1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jakub Muszynski, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Hi,

What am I doing wrong? How can I improve to get better time? I know that I turned in too early at the Vale corner.

LeDude83 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting "Fatal Error UE4 AC2" Absolutely no idea what i need to do or doing wrong? May 31, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Driver Stints: What am I doing wrong? Jan 9, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI pit stops - am I doing sth wrong or is this a bug? Dec 13, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Am I doing something wrong? Jun 5, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions What Am I Doing Wrong? Jan 14, 2020
    XBox One Discussions N2 carreer: am i doing something wrong? Mar 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Jan 17, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Am I doing something wrong? Multiplayer. Sep 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room What am i doing wrong at the monza chicane? Nov 17, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Tire wear always 99%, what am i doing wrong? Jul 9, 2015
    General modding discussion What am doing wrong? Feb 20, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Port forwarding (stuck on connecting to ip screen)- what am i doing wrong? Oct 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Not able to drift...can't firegure out what i'm doing wrong Jan 17, 2014
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Disqualified for not doing mandatory ? Jun 11, 2022

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Your braking could be smoother, while use of downshift like that cause enginebraking and possible lookups.
    For example T1, stay in 6th, just brake to shift weight up front, coast for a second and back on throttle. That enginebrake down to 5th is bad.
    In general, stay a gear higher instead of shifting down 1 gear too low. Your problem is likely too much speed into corners, while slow exits.

As I always recommend: use the delta app!!!

4. schmron

schmron Racer

Don't increase steering angle if your car understeer. You are to fast, next lap try to brake a little bit more/earlier and then do it like Tberg wrote ;)

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  5. KZAQ666

KZAQ666 Gamer

Also, don't go to the throttle too soon. That makes the understeer caused by too high entry speed to get even worse. Don't go to the throttle before you are sure you don't need to get off it again, said someone once. Partial throttle can be a two-edged sword. Also apex later, almost every turn.

And yeah, the Z4 doesn't like going much above 8100, but it has a great midrange. Use it wisely.

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I believe that was Jackie Stewart on Top Gear when he tried to teach race driving to Captain Slow. :)

Jack Bancroft likes this.
  7. Turk

Turk Alien

I've found I need to be cautious at the higher rev range coming out of corners. We're sort of conditioned to think a high revving engine is a good thing but it's not alway good. Coming out of a corner I think it's no good being at the upper end of the revs when your at the apex of a corner, you've nothing left in the gear when it comes to powering out of the corner. Modern cars have so much torque these days that being at half revs at the apex of a corner isn't going to hurt you at all and is going to give you a nice drive out of the corner.

8. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

You are downshifting to soon, and in some corners probably could do the corner on a higher gear.

On T1 you may prepare better the car for the corner. Lower the speed before entering the turn and increase acceleration at full before hitting the apex so you carry better top speed through the exit.

9. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Plenty of good advice have already been said. Often the car reacts better if you turn in slowly and progressively instead of going front straight steering to 90° quickly, especially fast corners like Abbey or Copse. At Luffield you can go longer on the throttle and brake until mid corner since that's a long corner. When you reach your lowest speed too early into that corner you have to baby it all the way true losing several tenths. Like others already said, overall you should brake harder and a bit longer so your entry speed isn't too high and shift down slower in the braking fase. Focus on getting an earlier corner exit on the throttle. Setup wise it looks like your suspension is a bit too soft and unresponsive.

10. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

It is true that the car looks like resisting to turn in with lots of tire squealing, but it is not necessarily related to soft suspension. I'd rather fiddle first with coasting to get a more gentle turn in and gradually improve on keeping higher speed in corners.

11. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

Everybody has already been helpful and said all the things I would have said and more, so I'll just play my joke then...

What are you doing wrong?
    You're driving a BMW. ;)

[​IMG]

Phil64 and LeDude83 like this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Absolutely the downshifting thing! I did this for a long time, as well because it gives the car rotation due to the rears being on the edge of traction loss. But it will mess with your lines. You can clearly see how your car often wiggles and then settles as you power out of the turn.
    So as others say: use the higher gear, keep the whole car stable and make it turn with brake, accellerator and wheel instead of high-rev-locking of the rears.

13. magzire

magzire Alien

To much steering lock (looks way to sensitive), basically rubbing your front tires into the ground losing speed, need to be smoother. Slow in fast out. I suggest 900 degrees, looks like you have 450?

14. fabT

fabT Alien

You're basically overdriving.
    Keeping higher gears whenever possible and being more gentle on brakes / steering wheel will help.

Orne likes this.
  15. delete this post

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  16. Orne

Orne Alien

Overdriving is the first thing that came to mind after watching this clip.. Indeed !

17. Orne

Orne Alien

Compare your lap to these. In your video you appear to driving the car very hard. Whats your track temperature ? Tyre wear and damage disabled ?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  18. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

I think I've said this before? My fastest times seem to happen when I'm lot pushing it for all I've got. One word comes to mind when watching these videos, 'smooth'.

19. alex72

alex72 Alien

Sometimes when it feels like you are going slower - you are actually going faster (Jackie Stewart again lol). Earlier braking (dont always need slamming but also smoother earlier braking can make you faster), go for the apex and while doing so feed the throttle lightly/slowly until you feel you have grip enough to go full again. This instead of: slam brakes, coast through apex and then go bananas with throttle. But you have to learn the car and the track which can take a whole bunch of laps. A whole bunch of laps of driving in the new style. To find the angles, the brake points and the grip. Sometimes i find a new angle after many laps and see my delta fly. Getting into a groove that is there but can be hard to find. Especially if changing combos constantly.

There is so much detail in AC that it takes practice to learn the cars and the tracks. And it can take a while, but its a fun journey.

Morning blabber, but hopefully some useful tip (that wasnt already mentioned). :)

20. * T1 - take more inside curb
    * T3 - take a later turn in
    * Entry to maggots/beckets combo - take more curb on right on entry
    * You really screwed the pooch into Vale - turn in much later and stick to the left then cut across the curb on the right allowing you to get on the power much sooner - you'll loose time on entry but gain much more in the middle and exit of this corner combo.

I didn't think there was too much wrong with your driving style, everyone is an individual and different things work for different people. You probably could do with some setup changes as well - try making the rear of the car a bit stiffer.

:)

21. Monza - medium tires - 1:52:855