1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #250

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

upload_2021-11-6_10-39-14.png

upload_2021-11-6_10-39-6.png

The infamous Imola track is our destination this week where we will be thrashing the Toyota Celica ST185 4wd turbo.

RSR WR 1.58.584
    Most of the nearly 100 laptimes posted are between 2.01 - 2.10.

Ideal PSI 29

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Toyota Celica st185 4wd.

Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Imola
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday November 14th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season GT4
    1. Car: Maserati Granturismo MC GT4
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for total laps/time:
    3. Time of day: 10:00
    4. Track: Nürburgring
    5. Weather type eg: Custom
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: 10%
    8. Ave Temp: 25 degrees
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: 18%
    11. Standing water 0%

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. upload_2021-11-7_17-26-46.png

HAPPY 250th ANNIVERSARY WHC!
    And congrats @Pretend racer for getting us there!!

4. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-11-7_17-30-12.png
    Default settings except the tallest gear ratios and adjusted tyre pressures.

To celebrate WHC250, here is my lap, showing off my two-wheels-only line, through Acque Minerali.

5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

After some "absence" I am back with an entry : )

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:57:660
    [​IMG]

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Oooh, nasty!

18% wetness and no electronic aids from the Maser. I'm setting my sights low - 2 laps total :)

7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

On Wet's or slicks though? I did a test run on 20% and wets were a bit quicker overall, but at 18% it should be a close call!

8. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Rod100
    5L 11.25.281
    PC

Did a first run with wet tires.
    If I remember correctly, at start of lap 2 engineer says slicks are optimum. Lap 4 the wet tires were hot, and lap 5 they were cooking.
    Still a lot to improve, never did T1 right in those laps.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

9. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-11-8_20-2-30.png
    GoodGame's time reminds me, Imola is always a bogey track for me... I am always relatively slow here.:D

10. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

That engineer always seem to wait until I have made my choice and then proceeds to tell me the opposite of that - just to add to the doubt I was already feeling!

11. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    PC

I feel this car has a longer learning curve. Changed final gear ratio to 14/40, 2 clicks longer, and used only up to 5th gear. (5Th max is 230kph)[​IMG]

12. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Great car again and I think Imola is probably my favourite track. It's only after watching Goodgame's video that I realised I better throw the car for corners... Just enjoyable. T.W. I'm just behind... have to do some this week. I think it's 2-0 for you. Hope I'll have a chance.

Attached Files:

13. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Rod100
    5L 11.22.494
    PC

Tried today the standard dry safe setup, but was slower than yesterday's time on wet tires.

Then I tried the standard wet setup, just changing the tires for dries, and a small improvement came.

I should try the wet setup with wet tires once more, as I made many mistakes yesterday.

Fun combo![​IMG][​IMG]

14. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Rod100
    5L 11.21.420
    PC

Improvement in full wet setup, though I made a major mistake in lap 3 that cost me about 4 seconds. I'm leaning towards wet tires, but you guys more talented than me may get to a different conclusion.[​IMG][​IMG]

15. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:14.334
    PC
    5 Laps

Quite tricky. Used wet tires but they're on fire the last two laps. Maybe dry tires?

Attached Files:

16. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:13.617
    PC

Dry tires, definitely the way to go, just need to dial them in. had a bad second lap while experimenting. Should have been at least 3 or 4 seconds faster overall.

Attached Files:

17. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:13.617
    PC

upload_2021-11-10_21-53-13.png

18. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    11:17.298 - 5 laps
    XSX

I went with dry tyres using the safe setup, definitely improvements to be found. Still confuses me how track can vary from wet, damp to greasy on the timing screens afterwards?

Attached Files:

19. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Rod100
    5L 11.16.263
    PC

Tried again dry and wet setups, but best time was again on wet tires. Maybe I'm too cautious with slicks in the first laps.[​IMG][​IMG]

20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11:15.081 - 5 laps
    XSX

Getting there slowly but it’s a little hit and miss. Too much curb on just one corner and that’s it - your spinning like a teenager drunk on cheap booze.

Attached Files:

21. SlowGrayAudi

Try the aggressive setup and change this.

Try softening the front springs 1 click. 2 clicks rear diff and df 3. Rear bar 3 or 4

Ill get some time in today after work so ill post mine. Ducts are important to get right to get the tire temps/pressure somewhat consistent