1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 206 – American Brands

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

I'll give it a try and see what happens ;)

sissydriver and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  2. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I know what you mean, it’s the same on Xbox.

I flip between dash and bonnet depending on the car. Things like the Fez and McLaren are fine in dashboard, but then cars like the Camaro, or even worse the BMW GT3, have to be driven in bonnet cam. That’s not so bad hotlapping, it’s more of a shame for immersion when you are racing, especially if you have variable weather on. But hey, we’re still long way to go on improvements hopefully, and even just the seating position adjustment would be massively appreciated.

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

On soft tires, as they are more consistent to compensate my inconsistency (or incompetence).[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:34.248
    PS4

20201217_143106.jpg

5. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Minor improvement
    AC
    Rod100
    Xb1[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

6. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    HandyAndy1962
    1:34.749
    PC

I've finally found out why my brakes were locking all the time. Although the aggressive setup was showing ABS as being on 2 I suddenly noticed that in the car it was showing as being turned off so as soon as I changed it to 2 inside the car all the locking stopped. Not sure why it should be off in the car but at least I've finally solved the mystery of the locking brakes.

Attached Files:

7. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Greetings Earthlings and Aliens.Is there anyone here getting a PS5,I would love to know how ACC performs.I've just bought ACC for PS4 to try and get back into it.Nice to see new old and new folk here and some have been promoted to Aliens,nice;)

Peggy11, Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  8. Just reporting in: No improvement, despite trying hard and I'm not gaining any time using the Supersofts. In fact I'm about 1 to 1.5 secs slower.....o_O
    Across the course of the week, I've gone slower and slower! Trying too hard perhaps, but it's frustrating not to be able to match a time set in early laps!!:p
    So, @Rod100 , yes... obviously it was because I just nailed it!:D

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Rod100, Peggy11 and Neilski like this.
  9. Weekly Hotlap Challenge 206 at Brands Hatch
    Saturday Standings

Assetto Corsa Hotlap:
    Chevrolet Corvette C7R

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:21:171 PC
    2. F1415182235 - 1:22.658 X1
    3. Peggy11 - 1:23:810 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 1.24.202 PS4
    5. Rod100 - 1.24.365 Xb1
    6. Sissydriver - 1.24.680 PC
    7. Mike Reynolds - 1:24:740 PC
    8. SlowGrayAudi - 1:25.030 PS4

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap:
    Chevrolet Camaro GT4R

1. Mike Reynolds - 1.32.607 PC
    2. Sissydriver - 1.32.775 PC
    3. Peggy11 - 1:32:877 PC
    4. TinPeach - 1.33.552 XSX
    5. SlowGrayAudi - 1:34.248PS4
    6. HandyAndy1962 - 1:34.749 PC

Apologies for the lack of admin this week. The effort has gone into cooking up the Christmas challenge, to be served at 6pm this evening.

Rod100, Peggy11 and Neilski like this.
  10. Good to see you @365gt !
    How are you finding ACC compared to AC?

No idea about the PS5, but according to @TinPeach and @Lewisxbone it works miles better on the new Xbox, so I would imagine it will be the same for PS5.

Neilski and Lewisxbone like this.
  11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Hi 365gt,
    I know a few people that have ACC on PS5. Whilst the new box can’t improve the game itself - I.e. added features, higher res, it does play the PS4 version at an absolutely locked 60fps - not a single deviation. So it is much nicer to play, but also feels much more responsive. But it is still the same game, just silky smooth.

12. SlowGrayAudi

Im working all weekend so hopefully one evening i can get some laps in. Loving the new Fanatec CSL wheel base. Just order myself the V2 McLaren rim, but it got sold out and mine is shipping on January 20th. Guess I'll have to wait

Rod100, Neilski and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  13. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]

Nice combo TW. Only problem I'm having is mapping the Drink button to my wheel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

14. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]
    The proper pronunciation of Camaro is the most important question scholars have debated since Chico Marx asked "why a duck?".

