1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 209 – The Class of 67 and a hungry Macca

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Neilski

Neilski Alien

AC Ferrari
    Neilski
    PC
    Having more than a little trouble taming this thing! Scary to think that I'm 2 full seconds off GG's pace :eek:o_O:confused:
    I do need to look back through the thread and hunt for setup tips; that'll no doubt help me find a couple of seconds :D

Am having even more issues with the Lotus and have just lost patience with it - will have another go soon ;)

upload_2021-1-16_16-36-18.png

2. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

The Lotus feels a bit less planted and is a bit more tricky to drive. You could add negative camber to the back to make it less slidy in corners.

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

AC
    Ferrari 312/67
    Improvement
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC209_AC_2.jpg

so different, so different....

4. Improvement
    AC Ferrari
    Totally Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-16_20-12-37.png
    Had some huge wobbles, but surprisingly this is half a sec quicker and delightfully, faster than @Neilski :D
    Would love to nail an '11!

5. Neilski

Neilski Alien

:eek::p:p:p:p

SlowGrayAudi and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  6. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC Lotus 49
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]
    This car makes me feel like James Garner in a John Frankenheimer film.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

7. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC Ferrari 312
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

8. upload_2021-1-17_17-53-38.png

I think we've exhausted ourselves, here's the flag and the results:

Weekly Hotlap Challenge 209
    -------------Results---------------

Assetto Corsa Hotlap
    Ferrari 312/76 and Lotus 49 at Magione

1. 1:10:441 - GoodGame.eXistenZ, Lotus 49 – PC
    2. 1:10:579 - GoodGame.eXistenZ, Ferrari 312/67 – PC
    3. 1:11.495 - F1415182235, Lotus 49 - X1
    4. 1:11:673 - BenBB, Ferrari 312/67 – PC
    5. 1:11:949 - BenBB, Lotus 49 - PC
    6. 1.12.023 - Totall Wrytoff, Lotus 49 – PS4
    7. 1.12.468 - Totall Wrytoff, Ferrari 312/67 – PS4
    8. 1.12.670 - Neilski, Ferrari 312/67 – PC
    9. 1.12.944 - Laughing Gravy, Lotus 49
    10. 1.13.745 - Sissydriver, Ferrari 312/67 - PC
    11. 1.13.754 - Rod100, Ferrari 312/67 – Xb1
    12. 1:13.926 - HandyAndy1962, Ferrari 312/67 - PC
    13. 1.14.105 - Laughing Gravy, Ferrari 312/67 - PS4
    14. 1.14.620 - Sissydriver, Lotus 49 - PC
    15. 1:15.007 - HandyAndy1962, Lotus 49 PC

Due to the two-car choice this week, the podium is for the top six places.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ monstered it and at the same time, made it look easy. Trying to nail a hotlap in either of these cars is like trying to juggle live eels, and this was his first time in the Lotus! He takes a pair of new world records, very well deserved!
    Despite showing a touch of self-doubt with the Vintage racers, @F1415182235 takes the most difficult, gets closest to GoodGame and gets second place! No time set in the Ferrari means he shares the notional P2 spot with our superfast newcomer @Benoit Boyadjis. BenBB grafted away this week and ends with a pair of great 1.11s. That’s what I wanted! And tried hard to get!
    When I started playing AC, I couldn’t keep these cars in a straight line, let alone get around a lap. It has taken nearly four years to get the hang of them, but I now think they provide some of the best driving.

To conclude this week’s experiment with ambient temperature…. 10C is faster and easier to get the tyre pressures balanced.
    I’ll get my coat. :rolleyes:

Assetto Corsa Competizione 10mins Hotstint:
    McLaren 570S GT4 at the Hungaroring

6 Laps
    1. Sissydriver - 11.32.679 PC
    2. Mike Reynolds - 11:33:249 PC
    3. SlowGrayAudi - 11:36.978 PS4
    4. Moodyryder - 11.37.005 PS4
    5. Peggy11 - 11:39:852 PC
    6. TinPeach - 11:43.059 XSX
    7. HandyAndy1962 - 11:54.354 PC

First of all, to the moral victor this week: Hats off to @TinPeach for driving through the pain. Most impressive and here’s hoping that month for recovery will be just three weeks!
    In the end, no one could catch @sissydriver , who streaked away early in the week. @mike reynolds staged a big comeback to jump up to P2, even though, at the moment, he’s extremely busy elsewhere. It’s quite a big gap to @SlowGrayAudi (LargeBlueAudi?) on the third step of the podium, which he claims by a few hundredths off master snowman creator @moodyryder .

Thanks to everyone for your contributions!
    There is no such thing as “off topic” in WHC and this week has been most amusing. Good to see a “daily driver,” horrified for Mike’s family (unless it's the RS :D) and I do think a certain Audi driver should be tracked down and “spoken to.” Snow in Kansas????

We’ve got all the way to WHC 210, it’s up, well underway and guaranteed, completely different to this week.:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***Admin Notice*****
    It’s well past the time for me to hand over WHCs to the next man, I’m looking for someone who would like to take over, please let me know if you are interested.

9. WRC_MADMAX

WRC_MADMAX Racer

I must congratulate all contenders. It was my intention to post my efforts but unfortunately there was a power outage for around 6hrs today. I got some initial laps in with the 60s classic F1 using firstly the Ferrari with psi adjusted but otherwise stock. I next used the Lotus and even though my left hand is injured and I'm using a wrist support i must say these machines have stolen my day. I only purchased AC in October 2020 and haven't had much playtime. I was both comfortable and faster running the Lotus without TC and again stock. It's painful to grip the wheel and make right turns so I'll be practising for 210 and posting once I've got my upcoming AOR PS4 season 2 race at Suzuka over and done.

Neilski, Rod100, Peggy11 and 2 others like this.
  10. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I can understand the undertaking of organizing this challenge. I'd love to step up and take a shot at it but with my work schedule its just so difficult. I work nights, and they're long. Average 12-14 work days (i drive a semi and unload the whole trailer).

In 2019 i somehow became president of the Kansas City Audi Club and ran that for the whole year. That was a huge undertaking as well but in the end my work schedule just intervened too much and i handed the reigns over to one of my admins. I didn't have time to do board meeting anymore with the CEO of the Audi Club of North America, as well as other meetings and events. It was a big responsibly, we had finances to manage, events to coordinate, sponsors to manage and promote, etc. its fun for sure but my job just doesnt lend the time to do anything like that.

Maybe if i get a regular 9-5 office job some day i can partake in such frivolities

I hope someone else can step up! Those shoes are BIG!

I know i haven't been here that long but you've done an outstanding job!

11. Just to reassure everyone, the WHC takes me around 1-1.5hrs a week all in.

It could be much less, but I enjoy doing a write up and end of week summary.:)