1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 16, 2021.

1. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Yes please, I couldn't make the dry tyres work so would like to see what you've done...

2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

ACC

lewis
    2:01.083 - SX
    EBB705A5-AFA8-4B70-BEC4-69DECB1224C3.jpeg

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

4. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Small improvement
    ACC
    Lewis
    2:00.933 - SX
    557C8C46-53C3-407C-92B2-2DFDB9BC9439.jpeg

5. Improvement

AC
    BenBB
    2:06:057
    PC

Crazy how much one can improve on this combo, really nice challenge :cool:
    @Lewisxbone sure you don't want to look for some tenths ?

In the meantime, it seems that our dear Jakub Krcma has been triggered by all the rubber left on "his" WR... @GoodGame.eXistenZ any revenge thoughts ? :D

s1.PNG s2.PNG

6. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

No problemo:D You are putting in some serious efforts @Benoit Boyadjis
    And yeah, lots of ground to gain ;)

[​IMG]

Improvement
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    2:04:553

Still left like 0.2-0.3 secs on the table...
    [​IMG]

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I'll post it up a little later. Just getting out of bed.

8. SlowGrayAudi

What tires are you running?

9. My god @GoodGame.eXistenZ do you even need a warm up to drive that fast ?! 20 minutes for a 1s improvement. Had to read your time twice to be sure it was a 2:04...

I did ! Thought it was an interesting training car for a lot of little technical things; subtle breaking, holding the correct speed (not too little, not too much), throttle picking at the perfect time, trajectories adjusments...
    And to be honest, I ended up thinking I had a chance against your old 2:05:5... I'm not that sure anymore ;)

10. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

ACC
    jo_siffert
    PC

I went with a green track and wet setup as preset and modified small things (wet tyres)

20210122203602_1.jpg

PS: I made more laps today and yesterday than these 5 :-D

Greets
    Jo

11. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Damn! These page 5 posts are like Planet of the Aliens :eek:

And here's me struggling to get a sub 2:10 in AC and thinking that would be a great achievement if I did :oops: :p

12. SlowGrayAudi

Way to put us all to shame! I thought we all did well to get into the low 2:01 lol.

Maybe the wet tire is faster???

13. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    2:09:981
    PC

KTM Hotlap.png

Wahey I did it!! Only just but I still did it :D

14. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    2:09:887
    PC

KTM Hotlap.png

That'll do for tonight, I need something a little more sedate for the rest of the evening's sim activities.

15. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

I was about to say that AC improvements were almost reaching ACC challenge times, but some guys were able to make under 2 minutes the ACC challenge. Good to see people putting effort this week.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

16. SlowGrayAudi

Heres my Dry tire setup.

It might be futile since now we have sub 2min times on wets.

Im by no means a great driver, nor a tuning expert. But this worked for me.

Pressures look high but they drop steadily throughout the lap. They could use a little more tweaking im sure, but i didnt want to sacrifice the 1st sector too much with balloon tires.

20210122_152405.jpg 20210122_152413.jpg 20210122_152423.jpg 20210122_152430.jpg 20210122_152438.jpg 20210122_152446.jpg

17. mike reynolds

Thanks SGA, will give it a try

18. SlowGrayAudi

No problem. Careful into the fast sweeper. It can swap on you if you just jerk it in. Be smooth there, i take it in 5th

19. mike reynolds

ACC
    Improvement
    Mike Reynolds
    2:01:392
    PC

Sorry SGA, but couldn't get along with your set up...goes to show how personal these things are, but went back to my old one which found me 0.3 improvement on previous time...with a bit more time I'm sure I could get to 2:00 something as don't feel like I've really nailed it yet.

ACC WHC Header.PNG

20. mike reynolds

That's the section I kept losing it with your set up...needed to be smoother than I can manage most of the time!