1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

AC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maserati 250f @ Nurburging

I'll take submissions for either the 6 or 12 cylinder version of the car, and you can drive any version of the Nurburgring you like.

Ideal PSI ?

AC MODDED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two cars to try out this time on what I can consider my home track, even though its nearly 4000km away from me lol.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1999-nissan-primera-btcc.3828/

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1998-bmw-320i-stw-btcc.32489/

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-gilles-villeneuve-montréal-québec-canada.4439/

ACC

[​IMG]

Season: 2019
    1. Car: Honda NSX GT3 EVO
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for single fastest lap
    3. Time of day: 13:00
    4. Track: Kyalami
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

I am going to let this combo run for 2 weeks to give everyone enough time to get some laps in.

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the correct car
    Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: correct track
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday Feb 12th 2022 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #254 Dec 4, 2021

3. AC 6cyl, Nurburgring GP (GT)
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-1-30_18-10-49.png
    Couple of laps to get the tyres sorted - 40psi all round, then banged in this one which is 4th place on RSR.

...... I'll be 'avin' me! ;)

4. AC 6cyl, Nurburgring GP (GT)
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-1-30_20-24-52.png
    1.2 secs up but still in 4th on RSR.

Here's my lap, with lock ups and some big skids :)

Great choice of car and track @Pretend racer !

5. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC Maserati 6 cyl
    Rod100
    PC

Tough one for me.

Side story: this week I received a video of a guy having his steering wheel detached from the column while turning into the Senna S at interlagos. I felt I had to share that with you, link below.

[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

6. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

And there is the difference between a racer and the rest of us.

I'd have been happy to get off the circuit and be still in one piece.

All that driver cares about is getting the wheel back on and getting back on the right clog.

I bet he owns a Kawasaki. ;)

Fantastic.

7. Excellent side story @Rod100
    That's amazing! Thanks for sharing

Emmanuel Tubbiolo and Rod100 like this.
  8. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC 6cyl, Nurburgring GP (GT)
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

I think I can do better but 2.29 Totall Wrytoff is very very good I think. Let's see...

Attached Files:

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  9. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC 6 cylinder Nurb GP(GT)
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10. AC 12cyl, Nurburgring GP (GT)
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-2-5_15-25-5.png
    I am slower in the 12 cylinder car.
    It is much more tricky in the 12 cyl. More tricky to to slow it and get into the apex, and then very much more tricky to manage the extremely poor relationship between power and grip on the way out.
    I've used almost the same set up for this as the 6 cyl, so I'll fiddle with that in the quest for more traction.

11. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Hey lads.

The plan is to get a PC but of course broke after Christmas.. I may found a solution as those prices are low but I know nothing about computers. I looked at the minimum spec you need for AC (first link) and it seems to match. Well I think. I gonna drop a couple of links if anyone fancy having a quick look. I know it's probably basic but hoping it's a good start. Thanks in advance.

https://www.assettocorsa.it/system-requirements/

https://www.microchoice.ie/sauron-r...YbPCQIxdhEucPxih0T-zYZVRte9pqOfgaAudVEALw_wcB

https://www.microchoice.ie/microchoice-f3-led-gaming-pc-gt-730-core-i5-240gb-ssd-windows-10-black

https://www.microchoice.ie/refurbis...gfdtfGnVKjiN58JOz4HoSXbnIflpdlYsaAqKqEALw_wcB

12. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    BMW, Gilles Villeneuve
    Peggy11
    1:45.960
    PC

bmw tc.png

A quick go, still need to fine tune tyre pressures etc.

13. Improvement
    AC 12cyl, Nurburgring GP (GT)
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-2-6_15-18-53.png
    Now faster in the 12 cylinder, by 0.054 of a sec!
    Only using 4 of the 5 gears made it easier.
    @Pretend racer , is there a prize for closest times? :D

14. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Hiya fella.

For me, and admittedly I’m new to the PC gaming world, I would wait a while and put a few more penny’s in the pot. Even if it’s just AC you’re going to play, your still laying down €300 on a machine that is already very restricted on what it will run.

To put a comparison out there - an Xbox Series S (not X) has much more umph than that selection and costs €260 approx. Plus it has the benefit of highly optimised software written for it which also bumps up that difference - take a look at how ACC will run once the ‘next gen’ version releases on the 22nd of this month - it will far outperform these. I know with AC you don’t get all the user generated mods, but it will be a very short lived machine with so many restrictions on what you will/will not be able to do.

But that’s just my two penneth for what it’s worth.

15. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:45.857
    PC

This is going to take some relearning. I’ve been in rFactor all week and jumping back into ACC is an assault on the senses. Not a fast opener, but an opener none-the-less and another week to improve - which is lucky!

Attached Files:

16. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Thanks a lot for your input TinPeach. It is disappointing but I rather now the truth... really want to be on PC though. Kind of obsessed with RSR. I would love to try going up the lather on a combo of my choice for example and also the races. Very difficult on console to have a clean one. Conclusion I'll have to save a bit..

17. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

I am rereading your post and I have one thought. What kind of restrictions do you think will happen with those cheap computers? Is it the frame rate? The quality of graphics? Or it will just not run properly? Sorry I really don't know anything about computers. Again my favourite exercise is hotlap, nothing fancy...

18. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I'm far from an expert myself, I heavily relied on help from the other forum guys who's knowledge is far greater than mine on the subject when I decided on my system, which was just a couple of months ago.

But, most of the above. You are going to be spending money, still a few hundred Euro's so not a small amount, on a system that will run AC in its rawest state, and then that's pretty much all (although I have no real idea how well they will run AC). Also consider what you will be using as a monitor.

But, that's only my thoughts. If all you are looking for is something to do this single purpose in its rawest form, then these may well do the trick. It just seems your return on investment will be pretty slim?

19. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Rod100
    PC

Tried for days with the aggressive setup plus some changes, but I couldn't keep the tail well behaved. Today tried the safe setup with lower TC and ABS settings and lower fuel, I felt much more comfortable, altough the car is understeery.[​IMG]

20. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

I'm not a computer expert either, but my considerations below.

AC is a game developed in 2013, so the recommended settings are today outdated. So I would disregard what's on their website.

Nowadays, the main culprit for PC high prices is the video card. A good one will be expensive, a cheap one will not deliver good performance. Recently I've seen a video of an expert suggesting that it would be better to buy a CPU with integrated video and not buying a video card, as a means to keep costs down. Check for example computers with AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (G for graphics) and NO video card, I'm not sure about price in your area for a PC like that, but it should be on the affordable side. Try to find out on the web how well this kind of PC runs AC and other titles. (I've seen it running ACC in minimum settings)

Later, if you want to upgrade to a better video card, then you can buy one and plug into your PC. Under this scenario, you also have to make sure that you have power available from the power supply.

Hope to have helped.

21. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Brilliant stuff. Thanks a bunch

Totall Wrytoff and Rod100 like this.