1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What is your favorite pedal set ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ted_R, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

What is your favorite pedal set that you have used so far ?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Favorites, enjoyables, difficults tracks Jul 12, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Favorite Track Has Gone Missing Jun 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Favorite track up to now Mar 15, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Favorite car in ACC? Feb 10, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Post your Playlist/Favorite Racing Song, Albums Sep 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room What is your favorite VR combo Jul 12, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem populating favorites Apr 9, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Your favorite Firts/Third Person Shooter Jan 29, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Setting the AI oppenents as favorite Jan 21, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Just an idea - Save Your Favorite Car? Jan 1, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Your favorite car replays Oct 4, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Populating Favorites Aug 27, 2017
    Suggestions Make it possible to favorite posts on the forum Jul 19, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game Locked on populating favorites Jun 4, 2017
    Console Lounge Your Favorite Motorsports! May 12, 2017

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

My "SimWorx Pro Series Gt V3 LC" Pedals set is pretty amazing I must say. Up to 200kg brake force is a good leg work out too :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Funny thing is it took quite some time to get used to after having Logitech pedals for quite some time. Going from braking as softly as possible with the logitechs to pretty much slamming the brake also needing to rebuild my rig to take the extra load.

The other thing wrong with this pedal setup is that I wish the pedals felt this good in my real car. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Ohh nice you finally upgraded your pedal setup!! This isn't good for anyone racing Marty, because with the plastic stuff he was an alien.

I love my v2 DSD Pedals, I've used the german sounding ones, sorry can't remember the name and when I got mine I feel like the brake pedal is better on the DSD but that's with limited time on the other pedals. I used the Fanatec pedals for ages before upgrading to the DSD and was mighty impressed.
    Typically you get what you pay for, pay decent money on any set and they will be a huge upgrade over everything made by companies like Logitech and Fanatec.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I avoided fanatic due to lots of people I knew had lots of issues with them, really for the price I didn't think they were good value made from very cheap fragile parts. I would rather pay 2 or 3x the money for well built and engineered tanks that thee things are. Also looking around at the other high end pedal setup from overseas they were fairly pricey but on top of that 1/3 of the price seemed to be the shipping cost. Then if anything ever went wrong it would be quite a hassle to try get them repaired by the supplier, Simworx are based only a few kilometres from my place so I could go and give them a test and pick them up once ready, if there ever was to be an issue this would be no hassle and rather then spending a few hundred on shipping I could go for the top model for much the same net cost as any of the top end stuff like DSD and Heuskenveld (or however that's spelt lol)

Also honestly for a single hotlap I don't think it makes any difference and you can be just as quick with a Logitech g25 and up setup, but the feel immersion and precision at the limit you really cant beat a good DD wheel and nice pedals. The wheel I think is even more help then the pedals especially as the wheel took no adjusting to. The pedals are so different to the plastics that even though I am used to real track time when in my sim home setup I think I just found the best way to use what I had before. I think it would be very hard to go back to the old hardware now but if its what your used to you can get some good enjoyment from the min starter level sim hardware I think.

Also thanks to the bitcoin boom I think my sim hardware upgrade cost less then $50 dollars from my pocket a few years ago. :D

Schnipp and Rudski like this.
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

HE Pro (discontinued now), but they have HE Ultimates and a new series coming out. Amazing pedals and quality.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

+1 on the Fanatec thoughts.

I have the CSL Elite LC pedals, for ~230€-ish (forgot what it was exactly incl. shipping in Germany) they are a good set and affordable entry to a loadcell brake.
    I got the pedals about 1,5 years ago and within 6 months both mounts for clutch and throttle pots broke during normal use, so I was sitting here for 1-2 weeks with them being useless. Of course the mounts are made from plastic.
    Also, the pots don't seem to be of great quality either (or the electronics in the connection box?!) as they tend to spike too often for such relatively unused pots. I hooked the pedals up again a few days ago and throttle was so bad I had to remove it, turn it a couple of time from end to end and then re-install them. Not sure what exactly is the cause, but now they work again. My G25 pedals lasted at least 5-6 years before the first pot started to slightly spike and then worked for ~ another year after cleaning it.

Overall, I'm not really confident into Fanatec products anymore after my experience with these pedals and I'm pretty certain this will be my last and only Fanatec product I'm going to use/buy. (if they work flawlessly they are decent pedals though)

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I've had Logitech, Fanatec, CST-F1's and now HE-Pro's (Heusinkveld Engineering); no need to look beyond the HE's imo, they are excellent.

I also hope to upgrade to the HE-shifter and Hand-brake eventually; those should serve me, my kids and my grand-children well. :)

Andrew_WOT and martcerv like this.
  10. St3fan

St3fan Alien

A noob's question: I am looking for hardware upgrades, and load cell pedal is on top of my list. Should I keep my G27 and just buy something like the Richmotech G27 load cell kit, or do I just save up and go for a complete Fanatec set (want better shifter too)?

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I had Ricmotech LC, while worked I think it was overpriced for what it delivered, plus installation was not that easy, I had to take the pedals apart.
    CSP V3 is a decent set if you get performance kit, skip dampers, they are junk. Of course HE would be my top recommendation, if you can afford those.

12. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Great info guys. I've been thinking it might be nice to purchase a high end pedal set and I was also curious what people are using that they like.

Currently I have fanatec CSR Elite pedals and they have been very solid and trouble free, but I can't help wondering what upgrading might get me

13. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

I've had G27 , T3PA and CSP V2 , and the CSP V2 are way ahead of the G27 (which are also better than the T3PA which I thought where terrible)

I picked up the CSP V2 second hand and would recommend them over modifying G27's as the build makes them feel closer to real pedals as well as the loadcell performance , also found that they allowed me to get better laptimes too.

If I tried the Heusinkveld etc pedals I'm sure they would blow away these CSP's but you are starting to get into crazy money for those and the extra money would be better spent elsewhere in my set-up.

14. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Thanks for the input. The price of the Ricmotech mod is what is putting me off. What about the CSL Elite + LC? I am looking at the Xbox Competition bundle + adding LC. I wish to mount each pedal separately on my rig, and that is why I haven't thought a lot about the CSP.

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For me after researching pedals, I figured if I bought the Fanatecs I would be lucky to get 2 years out of them and then be at the same point again looking at a better set or replacing the ones that are broken. So that money would be wasted and better off towards high end pedals that will last rather then buying something that may be nice while it works but pretty much engineered to fail not engineered to last as it seems all their made in china parts are so far.

rikirk likes this.
  16. PeriRigos

PeriRigos Rookie

Hi...It makes my Fender amps sound real juicy without killing the guitars tone. I've tried many drive pedals and while many of them are super cool....there's nothing like a Tube Screamer.
    I modded my TS9 by changing the 2 output resistors to 808 specs and swapping the stock LED for a brighter diffused type. It sounds awesome and didn't cost much and it's my favorite pedal.