1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What do you think about windshield visibility in the rain ?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mantasisg, Sep 17, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I just tried turning off wipers in the storm, I think it looks really kool, makes visibility a lot worse when you have darker view ahead, and worse the rest of the time, also really epic how it seems to be responding to G forces !

Haven't tested in the rain with spray to check if being in the spray makes it much worse yet.

I think unless that car has very great defog and humidity control system, the windshield lacks gaining fogyness.

What do you think about this kool feature ? :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds flashing position board on windshield Dec 10, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong windshield stickers Oct 12, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No rain effect on the windshield with light rain Mar 21, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions What has happened to the rain on the windshield of the car??? Sep 7, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars non see through broken windshield at night AMG Jul 25, 2020
    ACC Audio Windshield Wiper Sound activated when turning right May 12, 2020
    Screens & Videos Windshield greyed out. Feb 1, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Grey windshield in 1st person mode, cant see Jun 26, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Wipers not cleaning windshield sometimes Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual damage windshield problem in VR Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No dirt on windshield Dec 7, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No rain effects on windshield Nov 17, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AUDI R8 LMS 2016 no windshield banner in interior view Jun 29, 2017
    Bug reports Shelby Cobra windshield reflects tarmac Feb 18, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Audi S1 E2, road reflection in windshield banner Feb 14, 2017

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

They do have AC by the rules.
    We looked onboards and asked drivers, it's barely an issue... but yeah never say never

D_Rod, rainey06au, Ischemica and 7 others like this.
  4. I was misreading that in the first glance, but then it should read ACC, shouldn't it :)

5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

hhah true, I didn't thought about it when I wrote it... what have we done! :D :D

Kopiller, trucidatio, mms and 2 others like this.
  6. I've to turn the effects to mid to get stable FPS. So no clue about raindrops at the windshield :mad:

Loren Thomas likes this.
  7. LRM

LRM Simracer

It would be cool if they can add some dirt into the water accumulation :cool:, just saying as am not really in position to suggest anything. :oops:

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Do you have any example for that, I don't know what you mean.

A bit of semi-off-topic :D My good old Opel Omega has worlds most scratched windshield ever. When I drive through light source, or towards a car at night, the light gets bounced all over the place by the scratches, that I literally can't see anything :/

9. LRM

LRM Simracer

@mantasisg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's a little bit extreme but just to get the idea.
    especially when you are behind cars pouring water at your windshield, water shouldn't be so clean.

Fremen_78 likes this.
  10. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Dont these cars have a pretty good coating on the windscreen? Dirt shouldnt stick that well i think

Turk likes this.
  11. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

In storm condition, by night the water sprays of cars front of us, look maybe too bright (too opaque) ?

"What do you think about windshield visibility in the rain"

It looks fine.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    dermonty, Deatroy and nfsw55 like this.
  12. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Light reflecting on water only real solution is drive without headlights :p

13. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

It's a solution :)

Ok, same impression for me.

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Just drove a race with the AI in storm, that effect when you turn on/off lights and spray illuminates is really epic, even illuminates in daytime. I don't find spray to be very difficult in any way.

rainey06au and BEsnake like this.
  15. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I also thought, that the refelction of the spray might be a little too bright in the night
    And because of it, I indeed drove with the head lights off on occasion

I'm really not sure though, I know irl shining your high beams into thick fog is also quite disturbing, so might as well be irl as it is now depicted in ACC.

KRoman47 likes this.
  16. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

Yea i think its pretty normal for it to be that bright atleast from what ive seen in real life and race cars trow up alot more water
    The bigger problem is the ai randomly stopping for no reason in wet weather that together with the blinding from the spray is a recipe for crashes.
    Its hard to see if its possible to race in the spray with the ai being silly

KRoman47 likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Depends what you call difficult but I cant see much like this, not that there is anything wrong with it but its a bit easier to see reference points on a dry track in the sun. :D

[​IMG]

Schnipp, Deatroy, nfsw55 and 2 others like this.
  18. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

exactly situations like this one had me turn my head lights off
    @Aristotelis, please tell us, is this what it really looks like when you shine your head lamps into the spray?
    Not that we complain, its EA and all, but heck, its really hard to drive along like this.
    Maybe there is an issue still with the rear lights of the car in front not showing through the spray, when in reality they might still be visible to give you some guidance?

BEsnake and KRoman47 like this.
  19. BEsnake

BEsnake Racer

That might be it or it should atleast have atleast some kind of slight red glow on braking. Not sure whzt the point is of the rear rain light if you cant see it trought the spray
    Then again could realy be that bad in real life

Dont races in these kind of situations get red flagged pretty fast? Like the storm

20. chakko

chakko Alien

I'm sure it is on their to-do list already. Totally agree, it is pretty undrivable, when you drive behind the spray.

21. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

In real life , they would for sure stop the race alltogether under such conditions...
    But you know how it is...real race drivers nowadays, driving along with power steering and air condition (according to Aris) they are just to spoiled for comfort:D
    Just not the same breed as real sim racers, driving in their pyjamas, and with the head lights switched off:D