1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

what do you think? Geforce GTX 480 Sli or GTX 760? Pls help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by tkrisz2, Nov 20, 2013.

1. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Im planing to upgrade my gpu but i dont really know which option would be the better. another GTX 480 on sli, or a GTX 760? what do you guys think? Which would be better in performance, etc? thanks for the help! :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting GeForce GTX 3080 1.8.4 low FPS 20-25 FPS [Resolved by removing Citrix Workspace] Nov 30, 2021
    Chit Chat Room 2560x1440 or 1920 x 1080 with a GeForce GTX 860M? Sep 10, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Black screen with geforce gtx 970 Nov 6, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Pny xlr8 geforce gtx 660 - graphics card - gf gtx 660 - 2 gb gddr5 - pci express 3.0 x16 - 2 x dvi, Jun 26, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Geforce GTX260 Card Support Nov 17, 2013
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Multiplayer bug (Geforce Now) Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC on GeForce NOW! Jan 12, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Question about Graphics suggestion in GeForce Experience (Texture, Materials and Foliage) Jun 7, 2019
    ACC User Interface GeForce Experience - no FPS counter Nov 16, 2018
    ACC Virtual Reality Geforce Experience recording: Insane flickering Oct 16, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Game doesn´t show up in Geforce Experience Sep 13, 2018
    ACC General Discussions NVIDIA GeForce preview, interview Jul 15, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is there anyone running AC with a GeForce 9600 Graphic on win 7 ? Feb 5, 2018
    Chit Chat Room GeForce 388.13 Oct 31, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Graphic messed up after updating Nvidia Geforce driver Jan 15, 2017

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Not really the place to ask bud. Have you got a league/game forum you are a member of that can help go through what you need for the money you have at hand? If not look at the prices on a respected website and then check the difference between ATi and nVidia and then make your choice. As for SLi or new card, new cards are usually much better at the job that their older counter parts. That is only my opinion, many will have different, that is why I would say go ask your online community (the recommended hardware section gives you a hint at what Kunos believes you need). :D

4. RaceBump

RaceBump Gamer

1 760 will out perform 2x 480's in just about any test, and save you a bunch of power consumption as well. The 760 is a easy choice here.

tkrisz2 likes this.
  5. Nuno P

Nuno P Gamer

760, but if you can invest +50-60€ get the 770

tkrisz2 likes this.
  6. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

I just want to know the opinion of the community, i wanna upgrade because of AC, so im curious what other users think, maybe there are some people out there who can tell more like a comparison on a site.

7. RaceBump

RaceBump Gamer

I personally have a GTX 670 now and float around 80-90 FPS at 1920x1080 with everything maxed and Shadowplay recording, however I typically keep it locked with vsync. During which, the FR never dips.

I had a 6950 previously and I had to make sacrifices to keep the FR around 60 and it wasn't as smooth as it did dip. That is in line roughly with the GTX 480. Having come before that from GTX 460's in SLI, I can tell you that the 4 series throws off a lot of heat. Multiply that by 2 and I had a year round space heater near my feet.

Plus you get extra stuff like much better power management (saves some coin) and Shadowplay, all while the 480 will still fetch a reasonable price on eBay. You know what to do.

tkrisz2 likes this.
  8. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Thanks guys the advices, realy aprpeciate!! :)

9. Horus

Horus Alien

I was not trying to be balshy tkrisz2, it's more useful to have a good chat with people you know and respect then check online for the best option for yourself. Good to know you got an idea of what you need to do though. :)

10. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

I know that :) One of my good friend suggested the 760, and then i check a lot of option before i had chosen this 2.
    Then open the thread, because,( we have a saying in Hungary) "more eye, more view" or something like this..:D

Horus likes this.
  11. toffytofik

toffytofik Gamer

tkrisz2, if you're not satisfied with the performance of your 480, then by all means, get rid of it! It's a powerful GPU but well known as a hugely flawed design in terms of efficinicy, therefore sli'ing them is a really bad idea! 760 or add up for 770!
    Then again, i think 480 should be plenty to run AC with high settings on a single FHD screen.

tkrisz2 likes this.
  12. Powerjugs

Powerjugs Rookie

This I can agree with. As I have a slightly later model of the i5 I can get a higher FPS but generally speaking that's around the average FPS for me.

13. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Im really satisfield with the 480 its a really good card and worth the money, but getting old.., i have realtively high fps, even on triple screen, if setting are low aprximately around 110+, my main setting is AF 4, AA 4, 4240X1050, cubemap low, faces 6, shadows low, fps caped at 60, with these settings its the best graphically and performance as well, but i have stutter, what annoys me.
    In other games i use softth but i cant in AC, because softth only supports dx9 games. I have to edit the video.ini and the triple screen only works in window mode(i think thats why the stutter but not sure).
    so i wanna a proper way to TS, and better performance, because there are some games where i dont get satisfying fps on TS!