1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 212 – Bucking Bull Riding

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 30, 2021.

1. s1.PNG
    Always feared this track, never learned it or actually practiced on it... Tough week ahead for me !
    Starting position: last :cool:
    Let's get a minute (!) faster now !

2. Great lap time @GoodGame.eXistenZ !

I wonder if you could beat Marco's time using the Road tyre?
    :D;)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  3. Just a couple of observations on this week's AC challenge:

@GoodGame.eXistenZ , one of, if not the fastest in the game and an absolute expert around the Nordschleife, took a full 30mins to land his time. For "normal drivers" that will translate to a couple of hours at least! To simply just get the hang of it.

Secondly, once you have managed to get round safely once or twice, you get to understand where you can be more aggressive and where you should be conservative. It then becomes much easier to drive it and you start to make big gains. If you try to drive it hard immediately, at least for me, you spend more time in the barriers and it takes much longer to improve. So the first 2-3 laps should be spent just driving around.
    That's probably common sense, but I felt like posting it.
    :)
    And enjoy!:D

4. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC
    Improvement
    SissyDriver
    PC
    6 Laps

WHC212_ACC_3.jpg

WHC212_ACC_3a.jpg

One mistake and everything is gone. So much to learn, so much fun (my ears are red, head is hot - so much concentration....)

5. Improvement
    AC Hard
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-2-1_17-14-48.png
    This lap felt much more in control and far smoother.
    So I was shocked to discover, it is just 6/10ths faster!:rolleyes:
    Fun though, isn't it?

Attached Files:

6. Not a real submission again, but ended up my session with a 7:37, @Totall Wrytoff I'll try to catch you :)
    Great feelings of picking up speed and understanding (some) corners ! A lot more work to do...

Wanted to check what was the "real deal" afterwards, man I'm not disappointed; yet I'm ten times more frightened than I was before.
    Think it hasn't been shared already - and I'm not a big fan of onboard videos most of the times - but this is one hell of a drive ! Buckle up and withstand the power of the bull ! And find inspiration for your week's driving style :cool:
    PS: this is the 6:44 version (so I suppose they didn't use road tires on this one)

7. Just realized the video featured the Aventador SVJ version and not our week's older SV one, all my apologies for this rookie inaccuracy ! :rolleyes:

8. Not at all, great post, @Benoit Boyadjis - thrilling to watch!
    Couple of fluffed changes in sector one I thought, a BIG moment at Pflanzgarten and interesting to watch his "helmsmanship." He is quite jerky!

In your defence, the details in the game are inaccurate. As you say, the version we have is the SuperVeloce, or SV. I noticed when doing the write up, the SV weighs about 1760Kg with 740hp. The game displays the details for the SVJ; 1525KG and 750hp.:cool:

Also, the lap in the faster, lighter, aero equipped SVJ was done on Trofeo R tyres, the 6:59 lap in the standard SV was done on "Hypercar Road." :eek::)

9. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

AC Hard
    Sissydriver
    PC

WHC212_AC_1.jpg

Phew - this car is so different to GT3s in ACC - :confused:

10. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Right my day off from WHC is over, I'm going to have a go at something tonight. Not entirely sure which challenge yet, hopefully I can update the thread with some relatively encouraging news later on :p

11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Wikipedia says exactly what it says in Assetto Corsa - LP 750-4 with 1525 kg and 750 HP. The data is correct. ;)

12. Here is his lap in the SV.
    He looks much smoother and I think, does a better lap.
    Although, in console, the lap would be invalid. There is a prize of a 1 Place grid promotion for anyone that can say where!:)

13. Apologies, the data I saw is with fluids and around 1760Kg for the SV
    upload_2021-2-1_19-2-24.png
    :)

Time to get back to driving!

14. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC Hard
    Peggy11
    7:17:928
    PC

Aventador Hotlap.png

I'm over the moon with this as my first attempt. :eek:

If it wasn't for the fact that this is around the Nordschleife and as good as I think this is, I know from experience there's still lots of time on the table I would probably call it right there :cool:

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Wow, now my immersion is even better -

the noises from the lamborghini video are exactly the noises that the boxes behind my swivel chair and the wood under my pedals make. :p:p:p

16. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC Hard
    Peggy11
    7:14:844
    PC

Aventador Hotlap.png

That's enough of that today, quitting whilst I'm ahead.

Time for something completely different on ACC.

17. Improvement
    AC Hard
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-2-1_20-26-45.png
    An improvement leaving room for improvement.
    I think, looking at SV vid speed & revs on the Dott H, Marco is running aero at 1, or less.
    I'm hitting limiter in 6th at around 198mph and need 7th for the extra.

18. AC Easy
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-2-1_20-33-55.png
    Took ages to get the tyre pressures ok-ish for this early attempt.

19. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I did fear the Ring as well. I started with slow cars on it and found great fun on the track, so I spent lots of time there and got more and more confident. Once you know the layout its lots of fun and a new challenge every time you select different car, but sooo worth it. Go for the challenge!

20. Improvement
    AC Hard
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-2-1_22-24-50.png
    Gained a lot from Marco Mapelli's onboard. Especially the short shifting in places.