1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #235

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 18, 2021.

1. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-7-24_15-41-44.png
    It might be my driving... but I was surprised at how dangerous the Mazda feels! It breaks very quickly, then thanks to the super soft suspension, the subsequent weight transfer is very tricky to manage. It is probably my driving!

I would be interested to see if this matches real life @mike reynolds .....:)

2. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-7-24_18-26-36.png
    I suspect the majority of my time gap is gained in turn 1.
    So far I have found a new line every time, some more successful than others.
    I might let a few psi out at the back too...:D

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  3. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:10:937
    PC

Mine was a Mk2.5 which handle better than the Mk1's, (sold it now :-( ) but the back end on that was fairly lively, so I'd say the handling in AC is pretty accurate. That it the beauty of the old MX5's though, they are fun to drive but without the power to get you into serious trouble!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

4. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Mustang 500
    XB1
    IMG_2126.JPG
    Like I figured, I improved by very little. Realized I was taking a too wide line through turn 1, I tried different things but still could not get it down.

5. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Better a horrible time than no time. I had only 6 minutes for this whc.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

My first sports car I bought myself was a MK2, no abs, no traction, no electric anything resulting in under a tonne and painted the dark blue Mazda produce. I remember driving home one winter in the snow and could see drivers looking at me probably thinking ‘look at that prat drifting roundabouts and corners’. But that was literally all you could do to keep the thing moving, even with the essential sack of sand in the boot. Fabulous little car I absolutely loved!

Rod100 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  7. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

1:12 certainly isn’t a horrible time with only 6 minutes to deliver!

Rod100 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  8. @Rod100 - I agree with @TinPeach

I have put quite a few laps in this week! It is better to be in than out!
    I have another 5/10ths... but the longer I go on the less confident I become!:D:D

I'm off to Spaga Praga!

Rod100 likes this.
  9. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Final Results!

AC
    1. pretend racer 1.06.986 pc
    2. Mustang 500 1.07.127 Ps4
    3. local_man1234 1:07.443 Ps4
    4. Totall Wrytoff 1.09.108 PS4
    5. Mike Reynolds 1:10:937 PC
    6. Rod100 1.12.168 Xb1

ACC
    1. SlowGrayAudi 1:25.017 PC
    2. Local_man1234 1:25.524 Ps4
    3. Peggy11 1:26:802 PC
    4. TinPeach 1:27.078 XSX
    5. Mike Reynolds 1:27:126 PC

The theme of this week turned out to be terrible sports cars. Both cars had some 'unique' characteristics that made them less enjoyable than most other cars available in the games. Thankfully, next weeks car is a proper sports car!

Congrats to @Mustang 500 for grabbing second spot this week in the little pretend sports car. @local_man1234 smoothly slots into 3rd place this week with a difference of only three tenths of a second from Mustang's laptime. Special thanks to @Rod100 for squeezing us into his packed schedule.

This week, @SlowGrayAudi manages to edge out the @local_man1234 for 1st place. @Peggy11 was able to fend of the efforts of @TinPeach and @mike reynolds by only a few tenths. Very close competition this week!