1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 212 – Bucking Bull Riding

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 30, 2021.

1. AC Hard
    BenBB
    7:21:852
    PC
    s1.PNG

Two consecutive improvements, so 15 minutes without a Sbinalla; felt proud :p
    Second half of the track remains a total mess, not one corner is correctly understood or adjusted !
    Yet, almost got my minute from yesterday's first valid lap already => 7:1x is the next target, to take part in the fast drivers club (Peggy, Sissy, TW.. I'm coming !) :D

2. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

AC hard
    moodyryder
    ps4

20210201_222605.jpg

Lap dedicated to the original owner of the G29 wheel.

--

I watched the Lamborghini driver's lap. Where's the "invalidation" ? There's a few potential times. From 4m40 on his laptimer to 5m10 he's on a few kerbs and could be close, but I'm going for 6m53 right at the end of the lap.

I'm sure I've had laps chalked off for mounting the kerbs at the end like that. Maybe its just the disappointment of losing a lap at the end that makes me think of there.

The first half of the lap up to Hohe Acht looks smooth. From Wipperman through Pflantzgarten he has to fight it a bit more.

Good to know the professionals have to work at that part too.

3. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

We're all stacking up in the 2M teens zone nicely now.

It's going to be squeaky bum time come the end of the week, with lots of swearing when you're up on the lap then get an invalid lap message flash up on the screen three quarters of the way around, when you juuuuust stray that little bit too far! ;)

4. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

The worst thing for us on console is the ghost.

We cannot disable it in Hotlap.

Typical Nordschleife Moody experience:

I know I'm going well and sneak a cheeky look back just before Bergwerk.

Ghost well behind; I'm on a good one.

Subconsciously I'm too conservative up the hill.

Next thing the phantom of the Pflantzgarten goes sailing past.

Push too hard and drop it in the baby karussell.

Another lap wasted.

5. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC hard
    Rod100
    Xb1

In one sentence: careful while tail braking. In order to improve this condition, I've increased rear toe in to 65 and reduced front toe in to 45, not sure about optimum values, but I felt some handling improvement while tail braking.

And the ghost, wish I could turn it off, it's a constant psychological pressure on you either if you're ahead or behind it.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

6. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC hard
    Rod100
    Xb1

On hyper road tyres.[​IMG][​IMG]

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:41:886
    6 laps
    PS4

Fastest lap was a 1:56.562

Two bad laps, otherwise pretty consistent

20210203_032151.jpg 20210203_032206.jpg

8. AC Hard, Hypercar Road tyres
    upload_2021-2-3_12-44-1.png
    I did a quick run on the Hypercar road tyres for a comparison, and to check @Rod100 's potential time! :)
    There is less grip, but it is in no way horrendous.
    I could improve this cautious lap by a few seconds, so I think, in seven minutes of driving, there is only about 10-15 seconds difference.

9. Weekly Hotlap Challenge 212
    Midweek Leader boards

Assetto Corsa Hotlap Hard
    Lamborghini Aventador SV at the Nordschleife

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 6.51.641 PC
    2. Totall Wrytoff - 7.12.163 PS4
    3. Peggy11 - 7.14.844 PC
    4. Sissydriver - 7.17.210 PC
    5. Moodyryder - 7.17.990 ps4
    6. BenBB - 7.21.852 PC
    7. Rod100 - 7.32.555 Xb1
    8. SlowGrayAudi - 7.36.165 PS4

Assetto Corsa Competizione 10 mins Hotstint
    Lamborghini Huracan GT3 at Monza

6 Laps:
    1. SissyDriver - 11.41.403 PC
    2. SlowGrayAudi - 11.41.886 PS4
    3. Mike Reynolds - 11.42.207 PC

Nobody is even in the same era as @GoodGame.eXistenZ at the Nordschleife! I know he is practising for a big race on Sunday, the season finale, so I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing him "ALL THE VERY BEST!"
    As @Peggy11 notes the rest of us are starting to huddle up and @Benoit Boyadjis is coming!

ACC continues to provide great drama! Everyone has been first I think! On the current "shuffle" @sissydriver has put in a good improvement and sits at the top. Four tenths over 6 laps isn't much at all!

@moodyryder has put his hat into the ring, with a couple of options... :) As mentioned this is worth a one place promotion!
    Anyone else?

10. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Min 4:47 of his laptime as he went a bit on the grass.o_O
    I can already hear the mofo stewart from RSR screaming *your laptime does not count fool!!!*

11. Haha! :cool:

@GoodGame.eXistenZ wins!
    upload_2021-2-3_15-49-32.png
    On the uphill right-hander after Wippermann he has two, possibly three wheels over the kerb.
    I tested this earlier, it is quite surprisingly generous there. But not that generous!

@moodyryder - you can cut those kerbs at the end without invalidating. The penalty though, is potentially sending your car off as they are quite high.

GoodGame gets promoted by one place. :)

Emmanuel Tubbiolo and Peggy11 like this.
  12. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

So he goes right around and joins the back of the list then? :p

13. Yes.
    We've been lapped. :D
    upload_2021-2-3_17-17-40.png

Emmanuel Tubbiolo likes this.
  14. Improvement
    AC Hard
    BenBB
    7:14:173
    PC
    s1.PNG

Milestone reached !
    Is sub 7:10 what will be needed to get podium this week ? :D

15. Improvement
    AC Nords
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-2-3_19-21-1.png
    Sub 7 mins should be the target for the end of the week.
    It gets much easier with practice, but it is so give-and-take around the lap.
    Especially when you start pushing... :)

16. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I WON I WON:cool::cool::cool::cool:

17. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC Hard
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

18. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC Hard
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

I don't know how to do emojis but I would've start with a few laughing faces..
    Seriously I absolutely love this track now. I understand why now.. I feel that I am really starting to know it. Below 7.20 seems impossible for now. Well done guy because I didn't feel like going slow either. Let's see what happens before Sunday

Attached Files:

19. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC hard
    Rod100

This time on hyper trofeo tyres. I must say transition from hyper roads was not easy as I thought, it took me a couple of hours to get to a faster time than in road tyres. I've reduced front wheel toe in a bit further, to 30.[​IMG]

20. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

If anyone's interested in the history behind the Cannonball Run this book is a must read. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk