1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #231

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Noooo. When you said 550 the other day I was trying to think what car it was but didn't think of Ferrari... wow, have a great time and think of me with my Opel...a great one but an Opel..
    Delighted for you

2. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I work for PSA (or Stellantis as they are now known - my client), the parent company of Opel - so no bad thing there at all.

And, to put this in perspective. The 550 didn’t have the Fiorano handling pack as I just couldn’t afford it at the time. And my daily drive is a Nissan Juke, the wife’s is a Toyota Aygo, this is purely for weekends on nice days. Which you guys will probably agree is safest looking at the times I manage to post.

3. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Beautiful car. I wish i could ever afford one. I always wanted a 512TR myself. Something about the boxy rear end.

I'll need to start working a few more jobs lol.

4. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I keep dreaming of the day a Ferrari 812 superfast depreciates enough to come close to something I can afford. It's one of the craziest streetcars in AC, feels like a modern Shelby Cobra.

Congrats on your new upgrade Tinpeach! That 550 is sweet car, but I think you'll look back with fondness rather than sadness because I'm sure you'll have no regrets about upgrading to the 488.

5. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I hope so, but my 550 was my first. But I am hoping the reliability problems leave with it - at one point, I’m pretty sure my wife was ready to divorce me if she saw another repair bill turn up.

Even stranger, I’ve not driven it far yet but it does feel very quick without the official Ferrari driver next to you, maybe a little too quick - this may just be my age of course?

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TinPeach
    XSX
    Anyhow, back to the serious stuff. This was brilliant fun, what a legend of a little car.

Attached Files:

7. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Lots of time being left behind, missed almost every apex on the track.

Video of my lap on the link below, as before, do not use as a reference for nothing!

[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Glad I had a chance to go back to it. Went back to stock differential and 66 bias. Always the same with me. I start a bit stiff and when it's too restrictive I loosen a bit. A bit more difficult to handle.

Attached Files:

9. Thanks for sharing @TinPeach! I am close enough to you to come and give the 488 a run if your shoulders are sore.:);)

That is precisely what I have been thinking for the last few years. Prices seem to be going up though Pr! :D

10. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-6-25_18-54-29.png
    Ahhh, ok, I see everyone else has improved too!
    Nearly at 1.50 though!:D

11. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Dang!!! Would not mind taking that 550 from you :D
    I cannot imagine the running costs of that thing over a year while running nearly no mile.
    :confused:
    Awesome buy. Being basically a classic the 550 does have some style though :)

12. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Normal running costs are not as extreme as you think - obviously that quote is very much subjective. But a minor service was under £900 and she managed to average over 16 mpg. But reliability, a total nightmare. A close friend of mine bought a 911T, over the same period I’m pretty sure the only thing he ever had to replace was the wiper blades - and still biblically quick.

The 488 is still covered by Ferrari’s 7 year plan, so even though it is far more complex, it should actually be much cheaper to run. I know, it’s still Italian, so that’s probably famous last words!

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Dam, 1:49.5, not sure I can get near that, I thought I had a chance for a while of possibly pipping you.

14. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

It feels very good to hear something like that. Maybe I spent to much time on it... I used to do it a little bit every nights because it was just brilliant but the problem was it took me ages to just match the time from the night before. Now I do one, if I'm lucky 2 nights a week but full on. I just do a lot of laps and things just come slowly. It's the only way for me.

15. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    1:54:336
    PC

Huracan ST Hotstint.png

A very ponderous first attempt, the aim for me this week I think is a mid 1:53:xxx.

Once I've got the pressures and fuel correct I reckon there's a good chance I can do it :p

@TinPeach nice motors mate :eek:

16. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    1:54:156
    PC

Huracan ST Hotstint.png

Hmmm, maybe a high 1:53:xxx is the aim then :D

17. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    1:53:910
    PC

Huracan ST Hotstint.png

Slowly grinding away at it. The high 1:53:xxx is ticked off, I reckon there's a couple of tenths left looking at the purple sectors, none of which interestingly were in the fastest lap I did o_O

18. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Are you running 0 rear wing? Its pretty much a must for Monza. Soften the rear springs a bit to stabilize the rear, also add some positive toe out back for stability so you throw it into the corners.

19. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    1:53:688
    PC

Huracan ST Hotstint.png

Took @SlowGrayAudi advice and it seems to have made an improvement :D

The rear tyres were cooked after lap 4 ! There's another 3tenths to be had, so I'll have another go and see what happens.

20. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Peggy11
    1:53:247
    PC

Huracan ST Hotstint.png

That's it I'm not going any faster :)