1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What does everyone think about the graphics in this youtube comparison video?

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by Daniel Moore, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore Rookie

Hi all,

I'd be interested to hear what everyone thinks of the difference in graphics and graphics engines between ACC, PC2 and R3E - I know overall the R3E engine isn't the best but looking at this follow cam I'd say the car model is more detailed, there's better world lighting and there's a greater sense of weight to the car. What are your thoughts and what do you think Kunos could/should do to improve their version in game?

Leynad likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay damaged AI car doesn't pit and ruins the race for everyone Feb 25, 2020
    Steering wheels discussions Does everyone's T300 do this? Aug 31, 2016
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC User Interface View settings doesn't get saved anymore [A/V intervention] Mar 9, 2024
    ACC General Discussions GT4... but does the bop exist? Dec 29, 2023
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Does xbox one version become x/s optimised version? Nov 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting game does not start or even launch Nov 19, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Does anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals DDoes anybody know where Fanatec stores its brake settings? Sep 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cheating, does it happen, is it possible on Xbox Sep 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023

3. Leynad

Leynad Racer

Every time i drove the Bentley in RR i thought, this car drives awful and was wandering some people are pretty fast with it. The Bentley in pCars 2 is probably the most easy to drive front-engine GT3 and i liked the handling. The ACC-Bentley is certainly my favorite today and is more forgiving like in pCars 2. And both have the same issue: they are a bit too slow to be competitive and probably both will end in choosing rather a BMW or AMG if you want the front-engine-handling.

4. Stains

Stains Simracer

IMO Graphically Kunos just need to deliver a better AA solution and optomise for VR and id be happy . Oh , and add more cars and tracks :p
    It looks great otherwise .

g1oomey likes this.
  5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is a very good sound comparison video.
    But you can't really use this video to compare graphics, as ACC is on the lowest settings and doesn't even have shadows enabled.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Cornflex, Dookie, D.Jankovic and 15 others like this.
  6. fabT

fabT Alien

That's the very first thing i noticed.
    Almost no shadows there, it does not look like that on epic or even high settings.

All i can say is imho ACC has best asphalt, but possibly the worst trees :p.

Anyway, how do PC2 or R3E compare to this, eventually ?

[​IMG]

;)

( Sorry for low res )

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  7. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

My ACC looks nothing like the ACC shown in the video. If i max everything out ACC beats the other two already now in its 0.2.1 state graphically, sound and physics wise. The lighting in R3E is very poor in comparison. it's a baked in time of day, the contrasts are not very good either. Of course it looks polished as hell and has a coherent image quality, but keep in mind that this game is already out years now and is constantly worked on and brought to perfection. pcars 2 too out for a year and had seven major patches (though in this video graphically it's not maxed out, mine has zero aliasing for example. if i would make a bold guess: the video aims to make r3e shine.

D_Rod likes this.
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

ACC looks best of the three imo. Although the YouTube channel owner said in comments that none of the games are maxed, it was just audio comparison. But I own those 3 games, and ACC looks best. All weathers/times of day look great, where as in pCars 2 some look great, some look unnatural (lighting isn't quite right). RaceRoom has great sound, but visually it's not even a contest. It looks alright in the limited conditions it has (especially new tracks) but conditions aren't dynamic

But I wish ACC could get some framerate upgrades (optimization). Especially mirrors (and shadows) seem to be hard hitting FPS wise

th3o likes this.
  9. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

From what i see in the comments there is heavy R3E fanboyism going on anyways, so don't bother :)
    Honestly i think ACC is soundwise also ahead of R3E, it has more nuances. R3E is a great sounding sim no doubt.

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Not all cars in R3E are that "special" when the car doesn't sound that exciting by nature. It's just some cars like Zakspeed Capri that create the reputation (imo). But not nearly all of them sound particularly exciting, ACC has realistic and detailed sound so far, with the cars it depicts.

th3o likes this.
  11. Rehooja

Rehooja Simracer

Not really nice to ask people to compare graphics on a video that was meant to be used as an audio comparison video.

Anyways, thanks for sharing the video :)

12. Dani

Dani Rookie

In graphics one thing everybody would agree is ACC is blurry, and seeing RRE in the same video, wow that's crispy bacon.

13. xemxem

xemxem Rookie

I don't care who made this video, I can call this video is a hoax because ACC option is low.
    the most option that impacts graphically in ACC is post process and shadow. none of that was on.

14. Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore Rookie

Can some moderator from Kunos close this thread please it's not relevant to the game and offers nothing new please close it now!!

15. Naondave

Naondave Racer

Come in to get some new info instead it’s childish trolling.

Hi everybody.

16. D_Rod

D_Rod Gamer

Why are the graphics on ACC set to low?

17. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Take some time to understand forum rules.

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Just before it's closed could the creator have a look at this.

[​IMG]

FYI this is why your other post was locked I think

19. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

sound is great in ACC (cockpit sound needs to be muffled a small bit) but not impressed with the GFX

20. esox71

esox71 Alien

TBH, ACC seems like the car is hovering above the ground on chase cam, other look at move like there on the ground?

21. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Check the posts above yours..read the whole tread is is not that big.

TLDR: ACC on video is not runing on EPIC or even HIGH settings. Shadows are off, and bunch of other stuff.. that is why the game looks **** on video.