1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

what are the rules for 3 wide?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShimonART, Apr 14, 2017.

1. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

what driver has to give up the spot and where is it best to be in that kind of situation? inside, middle or outside?

pic for attention :D :p

[​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Career-Endurance Rules - Questions Jul 22, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Oculus changed the rules apparently? Oct 7, 2018
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Maserati MC20 GT2 Tracion Control Cut (TC2) reported via Shared Memory API Feb 6, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023

3. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

I personally will brake way earlier if I'm in the middle, just cause I can sustain damage from both sides. and then hope that the two other m0r0ns crashes together :p

Methee, Alberto Llinares, TDS and 9 others like this.
  4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

a man with a vision ... :D

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  5. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

They say the middle one has most fun. :D

6. mms

mms Alien

Depends on what kind of drivers are involved. If you know that you can trust the other drivers (an MR-AB server is a good place), just hold your line. Otherwise follow @Mathieu Labbé's advise, I'd even say break early no matter your place in the sandwich.

Here's some screenshots from last weekend's StreetFight server showing awesome threesomes :D
    Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_ks_silverstone_8-4-117-18-59-59.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_ks_silverstone_8-4-117-18-53-11.jpg

Hagen, AvGas and donShere like this.
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

If i'm not on the inside I would normally back out of a situation like that. Not worth the risk. Sometimes I would still go for it though, especially if I know the other players.

8. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Avoid like the plague as it's usually going to end in disaster... as per your pic @ShimonART ;)

esox71 likes this.
  9. Jebus

Jebus Alien

The first thing came to my mind from the title was, 'Leave her!'.:oops:

LChaves likes this.
  10. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

If I'd be the inside one, then I'd keep inside through the turn as much as I can till the exit. If outside then probably would brake early and sacrafice position for better exit speed. No idea about the middle lol

Would take inspiration from this:

fragment starts at 0:38

Tomcul and Chazz Ranger like this.
  11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Totally this... and when in the middle, I'd say it's all about who on either side of you brakes first - or more aptly, who has the cojones to brake latest :D

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It got worse! Seems like about half the races there have a pile up at that turn.

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 3.30.53 PM.png

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

All depends on who your racing, in a pub server its usually 3 or 4 wide into t1 but 2 of them are already going backwards. ;)

With good drivers its possible but still not many corners you can enter apex and exit 3 wide that isn't an oval, so someone will need to back out and this will vary situation to situation. Its a very desperate move and in most cases I would try to avoid it as the chance of ending badly is pretty high. All you can really do is hold your line and hope the others do, a small error by just one of the 3 drivers will likely take out all 3 so id back myself more to let the other 2 have the corner and get them later in the race assuming they make it that far.

ShimonART and Hagen like this.
  14. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

The answer to your question is simple, each has to hold his line.
    However as others said most corners will make that a tricky thing to do, so i would try to get out of it in advance in most cases.
    It might work on wide, big radius corners around trusted drivers.

mms, Ace Pumpkin and martcerv like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Exactly, the middle guy needs to leave room for both cars on either side at all times while they are overlapped. The inside and outside guys need to leave a minimum 2 car spaces and all need to adjust speed and nail the line to ensure they can make it around the corner safely. They will also need to leave a little margin as we all aren't perfect and if one guy makes a small error then all 3 will likely be done.

You need to consider who your 3 wide with, are both the other guys likely aware they are 3 wide. Are all 3 of you capable of holding the intended line, do the other guys care if they likely cant even pull the move off and simply wreck both cars. Are you in a position worth the risk or better off just waiting for a better opportunity and backing out of the move in some way, 3 wide I have done in straights a bit mostly when in a battle and also lapping a slower car. Rarely is it a 3 way fight for position but it does happen, if your in the worst position usually outside then odds of not losing both spots if the other 2 continue on with the move are pretty slim.

Hagen likes this.
  16. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I think it depends a lot on the type of corner.

LATE4APEX

17. esox71

esox71 Alien

What happens when you TRY it up the inside @2:35.....

18. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Nice pics, and I agree. All depends on what corner and mostly who is involved. Many create mayhem and can't be trusted in an effin straight line. In Eau Rouge for instance with people I don't know I back off and try to get a better exit to overtake on the Kemmel Straight. Otherwise I like nothing more than take the challenge I try to reach to exit the corner all 3 unscathed, Eau Rouge 2 max tho :) Too safe is too boring. It'd too often give me a worse feeling for chickening out than to try a fun challenge ahead and screw up, especially if you know the people you're racing with are more for having fun rather than where they finish.
    If you didn't knew you'd swear Verstappen was in that blue car.

mms and esox71 like this.
  19. LChaves

LChaves Hardcore Simmer

20. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

I didn't mean to post the above though, I guess it stayed and sneaked in with my reply to esox. Wrote that yesterday but decided not to post because it all depends on too many factors to give a general answer. On the example of the OP which can be seen in action near the end in esox's video it's clearly the blue car's fault for diving in that gap. Even going two wide there is asking for trouble IMO. Better set up for a good exit on the straight. If the two outer cars went side by side through that tight corner they'd both wouldn't have a great exit, while the blue car could've profit from that to set up for an optimal exit.

esox71 and mms like this.
  21. esox71

esox71 Alien

Could never understand the lets go around this corner holding hands mentality, I for one if I'm not gonna make the pass I'll let off and tuck in behind.
    Your only gonna slow yer self's down, I can count the drivers in one hand who will do the same.

Sleeper Service likes this.