1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What am i doing wrong at the monza chicane?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rex, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Rex

Rex Racer

Lamborghini Huracan @ Monza. I feel I am wasting more than 1s at this chicane. WHat am I doing wrong? I can't even get bronze which is 1:50.00 (gold is 1:47.00...)

Man, Monza is hard. And those long straights don't help either, you just have more time to think about how you messed up the chicanes.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting "Fatal Error UE4 AC2" Absolutely no idea what i need to do or doing wrong? May 31, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Driver Stints: What am I doing wrong? Jan 9, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI pit stops - am I doing sth wrong or is this a bug? Dec 13, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Am I doing something wrong? Jun 5, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions What Am I Doing Wrong? Jan 14, 2020
    XBox One Discussions N2 carreer: am i doing something wrong? Mar 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Jan 17, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Am I doing something wrong? Multiplayer. Sep 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What am I doing wrong? Jul 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Tire wear always 99%, what am i doing wrong? Jul 9, 2015
    General modding discussion What am doing wrong? Feb 20, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Port forwarding (stuck on connecting to ip screen)- what am i doing wrong? Oct 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Not able to drift...can't firegure out what i'm doing wrong Jan 17, 2014
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Disqualified for not doing mandatory ? Jun 11, 2022

3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

From a quick look without sound and without being able to view full screen (I`m at work), I would say you`re braking too early, not using enough road (turning to tight) and not on the power early enough for the long straight.

The sooner you can mash the pedal out of that chicane, the better :)

4. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I've told you this before on similar thread. In the video you are not using the whole track. Keep it to the left (almost on the white line) untill you turn in. After the chicane you are way too late on power, use the track.

Anyway, here's my setup I got the gold time with. It's not perfect but worked for me. Good luck.

Attached Files:

MrDoku likes this.
  5. LeiF

LeiF Alien

All of the above ^^

Also, have you ever tried cockpit view? It makes it sooo much easier to appreciate where exactly you are positioned on the track and where all four of your wheels are. I predict you will find a couple of seconds if you get used to cockpit view. Your "eyes" are currently mounted on the front bumper, I really cannot stress enough how much more difficult it makes it to correctly position the car (i.e. Not in the middle of the track when you turn in to the slowest corner on the track!)

Good luck!

6. Not making use of the maximum amount of track is one of my faults when racing. I have a habit of drifting towards the apex of the corner before I have even arrived. It is something that I need to work on...

7. da1507

da1507 Simracer

I can't go below 1.53 with this car because I can't turn it. I went really mad and gave up driving Huracan. I'm good with R8, Z4, SLS and GT-R. Huracan just makes me feel very unskilfull.

8. Nao

Nao Alien

55km/h is your minimal speed through that chicane and it occurs right before exit, so you are driving it with a fast in slow out line (baaad). The trick to gain time there is to treat it as two corners, you sacrifice the speed and exit position at the first one to gain superior entry to the second one.
    So Brake a bit later, turn in much later from the green astroturf on the right (start the braking from the middle of the track with car pointing to the left so that you end your braking on it). Use minimal trailbraking (only enough brakes so that maximum grip goes toward cornering) - you want to turn as tightly as possible while still carrying a lot of speed through the first corner without sacrificing track position.
    Then depending on setup and driving style you can even throttle a bit between the turns - it can help with making the switch from turning right to left quicker which is very important too (be more aggresive) and then apply throttle even before the second turn apex. Proper line should give you enough road width to spare for almost full acceleration even without TC.

MrDoku and Franc Pisek like this.
  9. CamsX

CamsX Racer

10. Rex

Rex Racer

@Kade: thanks for the setup, I'll try it.

@da1507 I know how you feel, I have no idea how I made my best 1.51...

@CamsX Kade got gold on this so, I don't know (his setup is above). Besides, RSR leaderboards have been reset a few weeks ago, maybe that's why we don't see gold lap times.

@Nao I don't understand, why should I brake from the middle of the track and not position myself as left as possible and brake in a straight line?

Thanks guys, a lot to take in, I will try everything and get back with an update, maybe with a video if I manage to improve!

11. CamsX

CamsX Racer

12. Nao

Nao Alien

@Rex You do brake in a straight line, that's the point! Try to imagine a line where you finish braking on the green stuff on the left and brake in straight line, the only way to do that is to start closer to the middle, if you do it from the outermost line your left tyres are on the grass from the start. The biggest advantage here is that the braking is very safe, there is no way to put a tyre into the grass and you can concentrate on getting the most out of the braking.

The time loss of the few more degrees you have to turn the car in that corner is well offset by having larger turning radius by starting the corner further left than normally possible and more confidence from the driver (more precise entry).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    MrDoku likes this.
  13. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Kade got this achievement on October 12th, which was before GT3 cars were balanced by 1.3.4 update that came out on October 24th
    At that time Huracan was the fastest GT car at Monza and fast guys were doing sub-47 times. I doubt that it is possible now, so relax and wait for Kunos to fix this impossible achievement (and some others too)

14. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

I don't think your tires are at the optimum operating temperature?

15. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Seems like it might be that, I've tried this challenge yesterday and it took me about 2-3 laps to get the car to turn well.

16. Rex

Rex Racer

17. Simple, you're not trail braking into the chicane and carrying speed in. The fact you actually had to get back on the throttle before you'd hit the first apex says you are not carrying near enough speed in.

That FOV is horrible though. Very difficult to pick up fine details of positioning and car attitude.

18. Nao

Nao Alien

@Rex Pressures/temps look ok. If anything the problem would be the unscrubbed softs... In that video you have grip drop like driving on "green track" due to that. If you want to use softs, you have to do a warm up lap to get them to correct grip.

19. Rex

Rex Racer

@Guybrush Threepwood True, I did stab the throttle midway which is not good. And for some reason I can't drive in cockpit view. I used to at least have the nose of the car visible, but now I can't stand even that.
    @Nao Yep, I had 92% wear there...

20. Rex

Rex Racer

Jut tried again for about an hour. My best was 1.51.8. I didn't feel I did my best driving, but it would be hard to beat that. I don't know what to say, I have no idea how some guys are going below 1.50.

21. Rex

Rex Racer

Ok, so world record is now: Brazil - Ricardo Macieski 1:47.817 - 2015.11.15. 20:29.

It must be a trick in the setup? I don't understand how you can go to 1:47. The date proves it has nothing to do with the tyre model changes.