1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What are 'tyre blankets' and why do i need them?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Biscuits, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Biscuits

Biscuits Rookie

Questions in the title I guess. It's just that I'm worried they might be similar to the 'sky hooks' that the mechanics used to make me go and collect from the store room when I did my school work experience at a BMW garage.

Queequeg and Thomas Cameron like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career - Bonus objectives not awarded. Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Maserati MC20 GT2 Tracion Control Cut (TC2) reported via Shared Memory API Feb 6, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Servers are offline Jan 27, 2024
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Chit Chat Room we are in the design of a force feedback pedals. Jan 20, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Career Duration Setting? Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career Oct 22, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Fanatec Arena Settings Oct 10, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clear Calibration software logitech - anyone have this? Oct 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting GPU consumption rise if you enter menu options while water trails are rendered Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars McLaren 720S GT3 EVO -dashboard - TC and ABS wrong on startup Aug 10, 2023

3. Leemstradamus

Leemstradamus Hardcore Simmer

They are there to keep heat in the tires. So when they are first put on they already have heat in them instead of being at the ambient temperature.

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Is used to pre-heat tyres so when you're on track you can start pushing hard from the start. It also avoids tyre damage such as graining. Enter practice without tyre blankets with mechanical damage on and open car physics app. Then if you spin too much the rear wheels with cold tyre, the graining sky rockets. So gotta be really careful or use tyre blankets. Racing teams use them all the time.

5. iVG

iVG Alien

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Then Kunos should really have tyre blankets on by default when you pick the pro setting.

7. I wasn't aware that using tyre blankets was even an option in Assetto Corsa!

8. Arti

Arti Gamer

Pro Teams don't use them all the time. Some series allow them, others don't. Thats why you go careful on your outlap.

9. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Tyre blankets option is there but everytime i try them they are not heating up the tires.
    I assume they are broken.

IGORN and Biscuits like this.
  10. gahorneck

gahorneck Gamer

Some find them useful in Autocross racing. Since you might have 20 minutes between your runs, you need every bit of heat retained for the next run.

When I was an underground miner, the new help was sent on an long journey to the surface in search of a "hole puller". "Damn! I drilled too many holes! Go to the surface and ask at the tool window for a hole puller."

Biscuits likes this.
  11. MrGiggly

MrGiggly Racer

Bring me a bucket of steam and a left handed screwdriver.

Biscuits likes this.
  12. Biscuits

Biscuits Rookie

I've always left tyre blankets switched on (default) My first lap always seems skittish anyway though that might be me warming up as much as the tyres.

Those holes can be a pain remove, glad someone developed a tool to extract them.

Queequeg likes this.
  13. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

I found that you need to get in to the pits one time at least in hotlap mode, then the tires will be up to 80C from the start.

IGORN and Epocx like this.
  14. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Don't forget the elbow grease and the ratchet it's a wee bit bigger than a moosechet . .;)

15. Zooke

Zooke Gamer

Not working on FA010.

16. Zooke

Zooke Gamer

Tried this, the tyres were indeed 80 degrees when driving out of the pits, but when I restarted the session they were back to 26 again :(

Epocx likes this.
  17. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

Dont forget your board stretcher

Biscuits likes this.
  18. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

'cause you cut it twice and its STILL too short!

19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I've tested tyre blankets and like others said, when you start hotlap the tyre temps still low. Only when I select go back to pits they raise to 80ÂșC. But tyre blankets work when starting a race, with hotlap mode no.

About graining and tyre blankets in the game, the behavior is not the same for all types of cars/tyres. For example gt3 cars like the mp12, when pre heated tyres to 80, it won't cause graining at the start. But take the lotus exos s1 with tyre warmers from the pits and you'll get graining if you wheel spin. This happens because the tyres from this car aren't at optimum temp yet. I don't know if the warmers should be adapted to the optimum temps for each compound, or just give you a standard temp, and then you adapt to it on the track, but quickly, since it's already close to optimum temps, but for some cars you'll still need to watch out for graining even with warmers on.

Epocx likes this.
  20. WallyM

WallyM Alien

If a server allows tyre warmers in its config, does it automatically turn them on for all players on the server, or do individuals still have to turn on tyre warmers in their own game settings as well?