1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What’s great in ACC so far! (A reminder thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by f.e.negroni, Jun 4, 2019.

1. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I’m opening this to remind ourselves (well, me most of all) of the great things in ACC. Some are not yet finished, some might require more polish than others, but the foundations and principles are all there:

In no specific order:

. Competition multiplayer button
    . Quick Join multiplayer button
    . rating system (SA sure, but all the others too)
    . track medals
    . special events with leaderboards
    . tyre and brake HUD widget
    . The sound!
    . tyre model
    . physics in general but aero and suspension in particular
    . On the graphics front, the feeling of elevation changes on some tracks
    . Speed of loading those tracks!
    . Laser scanned tracks
    . Weather
    . nite/day transition
    . Water puddles
    . Solid force feedback
    . Balance of power
    . Helicorsa
    . There’s AI to race against
    . You can race for 24 hours if you like!

There’s more but so far I’ve abandoned iRacing.

Btw, I’m a noob at SimRacing and nowhere near the fast times of aliens but enjoy multiplayer and haven’t accessed the server list since the quick join button.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars What’s your rig and FPS May 7, 2019
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions American DLC - One great track, still must have Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room 12 hr charity race for Great Ormond Street Hospital - hosted by RWB International Sep 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Would be great to do online races with Ratings turned off Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EGT Canada - Great racing and a superb community Feb 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Another great news for Quest 2 users, maybe works to Rift too. May 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Great Sim but is there a way to read out telemetry? May 26, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Great to see VirtualR sim racing website back in full swing May 29, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Great - I'm at the start line and it's raining. Now what? Apr 4, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Mouse controls seem to be working great! Feb 4, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Great visual of ACC's physics in real time... Jan 25, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP races are great! Jan 22, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event]Le Mans'66 -The Great Challenge Oct 29, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #142 – The first step to greatness Aug 18, 2019
    ACC General Discussions This game is great Jul 22, 2019

3. trutya

trutya Simracer

+1 much more cheap than iRacing :p but i also abandoned racing Raceroom and rf2 despite the whole loads of bugs... so addictive!

chksix and Son like this.
  4. Son

Son Hardcore Simmer

+1 from me also. I've abandoned Project CARS 2 simply for how good the sound, physics and everything really about this game is. Just need to sort those bugs, tell us how to do driver swaps and get that livery editor in and I'm sorted :)

5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

The tyre model deserves a special mention, after the change from the 0.7 to 1.01 the tyre model improved so much that it took me literaly 3 hours of struggling 3 seconds off the pace at spa until I finally understood how to make work the new tyre model. Kudos to Aris.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  6. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

Definitely the tire model, was racing last night on Spa, when my wets started to overheat, which affected my grip, left my ideal racing line to cool them off on the humid track and saw them drop in temp/pressure.

Attached Files:

• 0001.jpg
      0001.jpg
      File size:
      679.1 KB
      Views:
    DiRTMark, Coanda and Si. like this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

+1 also abandoned the game because of this one but sadlly i abandoned AC :D

I am huge fan of GT3 racing.. but to show how much i love this game... i spent in these 7 months almost the time i spent on AC in 2 years
    AC 660hrs in 2 years
    ACC 570hrs in 7 months :D

Arlo, MonzterPixel, p.g.49 and 9 others like this.
  8. trutya

trutya Simracer

570hrs... that's massive :D
    i have around the half of it... and it's not few aswell

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Good thread @f.e.negroni

Alongside the criticism and improvement ideas, we should keep the great things in mind that ACC has to offer.

You can add on-track commentators, full wheel control (no need for mouse and keyboard), colored smoke, fireworks, proper inlap, continuous free-of-charge driving and setup lessons to the list.

Si. likes this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Seen people with more.. lol

But to be on topic

Game does
    -Graphics (24h cycle, rain, tracks details, car detials.)
    -Each car having its own handling and feeling on the wheel.
    -Ffb in my opinion is great (when i spin i can feel car tiress scraping the asphalt all the details love it)

best of all FEELING OF RACING that is amazing. When you do a race and when you fight for positions when you know that even small mistake will loose you time and guy behind will catch up... when you see 20cars qualify inside of 1 second of difference in between them. Its crazy stuff. And that is what hooks me up with the game.. precision you have to have when racing and if you do longer races. Love it. Other thing its just bonus :)

EDIT : how could i forget... SOUNDS hollly f*
    Aston screaming or Bentley rattling... ohh boy...

DiRTMark, anthonylroy, chksix and 3 others like this.
  11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Same here, only numbers are a bit different, over 5000 hours since the beginning in AC, and 290h in ACC.
    Mate, you drive a lot ACC.

DiRTMark likes this.
  12. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

You mean as other people call it console ready game?? :D

13. Si.

Si. Simracer

- the CC rating deserves a special mention, it’s made me a better racer.
    - Safe and Aggressive setups that are generally very good right out the box.
    - the MFD, very useful!

Agree wholeheartedly with the tyre model comments, flat spotting is a nice addition ( unless you spin :)).

swigaffu, DiRTMark, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  14. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

Well it was useful last night when I was using the Windows Game bar and could control ACC while the overlay was showing.

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Yea i played other games next to the AC i was never hooked up to the game..played arma a lot and other stuff and AC was just chill time nords with random cars for a little bit and thats it.. did some racing with srs but never hooked me up.. as soon ACC got announced i was hooked.. graphics sounds rain night...since then i am citizen of the forums and i just keep on posting :D stoped playing arma (3000+hrs) to learn to be better driver in ACC

16. Turk

Turk Alien

I've only managed to put 50 hours into ACC, but that's happened only on bank holiday weekends. Like for most AAA games I'd have finished the game. With ACC I've barely scratched the surface.

one minus point for ruining AC, it feels flat now.

17. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

+2000 hours in AC since 2013 but....+500 hours in ACC already :D ... that means, to me, that ACC has many great things :cool:

18. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I’ve played ACC almost exclusively (note Kunos, you owe us some DLC, I can’t drive GT3 cars around the same 10 tracks forever but nor can I go back to any other sims now…..)

For me the stand outs are:

The feeling of driving – call it physics/FFB/whatever, what ACC captures better than anyone else is the weight of the wheel which really feels more like a real car than anything else I have touched.

The weather – Has it rained/is it raining/will it rain? – Forget your “pick a number of weather slots, then pick your weather for each one” etc. ACC has truly variable weather where you just don’t know what will happen….love it when we’ve all had a dry qualifying but come the race the track is suddenly damp from an intervening shower….wets or slicks?

The ratings – I think these have real potential to drive good driver behaviour and help keep those who don’t behave separate from the rest of us!

Keep it up Kunos

aotto1977, Cote Dazur, Son and 4 others like this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

All the above... + cool & engaging devs :cool:

mr Switchblade, Pheebau, Son and 2 others like this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

+ 5,700 hours on this forum :p:D

rycil, Son and D.Jankovic like this.
  21. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Don't interpret this as a rant because it isn't, it's a assertion, and for me what stands out is how unwilling I am to stop racing in ACC even without TrackIR, because it's something I struggle with continuously while trying to adapt to the lack of (it's not being easy), but still it don't keep me from racing in ACC whenever I can.

As Mike summed above, it's quite difficult to return to any other sim once caught by ACC.

steevee and f.e.negroni like this.