1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 219 - Down the Baravian Hatch with Superfast Cats

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Weekly Hotlap Challenge #219 – Superfast Cat

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #219 – Superfast Cat

The Challenge:
    Hotlap
    Car: Ferrari Superfast
    Track: Black Cat County

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I consider the Ferrari 812 Superfast to be the modern reincarnation of the Shelby Cobra. They both share many of the same traits - low weight, high power, poor brakes and an addictive exhaust note. Both cars seem to be able to hypnotize the driver into thinking that being scared outta your mind is actually a fun thing to do!

Black Cat County Circuit is a great place to let this beast stretch its legs and just twisty enough to remind you you are driving a super car.

According to RSR the top time is 2.18.xxx.

Recommended tire pressures are 33psi at the front, 34psi at the rear.

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Hotlap, choose the Ferrari 812 Superfast and the Black Cat County Circuit. Please setup the session as shown below:

Mode: Hotlap

Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Free
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday April 2nd 1800hrs.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, testing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa. All Platforms are welcome.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

A leader board is collated regularly. Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione – This week were going to try and beat this qualifying lap of 1:25:90 in the BMW M6 down at Brands Hatch.

[​IMG]

Season 2019

1. Car: BMW M6 GT3

2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time:

3. Time of day: 12:00

4. Track: Brands Hatch

5. Weather type eg: Custom

6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled

7. Cloud: 80%

8. Ave Temp: 19c

9. Grip level: Optimum

10. Wetness: n/a

Remember, we just want your fasted lap. not the overall time!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. 1.25.644
    ACC
    Xbox
    Boubylonese23

3c0f615f-766f-4814-bb84-3708e4bc26aa.png

buongiorno a tutti, è la prima volta che scrivo ... Complimenti a tutti ci sono dei grandi simdriver qui che scrivono ... Ho provato per divertimento, aggiustato solo il PSI su setup aggressivo, ma non ho trovato proprio quello giusto sensazione ancora

4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Hello everyone.. It's the first time I right here. Congratulations to everyone here you are all amazing simdrivers. I tried it for a bit of fun. I've just changed the Psi and aggressive setup. Didn't find the right sensation yet.

5. caly82

caly82 Simracer

AC
    Caly82Race
    2.18.254 (WR)
    XB1

It's my first WR...:cool:...but I know...WR it's mine until @GoodGame.eXistenZ will submit his lap time :D

4d7b8464-928e-4ce0-bba8-840c6e960e2a.PNG

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:25:893
    PC

Close enough....

ACC WHC Header.PNG

7. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

AC
    Andrei228
    2:18:023
    PC
    ferrariblackcatcouunty.png
    This car is lovely to drive and the wide roads of the Black Cat County really allow you to carry a lot of speed into the corners. Really immersive experience with the VR headset.

8. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

No worries man. I am focusing on some series atm, so take it and enjoy it :cool:

btw great to see you back @Pretend racer ! Thanks for taking over!!!

9. caly82

caly82 Simracer

Improvement
    AC
    Caly82Race
    XB1

467a8603-bd51-4563-8a1d-f9d3253c8580.PNG

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  10. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

Improvement
    AC
    Andrei228
    2:16:511
    PC ferrariblackcatcouunty.png

11. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:25.971
    PC

never driven the BMW before so there's a learning curve for sure. Its very pleasing to drive. Easy and not too "on edge".

Also been up since yesterday so im super sleepy. Melatonin is starting to kick in so its bed time after another run.

Tires pressures were low so im going again to get them in the right window

upload_2021-3-30_13-50-8.png

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  12. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:24.726
    PC

Much better with tires closer to the window. Still not perfect. Setup needs some tweaks still

upload_2021-3-30_14-5-20.png

13. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:24.609
    PC

upload_2021-3-31_14-54-27.png

14. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:24.543
    PC

My best lap was invalid but my second best was very close.

Made some changes. A little softer front end and more rear bar. 5/5 on the bars. Diff at 90

upload_2021-3-31_15-7-48.png

15. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement
    ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:24.201
    PC

Made some changes. A little softer front end and more rear bar. f5/r7 on the bars. Diff at 80

upload_2021-3-31_15-25-20.png

16. Pretend racer

pretend racer
    ac
    pc
    [​IMG]

Well I'll say that was a hell of a challenge! I did a WR according to rsr within two or three laps. So I thought that would be good enough. When I went to post I noticed a monster of a time set by @Andrei228! Well done sir! I had a new goal in mind after seeing his post, lol. It took me forever, and I was very sweaty afterwards! I could set laptimes all day long at 2.16.6xx, but getting that last tenth was a chore and half I don't mind telling you. I would always loose too much time in the last hairpin, and screw up the last corner to boot.

