1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic What is the status of the submitted update for November?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Again, this is how a season's pass work. On the other hand, the dlcs you choose to buy separately are only made available once they are ready to go, as was the case with Prestige Pack and the Japanese pack (for those who chose to buy it apart from the Season's Pass). So, nothing wrong here in terms of procedure.

Tomcul and kofotsjanne like this.
  2. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I absolutely agree with you that this game is so gorgeous in terms of how it feels that its missing features/imperfections at present could well be taken with some indulgence. On the other hand, this kind of pressure voiced through the complaints of some users (as long as done with maturity) can undeniably have a positive effect in the long run, as the devs will be spurred into action more eagerly than they would if everybody just decided to wink at the faults that in fact exist.

After all, we will all gain if this already great game gets greater.

Snowman38, warth0g, MBK72 and 2 others like this.
  3. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

I think I'd be happy with a few tweaks and fixes here and there (Huayra/Lotuses shifting bugs, 100% boost for the Supra etc., I sent an email to 505 support service about both) and tyres' temp/wear icons.
    Let's see if Kunos can deliver.

Pleite likes this.
  4. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

I´m sorry but that´s crap mate. A sprint 5 lap race where you start from the back and you´re leading after 3 laps, and no one is even remotely close to your pace is very definition of a lame race. Not to mention the 50%+ DNF ratio. Not to mention you were hit before even arriving to turn 1. Not to mention the shunts.

If that race is the highlight you use to justify your definition of an "absolutely fine" online mode, you either have piss poor expectations or you have an agenda that can´t let you see very far.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    paul_wev likes this.
  5. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

All fairly said, thank you for that. Good on Forza, the lack of track limits & penalties in multiplayer make that a frustrating game.

I also think the pc version is an exceptional game, even more so with latest patch, and I'd just like to the console experience to match with reasonable graphical adjustments for the console hardware.

We are looking forward to the private lobbies to enjoy the great racing available in a trusted community, until then we will stick with pCARS for clean fair online racing.

I'm looking forward to the patch and hope it makes the console game something much closer to the pc version.

Pleite likes this.
  6. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I believe you miss his point completely. When he says he has had a good experience online, he means he has had fun with friends playing the game online, just that, as he shows in the video. Nothing was said about ''how real his experience was, almost as if he was racing in real life against professional opponents etc etc''. Don't overstate. This is just a game and a fun one to that. If you think having high expectations with a game is desiring it to match the experience of a real life situation, I'm afraid you'll never be able to have fun with any nice passtime at all, as you will always be craving for the impossible. As to the need of improvements in some of the aspects of this game, it has already been brought up and agreed on many times.

But I figure you will tell me to mind my own business, as based on many of your comments I've read so far you seem to be an angry fellow who enjoys making your points in an almost insulting way, which I must say, doesn't help add much to the discussion - in terms of constructiveness.

davidjohngibbons and paul_wev like this.
  7. There are always some guys who don't know how to race in public lobbies. the reason why i justify it as fine is that the lobby was full for majority of the 3 hours me and my friends were in there. People will leave if they can't keep up. This clip shows people are racing be it good or bad.

Its not a lame race if its enjoyed by the people who stayed through out the races in that lobby, reason I started last was to enjoy racing.

You get this on Project CARS also in Public Lobbies, people leaving and having first lap incidents.

more than welcome to come race :)

8. At least someone understands :p

Pleite likes this.
  9. LOL It's hilarious that the PC elitists still try to deny it. The physics are identical, and Kunos has said as much multiple times. Some PC elitists are in denial of course though. I own both versions, most of these elitists have almost definitely never even tried the console versions, so it's funny that they try to tell everyone else is wrong while they're right about something they've never even touched with their own 2 hands and feet.

That sort of assumptive behavior is sadly common among the "PC master race" though. He did it more than once just in that one paragraph LOL I'm far from the only person who prefers the console version. I've spoke to several other people that prefer it on console despite also ownig it on PC and for more than one reason. My reason is mainly the platform. I simply don't like gaming on a PC even though I've been doing it since the 90's. It feels archaic, antiquated, and completely unintuitive in addition to the myriad of little problems that can pop up, forcing you to spend 5-45 minutes troubleshooting. I've also heard people say they prefer it on console because the UI is better which I agree with. Also, loading times are much better too even if you have a much better HDD on your PC like I do.

Also, mods is a positive on PC, but it's not the game changer people claim it to be at all. Not even close except in a few very rare cases IMO (RSR's Formula 3 mod for example). In general, mods are almost never the same quality of Kunos cars, whether it's visual differences or physics, sometimes both and there's an even bigger gap on the tracks. Granted, having some tracks in any form is great, but they're not laser scanned and it's painfully noticeable most of the time. On PC, I've always mostly stuck to Kunos cars and tracks despite having a ton of mods. I'll download mods, try them once, and then stop. Plus, many of the mods become obsolete due to physics and fmod updates where if the modder doesn't also release an update, you can't even use them, or they won't have engine sound, etc.

The PC version is not at all what it's cracked up to be compared to the console version. IMO all versions of Assetto Corsa are brilliant, which is why I own all DLC content on both PC and PS4 and have been a day 1 buyer no all of it. It'll be the same story for Kunos products in the future tbh. Ever since I bought Netkar Pro, Kunos has been in my opinion the best in the business.

Snowman38 and Pleite like this.
  10. Well to be fair, Assetto Corsa has been in ten times better shape on day 1 than pCars was. No joke. On the otherhand though, SMS was VERY quick to fix things but IMO it still took them a month to get pCars in the polished state that AC was in on day 1.

davidjohngibbons and SlimCharles like this.
  11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How come you quoted that post and talk about the "pc elitists"? It was a console user that said it wasnt the same physics. If you just felt like taking a puke on pc elitism you could have found a post to quote easily on this forum.

I wonder what they have done if its faster to load on console than PC. I did a test with 16 AI (GT3-GTE class) on Nordschleife and it took 27 seconds. If its faster on console it must be almost instant.

Tomcul likes this.
  12. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Nordschleife with 16 AI takes waaaay long to load on Xbox. I need to recheck it, but if I'm not mistaken, it took more than 1 minute last time I tracked it with a stopwatch.

13. I saw you popped into a Lobby earlier Dyr_gl

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I see the Xbox patch and dlc has been cancelled on Xbox tomorrow, no date for release. Another quality job Kunos.

15. I think you should part the blame to the Microsoft approval team

16. Where are you getting this from?

17. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

Rob H-D and Chris White like this.
  18. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

For what exactly? Expecting games to perform to an acceptable standard?

ppbucko and Rob H-D like this.
  19. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

The certification system is clunky as hell, all game developers hate it (especially small studios who don't have large teams dedicated to going through the certification requirements and testing). They should move on and use something flexible as Steam

nate likes this.
  20. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

Well, it could really be something owing to Microsoft's beaurocratic system. After all, Sony is a respectable company and has given it a go for tomorrow. I own a Xbox and deeply regret my wrong choice.