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC
    Neilski
    PC
    I was really strugging with this for a while - just couldn't figure it out. It slowly came together and I was finding multiple tenths all over the place. There are still loads more tenths to be found, littered all over the track (as if GG's time doesn't tell that story), but as always I'm not consistent enough. There are several corners on this track that I've nearly really felt I understood... maybe one day.
    Was convinced for a while that I'd squeak into the high 22s but nope, too scruffy.
    upload_2020-12-20_17-28-40.png

16. upload_2020-12-20_18-7-18.png
    Here’s the chequered flag for 2020!
    And here are the final results and a special award, WHC Driver Of The Year.

Results
    Weekly Hotlap Challenge 206 at Brands Hatch

Assetto Corsa Hotlap:
    Chevrolet Corvette C7R

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:21:171 PC
    2. F1415182235 - 1:22.658 X1
    3. Neilski - 1.23.170 PC
    4. Peggy11 - 1:23:810 PC
    5. Totall Wrytoff - 1.24.202 PS4
    6. Rod100 - 1.24.365 Xb1
    7. Sissydriver - 1.24.680 PC
    8. Mike Reynolds - 1:24:740 PC
    9. SlowGrayAudi - 1:25.030 PS4
    10. Laughing Gravy - 1.26.918 PS4

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap:
    Chevrolet Camaro GT4R

1. Mike Reynolds - 1.32.607 PC
    2. Sissydriver - 1.32.775 PC
    3. Peggy11 - 1:32:877 PC
    4. TinPeach - 1.33.552 XSX
    5. SlowGrayAudi - 1:34.248PS4
    6. HandyAndy1962 - 1:34.749 PC
    7. Laughing Gravy - 1.37.386 PS4

At the end of the year, it is @GoodGame.eXistenZ , by an impressive 1.6 secs and @mike reynolds at the top of the standings in AC and ACC respectively. Congratulations!
    In ACC @F1415182235 takes P2 and holds up the US flag for American Brands whilst @Neilski dives in late on Sunday to take P3. Great laps.
    It was far closer in ACC, with just two and a bit tenths covering the top three and improvements over the week causing movements on the leader boards. Congrats to @sissydriver for P2 and AC deserter ;):D@Peggy11 for p3!

This year, for the most superb contribution, there’s going to be a WHC Driver Of The Year Award.

And it goes to @GoodGame.eXistenZ!
    upload_2020-12-20_18-9-19.png
    This is not just for his outstanding lap times, but of course they are significant.
    It is also awarded for his racer's determination to win, demonstrated by his coming back three times to beat @Mustang 500 the other week.
    Even more significant in the consideration for the WHC Driver Of The Year is his willingness to spend considerable time to help us all get better. His vids every week are hugely helpful and on occasion he has spent generous time reviewing and commenting on the laps of others.

Outstanding on many levels, congratulations from all of us GoodGame, WHC Driver Of The Year 2020!

Happy Christmas everyone, you make the WHC the success it is, thank-you!

17. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Goodbye 2020! Won't miss you much ;):p
    Well done to @GoodGame.eXistenZ - fully deserved! And of course, eternal thanks to our witty and gracious host @Totall Wrytoff who has woven the threads together so adeptly this year!

18. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I feel very honored by the award - thank you, thank you very much. It really is appreciated. I am having lots of fun playing AC still and I still do enjoy hotlapping, the hotlap challenges are a welcome event. Thanks so much for the time everyone spends in here, trying to get better, competing with others on different levels. Never forget about the fun - that is what it is all about, don't be afraid to come in 2nd or last, enjoy the journey and learn.
    I really wish I could bring up more time analyzing other people's laptimes. I do enjoy to help others get better, sadly time is often so limited. But I am happy to answer any questions and give adivce whenever I can.

You are awesome!

19. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Fully deserved @GoodGame.eXistenZ - totall said all - One of the best things that could have happened to WHC is... your participation. :)

Rod100, Peggy11, Neilski and 3 others like this.
  20. SlowGrayAudi

Great job and congrats to @GoodGame.eXistenZ

I know i was late to the party with this but i sort of just found this forum. I usually hang out at GTPlanet but this section is much lessa active there (for obvious reasons).

This has been a blast. Its hard to get time in as my work week is usually 50-60hrs. And driving a semi for a living (and over night at that) im pretty beat when i do get home.

Looking forward to 2021!

Rod100, Peggy11, Neilski and 2 others like this.