After finally getting my PB, I realized that I probably could have set the temps a little lower. I realize now that there seems to have been a consensus while I was away, that temps and other settings should be free. I agree! 10C is where everyone has the best chance to get an RSR WR. I'll make sure to set up the WHC's like that from now on, including this one!

I did record my lap, but its mostly red screen so its not worth posting... Very frustrating.

The tune I used is attached.

Attached Files:

17. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Great car choice Pretend Racer. A long time I wanted to try it. Just not good enough to catch up. Great times lads. If I manage a 2.17 before the end of the week I'll be delighted.

Attached Files:

18. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-4-1_12-53-38.png
    Great combi!
    Slow run in comparison though, the times are fantastic this week. I'm in the wrong class!

19. Pretend racer

Midweek Standings!

AC
    1. pretend racer 2.16.508 PC
    1. Andrei228 2:16:511 PC
    3. Caly82Race 2.17.510 XB1
    4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo 2.18.700 Xbox
    5. Totall Wrytoff 2.20.171 PS4

ACC
    1. SlowGrayAudi 1:24.201 PC
    2. Boubylonese23 1.25.644 Xbox
    3. Mike Reynolds 1:25:893 PC

The first challenger to step up and post is a new recruit to the whc's! Welcome @Boubylonese#23. Its not always easy to go first, but to do it while also taking your first stab at the WHC's is very admirable. Your lap time is very respectable, but if you have questions on how to improve I'm sure the WHC community can find the answers for you. (Thanks @Emmanuel Tubbiolo for the translation of his post!)

Then @caly82 posted the first AC laptime. The world record was rightfully claimed after a solid effort to tame the Ferrari's eagerness to spin those rear wheels. But the anticipation of some quick times that weren't posted yet made him nervous, so he upped the ante and improved his lap time by nearly a second!

@Andrei228 followed caly82's lead by posting a solid lap time, then improved it significantly and claimed the WR!

@SlowGrayAudi was able to improve their lap time by steadily working on the setup to dial it in to their liking. The setup improvements showed on the clock and currently he's leading the pack in ACC

@Pretendracer had to work really, really, really hard to step up to andrei's pace! Although the clock put me barely ahead, its as close to identical laptimes as you can get. As far as I am concerned we tied, and try as I might I wasn't able to best you!

@Emmanuel Tubbiolo was finally able to enjoy one of the best streetcars to drive in AC! That's the beauty of WHC's, it gives you a reason to try combo's you either don't have time for, or combos that always seem to get bumped down the list of things to do. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. Ask any questions you might have and hopefully we'll get you to be able to set that 2.17!

@Totall Wrytoff Glad to see you are still able to participate! I see that you enjoyed some of your time off by wrestling the Ferrari around BCC. Just like the Shelby, its not an easy car to get a handle on, but it sure makes you grin while you try!

We got a few days left to post some improvements and/or recruit some people to throw their 2cents in. I'm sure some people are sad to see TotalWrytoff retire but the show must go on! It might have a different feeling now but the intent is the same, provide some friendly competition and community encouragement to help us all improve as simracers.

20. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

Improvement
    AC
    Andrei228
    2:15:968
    PC

ferrari2.png ferrariblackcatcouunty.png

After coming from work today and checking what other times have been posted I noticed @Pretend racer has just beat my old time. And you did it while having 26 degrees air temperature. Amazing lap from you!

This is my improved lap time and it is getting close to as fast as I can go on this track. If I manage to put in the perfect lap I think I can go 0.3-0,4 faster, but that is easier said than done.

Some tips on how to go faster on this car/track from my side apart from using the whole width of the track are:
    - Upshift at around 8000 rpm throughout the lap
    - Use 2nd gear when exiting the first chicane.
    - In the chicane before the last two hairpins is where you can win/lose a lot of time, so brake hard at the big BRAKE NOW sign down to 3rd gear while aiming towards the center of the chicane. Then release brake pressure to around 5-10% while gently turning the car towards the second apex. Downshift to 2nd gear and try to carry as much speed as possible without spinning the tyres.
    - In the last corner you can put your two right wheels on the dirt and really straighten out the exit.

21. Improvement
    ACC
    Boubylonese#23

Attached Files: