1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

What is the fastest spinning consumer wheel

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Andysonofbob, May 16, 2020.

1. Andysonofbob

Andysonofbob Gamer

I have a G29 with gearstic, which I am pleased with.

I really would like to know if any of the other non-DD wheels have a much quicker rotation speed.

I am really interested in the wheel's rotation speed to replicate the car's self-centering force. I love letting go of the wheel to let the wheel straighten.

My Google-fu is clearly not very good because I couldn't find any info on rotation speed of the wheels. Lots of info on strength and 'feel' but I couldn't find anything on speed.

Is there a chart detailing and comparing speed for the consumer wheels?

Is my G29 about as fast as it gets for non DDs or is there a belt driven one which is much faster?

Thanks!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Fastest lap Jul 7, 2020
    ACC Physics Which Track Temp is the fastest`? Apr 7, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Fastest times not displayed in track selection for IGT tracks Feb 16, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Incorrect Fastest lap times Jan 13, 2020
    ACC Physics So whats the overall fastest GT3 car? Dec 25, 2019
    ACC User Interface Fastest lap info in race? Jun 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Come and Join the Fastest Growing Sim Racing Community May 24, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Come and Join the Fastest Growing Sim Racing Community May 24, 2019
    ACC User Interface Getting 'Fastest Session Lap' messages for laps I didn't drive Feb 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Wrong "fastest lap" announcement during MP race Jan 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Fastest Hotlap Conditions? Dec 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Who is the fastest driver in AC? Nov 16, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Circuit Paul Ricard fastest laptime on alpha 3 is 1:30 - seems unreasonable Nov 15, 2018
    ACC User Interface Please highlight the fastest sector times and... Oct 20, 2018
    Suggestions Show track overlay on fastest/last-lap page May 27, 2017

3. ohjeah

ohjeah Simracer

G29 is probably pretty much the slowest wheel on the market so almost anything would be an upgrade. From non-dd wheels the best bet would be csw 2.5.

Andysonofbob likes this.
  4. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

go to 3:50 to see compare between g29 vs ts300

Andysonofbob likes this.
  5. Andysonofbob

Andysonofbob Gamer

I think you might have forgotten the video? Would it be possible to see the it?

6. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

I'd be surprised if there is any data but of course await the above video with interest. The G29 has lower torque than its more expensive rivals from Thrustmaster and Fanatec. However, comparing my G29 and my T300, the T300 has more inertia, so the potential acceleration will be closer than the peak torque might indicate. When calibrating,the T300 is definitely faster, but calibration does not of course measure maximum possible speed/acceleration. Indeed hitting the wheel's limits at full speed probably isn't the best idea for long term reliability.

7. anthonylroy

sorry

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. anthonylroy