1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

What is the best way to improve your driving?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Pretend racer, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

"Pit yourself against the world's best in the Weekly Hotlap Challenge!"

[​IMG]
    • Posted every Saturday at 1800 BST in the Console Lounge
    • We especially welcome those on PC. The PC Forum is blocked to those on consoles, we use the Console Lounge so all can post and take part.
    • Join a great community
    • Get tips and advice from the fastest drivers on RSR - Improve your driving and cut seconds off your lap time
    • From WHC 185 there will be an ACC weekly Challenge too

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions What is the best way to improve your ACC rating? Jun 8, 2019
    XBox One Discussions Best Track Settngs For Improved Performance..? Sep 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Improve my graphic setting to the best Jul 13, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Best lap time missing from Single Player tracks PC version Oct 23, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions What best IA your training? In aggressive? Oct 21, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars best 911cup and lambo ST liveries Oct 17, 2020
    Console Lounge Best G920 settings Oct 12, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Which GT4 Cars Are People Setting The Best Times With? Oct 3, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room best cloud servers? Sep 27, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions What would make ACC be the best sim on console? Sep 19, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Best laps - incorrect Sep 11, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Best lap times: delta console /pc Sep 4, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Personal best laps Aug 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room What is the best car for the nordschleife? Aug 2, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Personal Best Laptime not saving/shown on any track Jul 22, 2020

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

ACC weekly challenge!!! :):):):):)

Totall Wrytoff and Pretend racer like this.
  4. baboon

baboon Hardcore Simmer

I'm not into hotlapping but I think your challenge threads are great :)

5. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yeah, highly recommended.
    I've learned a lot and tried lots of car/track combos that would never have occurred to me!
    Great fun and, of course, open to people all over the planet regardless of ping time :)

6. Excitingly for next week's WHC 182, @GoodGame.eXistenZ has set the challenge with an instructional commentary. It will be posted at 1800BST tomorrow.

As most know, GoodGame holds a very considerable number of records on the RSR leaderboards.
    In his commentary for next week, he shares a mental preparation and approach to driving, that I think, just by reading it, will make you faster!:D

As @Neilski says, doing the WHC every week is one of the fastest ways to improve your driving and take seconds off your laptimes.

baboon, Neilski and Pretend racer like this.
  7. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Practice , observation and theory

8. Quaternity

Quaternity Rookie

Just practice, practice and practice and you'll improve your driving.

9. Agree, but some advice on FOV transformed the driving and feeling for me.
    Learnt off a kindly advisor in WHC...

10. Dommeke

Dommeke Rookie

more practice

11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

The weekly hotlap challenge is not only great place to get your practice in...but also to pick up tips from some VERY fast drivers who are also happy to share videos and set up tips....it’s a great place to get involved, especially now they include a weekly ACC challenge.

It’s all about the fun and taking part...with no egos around

Totall Wrytoff likes this.