1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Welcome message on rack service server?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by myimac, Dec 24, 2015.

1. myimac

myimac Alien

anybody have any experience using this? I cant seem to get mine to work

SvenUilhoorn and TeamRSRGermany like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Welcome message link file Apr 2, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Welcome_message file type. Apr 1, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Adding a welcome message to server Oct 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Welcome messages Oct 13, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server launcher overwrites welcome message Oct 9, 2015
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Axiom Sim Racing - ACC League-[PC] Sundays 20:15GMT (Newcomers welcome) Sep 21, 2021
    ACC Blog Welcome British GT and release 1.7! Feb 9, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room LoPeN AC - Friendly 1967 F1 - Slowpokes and fasties welcome! Dec 1, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Skidmarks Motorsport Friday GT3 Championship - All Drivers Welcome Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Looking for Broadcaster! Youtube creators/twitch streamers welcome Aug 19, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Skidmarks Motorsport - Everyone welcome Jun 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC exploit, you are welcome Aug 31, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Welcome to the ACC Leagues Section Jun 13, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Please Welcome: RaceApp League Management Mar 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Welcome Kevin "Minolin" in KS Feb 22, 2018

3. myimac

myimac Alien

And as soon as I post... I get it working...

kofotsjanne, Sean and Andy-R like this.
  4. kevje

kevje Racer

Go on then, tell everyone what the problem was. That way everyone can learn :)

Rolf Kazamba and TDS like this.
  5. myimac

myimac Alien

It needs to be in the root folder with the server.ini file

On the welcome field on the server.ini file you need to put cfg/welcome.txt

That should make everything work

*ps. Any misinformation is down to my error

Rolf Kazamba, SvenUilhoorn and kevje like this.
  6. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

a little more detail, as I have two servers from RS and I too had to ask for help, but here is what I did.

created a folder at the root called motd

In that folder created a motd.txt and in there put what you want and save

In the server_cfg.ini file, I have this line: WELCOME_MESSAGE=motd/motd.txt

Works a treat

SvenUilhoorn and myimac like this.
  7. Arbuzzz

Arbuzzz Hardcore Simmer

You can set up your welcome msg in server/plugins/stracker/stracker.ini

[WELCOME_MSG]
    ; First line of welcome message text (if not empty, this text is sent a player when he enters the server
    line1 = Welcome to www.OSRW.com
    ; Second line of welcome message text (if not empty, this text is sent a player when he enters the server
    line2 = WEC 2016 LMP1/GTE
    ; Third line of welcome message text (if not empty, this text is sent a player when he enters the server
    line3 = Stage #5 Watkins Glen

8. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

but you are only limited to three lines on sTracker, Server message (untested) you can have as many lines as you like

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You can have as many lines as you like but there is a limit depending on the users resolution to what they will see. Best to set welcome txt to not need more screen the a 1080p single screen. My assumption is most would run at this res or higher, at first I made it to work on my 1440 res and for 1080 it missed the last few lines. ;)

kevje likes this.