1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

what is the future of AC modding?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Mar 6, 2018.

1. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

We know track and car modding will continue in the future, but also AC won't receive any further updates from now on, and we got stuck with a few things that now we can be certain that will never see the light of day, at least from Kunos. Things like Offline mandatory pitstop or rolling starts, correct soft lock, and lots of other features and little things wont be developed ever, and i was wondering if developing mods that can make these things work is possible somehow. I'm a track modder so these kind of mods or apps are completely out of my area, but i would like to read some modders opinions on the matter. What do you think guys? Are these kind of modifications completely out of the possibilities with the available tools and knowledge? or are they possible to be made somehow?

Cheers!

Stepy, Cote Dazur and paul_wev like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Future of Mass Consumer Wheels Aug 18, 2019
    ACC Physics Future physics features Aug 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Will ACC be moddable in the future? Jul 12, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Rating/Backend/CP Server changes in advance to future updates Jun 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Minor things that might be improved in the future Jun 15, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [T300] Steering lock issue and future upgrade. Jun 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC mod support in the future? May 27, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Future ACC development and DLC May 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Do you think the MP would require a subscription in the future ? May 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Future build official VR fixes? Dec 15, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Future improvements on Level of Effort to Hardware for Running this game! Nov 15, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Future DLC plans for ACC l Replay highlights l Interview with Kunos Simulazioni Sep 26, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Will other track objects be scalable in future updates? Sep 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Current state of AC and the future Sep 7, 2018
    ACC General Discussions The Future of Kunos and Assetto Jun 14, 2018

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

'Correct' soft lock was added in Content Manager just recently (works good on my T500 RS).

I am not an expert on which part of the code is 'locked' so I cannot comment on that, but so far I've seen a few 'miracles'.

Make sure you use Content Manager because it's quite the treasure trove :)

4. Kegetys

Kegetys Gamer

Since apparently the existing renderer is going to be no longer used it would be nice if it would be possible to release the shader sources (for the fxo objects in system\shaders\win). I would like to see if it would be possible to improve the shadow aliasing in VR for example and perhaps some other things.

In general with dedication its possible to do almost anything, but the question is how difficult it is and who has the time to do it :)

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I'd love to see a ballast tool that auto applys ballast based on amounts defined in a .ini or the app itself. You enter the server admin password and the amount of ballast to add to each grid spot so after qualy you run the app and it auto assigns success ballast to each car. It would need a clear button to return everyone to 0kg for the next qualy.

It would make success ballast possible in pub races without having to set a lengthy wait time and doing it all by hand.

Cote Dazur likes this.