In fact, I couldn't get the Supersoft pressures right (through lack of effort,) front left in particular was cooking by the end of the lap.
    I'll have a longer practice to see if I can get the SSfts dialled in.

I didn't feel as though I really nailed the lap either.
    Surtees and mid sector was a bit clumsy, more practice needed, hoping for a big chunk of improvement.

Hope that helps.;)

Sleep well!:D

Rod100, Peggy11 and sissydriver like this.
  7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Back home from vacation. Still a little sore in the lower neck/upper back but its getting better.

Hopefully i can get some laps in this week. No work until Friday so lots of time to be lazy

8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    XSX
    A quick 4 laps before my arms get too sore - good start for me!

Attached Files:

9. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Never run more than one lap with SS. Hotlap session > start > do a lap > restart session and go again. Softs are not faster, especially not at 10°. At 26° ambient we could start a discussion about performance due to wear...

10. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

I had the correct brake bias, ran abs at 2 but the brakes locked if I hit the pedal hard. I tried changing the brake pressure in game and on my wheel but whatever I try they still lock. I have no problem with any of the GT3 cars and I'm fine with a few of the GT4's but for the majority of them I have brake locking problems. I watch quite a few of Aris's videos but if I try to brake at the same point that he does I go sailing past the corner and have to brake quite a bit earlier in order to make it.

11. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:36.783
    PS4
    20201215_134048.jpg 20201215_134057.jpg

12. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:35.133
    PS4
    20201215_135509.jpg

13. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    F1415182235
    1:22.658 - X1
    [​IMG]

14. SlowGrayAudi

I might have to change my camera view. I hate the Camaros visibility. Ive driven them in real life and they are terrible to look out of.

15. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:23:810
    PC

CR7 Hotlap.png

Realised I had only done runs on the medium compound, so I switched over to the soft, went quicker and that's that :)

16. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

@Peggy11 Supersofts are even faster

EDIT: left tires at 17 psi, right tires at 19 psi
    Rear ARB at 4

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Totall Wrytoff, Peggy11 and Rod100 like this.
  17. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:24:740
    PC

Curiosity satisfied.....

AC Corvette Brands.PNG

18. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:35.061
    PS4

I absolutely hate that we can't change the fov and camera position on the ps4. The Camaros visibility is trash. 20201215_180039.jpg

Neilski, Totall Wrytoff and Peggy11 like this.
  19. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:25.964
    PS4

20201215_182645.jpg

Neilski, Totall Wrytoff and Peggy11 like this.
  20. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:25.030
    PS4
    20201215_183222.jpg