1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What a good test track

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Hotdog, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I remember SV saying the same and that although it's a great track its unique nature reduced its usefulness as an F1 test facility. He also though the lack of run off made it dangerous.

2. mister dog

mister dog Alien

Mine's Tsukuba. Not so much for top speed but that's easy enough to figure out. For cornering and comparing laptimes it's the best as it has a mix of slow tight corners and faster ones. + it takes only a minute to see if your laptime improved.

3. For me its Silverstone International, as its short enough to churn out laps and be consistent, plus its my 'go to' track so i'm quite comfortable there.

It also had good variety of corners, though no extremes; high speed turn 1, couple of slower ones, bumpy downhill link and a decent sized straight.

4. fabT

fabT Alien

Ok so i'll say Brands hatch, as nobody told it :D

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

SV?

6. Sebastian Vettel I guess.

I do remember Mark Webber saying something along the lines of how 1 lap of Mugello is far more exciting/satisfying to drive than 1000 Abu Dhabi laps :D Whilst I agree with him, Mugello is an amazing track, I wouldn't call it an ideal test track.

Mogster likes this.
  7. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

VIR really became my all time favorite track very quickly, that flow is just majestic.

8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Same here, also since GT5/6. It has slow hairpins, medium speed turns, fast sweepers, fast kinks, camber, elevation change, chicanes, and two decent length straights, pretty much everything you'd need to thoroughly test out a car. Plus we've all probably driven it so much that we can just hop in with any car and get around it comfortably from the off. And we have multiple configurations of it, the short course is almost as good for testing as the long course, for those times when you want to test a lot of things in a short period.

9. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

grobnik is a bad shout, it has low res track mesh, like 4 tri's across the width of the track, that is going to give very unrealistic suspension behaviour unlike any other track

10. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

11. Orne

Orne Alien

Ahh ok. I have no idea what that means but I will take your word. Even with the, as you say "low res track mesh" I do enjoy driving Grobnik.:D

12. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I use Bilster Berg :) It has everything for me; a couple of hairpins, fast corners, slow corners, huge amounts of elevation change and a lovely long straight. I am biased though :rolleyes:

bromstarzan likes this.
  13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yeah its a fun layout and nice visually, but id rather drive an ugly track with sensible mesh than a good looking one with low res one. also i think i ran into some fps issues on some sections causing it to be the final nail in its coffin :)

here is an example (albiet much worse than grobnik, i think this one is made of individual triangles stretching the width of the track vs 4 or so on grobnik)

more info on the subject here:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ack-making-plus-tips.27180/page-6#post-636262

14. I don't really understand the point in making a track if the terrain mesh resolution is crap.

Fat-Alfie likes this.