1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What do you think about windshield visibility in the rain ?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mantasisg, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Raklödder

Raklödder Simracer

However currently the "water splashes" coming from the car in front of you seem to pulsate, instead of being a steady stream of water.

It doesn't happen all of the time, but it's a bit more noticeable when you drive maybe 5-10 meters behind the car in front of you.

reidz, nfsw55 and mantasisg like this.
  2. tow

tow Racer

Can you guys bring back dirt effect on wind shield like AC1 ? Its really looks real.

3. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

So you mean, in addition to the spray, the blinding, the water on the windscreen, and the fogging up effect that has been suggested, you now want some dirt textures on the windscreen on top of all that?

Lol, I'll end up driving in chase view:confused:

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Do that, crybaby :D

If you would have ever driven the real car in rain in a highway, you'd know how it is.

Some moments it gets really bad, and I mean really. Perhaps it is kool not to have it that bad in a sim, because IT IS HARD :D (I like it hard though, but not everyone). Also more stuff, more load for performance. Fps drops and stuttering is something we definitely wouldn't like to have "on top" :D

Regarding spray getting bright in because of headlights. It is not reflecting light, it is abosrbing the light and spreading through the cloud of spray in all directions.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yeah, there is something like that.. Maybe it is because there are different levels of water in particular places. But that pulsation it is a bit strange at a times.

Raklödder likes this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

I know you can get stuff for the outside of your windscreen that repels water, I've used it before and it's great, water runs straight off the windscreen and you barely have to use wipers. The screen doesn't seem to get as dirty either, nothing sticks to it.

I'm pretty sure there's an anti fog stuff for the inside of the windscreen, it may even be the same stuff as for the outside of the windscreen.

I don't know about fogging on the windscreen, it may be a step to far in immersion. Maybe a build up of crap on the windscreen would be ok, and it's cleaned off in a pitstop, but it seems like a lot of work for very little payoff, it might be the first thing turned off by most people because it just makes it unplayable.

BEsnake and mms like this.
  7. baboon

baboon Alien

People will probably find ways to tone down or even disable the spray for online competizioni :(

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yeah... I suppose there is just going to be so... However IMO they will always know that they did something "smart" to get where they are. I rather not be very high, but condident that i did everything proper way, and I will also have the best experience, which at the end is what counts the most IMO :)

baboon likes this.
  9. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, right, and some of the water particles spread some of the light directly back at you, and that is the reflection I'm referring to, the amount of which I'm currently not sure if not slightly overdone.

10. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Yeah it goes really bright, I don't know if it is too bright, bit it definitely is messing up your view. I don't know if it is too bright, maybe it is. I think it should be so bright, but maybe not through whole body of spray. If it was so intense irl, it would mess up your exposure, I think. I still somehow was able to stay on the track :D Even avoiding AI when they stops lol

BEsnake likes this.
  11. aaaape

aaaape Racer

I think driving in the rain at night is pretty spot on. I find using the lower of the 2 headlight settings makes the glare a little more bearable, same as using your low beams when driving in fog.

12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Empty Box mentioned in his first impressions, that by turning settings down, you can get perfectly clear windshield in rain. Obviously that should be not the case (as he pointed out) in a competitively aimed game. Perhaps it should just "fog" up on lower setting (just one gray transparent tint, which doesn't affect performance but blocks visibility the same amount as high settings raindrops would)

Overall he liked the implementation of rain, saying it's the best in any sim at the moment

Rehooja and Loren Thomas like this.
  13. plaid

plaid Alien

Speaking about visibility, could someone tell me if there is at least one car with the banner on the windscreen being transparent or even gone?

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

Empty Box is always really kool. I'm looking forward for the next part.

@plaid I don't think so, but if you lack some view and you are with single screen, you can adjust your seat position and FOV.

@ShredatorFIN on the second thought, perhaps it should be done. But we have to think about some things. First of all we don't want to have wet races, when lots of kids will crash in first laps, burst in tears and will never race in rain again. So if some people will feel too weak, then let them have that exploit. On the other hand some greedy guys who are super fast will use the exploits to get even faster. There is definitely a situation there. But night+storm+headlights+spray is probably the only situation in ACC when you are really struggling to get some view, so I don't think ACC is too hard with spray visibility.

15. Turk

Turk Alien

As far as I know that windscreen banner is part of the skin, so it should be easily removable once we can use our own skins.

16. plaid

plaid Alien

I know about the seatposition, but racecars - tintops of course - often have a allready fairly limited visibility, while the Lambo is one of the worst.
    Its really not good if you use a small to medium single screen and the regular cockpit view, cause you don't see much besides the car and it feels slower.
    I usually pick the Audi in AC or PC2 cause its one of the few with a slim A-pillar+rollcage and a big windscreen.
    It was amazing difference picking the Porsche GT3 with a non transparent windshield banner and one without, especially on Bathurst!

Well that would be nice, but Im not sure if it was AC or PCars2 - I believe AC - where that part of the windscreen is generally covered by a texture in the model.

Anyway, thx.

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I would like to have dirt build-up (and cleaning during pitstop) implemented in ACC, in the dry as well. Windscreens can get REALLY dirty in endurance racing and drivers do mention that as one of the challenges.

Kopiller likes this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

There is always competitive people like that, who use all advantages that aren't literal cheating. Especially if there will be some eSports, with actual prizes involved. Or to work their way up to those circles, every "tryhard" will turn it off, to get that small advantage. Kind of like in online FPS games every competitively minded player turns settings on low, to see enemies better

19. mantasisg

mantasisg Racer

I can imagine it should be considered as rather silly in eSports, "I need to turn off FFB, and lower graphics. Please." :D Not awesome.