1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What it needs asap

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Beastmode, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

After playing a while now I feel for the game to be successful it needs some key features asap or people won't stick around. Me included

It needs leaderboards.. What's the point in spending hours hotlap ping if you can't show your friends and have comes. The 3 tier thing it's very hard to beat and with no show off reward why bother. This is a big playable factor issue.
    Needs custom lobbies too. People want to set their own rules and kick dirty racers not be forced to race with potential ram artists.

Also needs some form of live telemetry how can you tune the car if you don't see what's happening. You can go by feel a little but never know for sure. Example is my car skidding as I'm heavy on the gas or is there an alignment issue ect without this the running side is pretty dead. You can see telemetry in the pit but it's shown like you've just started so it's pointless.

The chase car wobble needs calming down a bit, it's far too crazy and off putting. I'm now using no car view but I do prefer chase as it lets me see around my car a little more. Good for racing online especially with not so skilled people.

Also need some instructions on the advanced controller settings to be in game. I figured it out by myself but it was long and slow would be much simpler if it had an explanation,
    Same goes for the gears option and clutch, the blip ect like what's faster if certain settings are faster or not at the moment it's all guess work and it turns people off.

Also with the content being so low it obviously needs more asap I feel like it's going to all have to be paid for from here in in dlc ect wich I do not agree with. I maybe will end up being wrong on that and I hope I am but getting the feeling I won't be.

I do like the handling of the gt cars and faster cars but the lowest cars have too much roll especially in chase cam it's like racing a boat.

Overall the driving is good once you get the settings down but needs the contents of this post asap just to be at a stage were people don't feel robbed from for buying this game.
    That's my opinion and I'm sure there's many like minded people.

bk81, trevor0879 and MBK72 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Dossing so on, needs to be sorted. Jul 9, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality HP G2 User needs Help Jan 4, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Needs some help with monitors. Dec 18, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions N5 Racing League Needs Drivers May 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions A list of what needs fixed. Jan 10, 2021
    Physics Bugs & Issues Beginner driver needs help with FOV Dec 16, 2020
    ACC General Discussions ACC Safety Rating needs a rework Aug 23, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This game needs a demo. Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 4, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds A Newbie needs your help ._. Steering Wheel won't work Jul 2, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions needs graphic options in menu. EYES TEARED UP! Jun 25, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Needs a big update Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC needs an "overwatch" system Jan 18, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards RC scale needs adjustment Oct 3, 2019

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Don't play with the chase cam expecting to get the fullest experience out of a simulator ever and also being able to assess how realistic the handing is. You won't, no matter how 'good' the chase cam is. That's just the reality, you may prefer chase cam but this isn't an arcade title. The slower cars don't "have too much roll". Not playing with the chasecam and getting a proper feel for the cars would also show you why it doesn't matter so much that there aren't hundreds of cars in the sim. As a side note, on PC there's an alternate chase cam without any sway that allows you to spin the camera manually too. It's not supposed to be used to drive the cars but maybe they can add that to the console versions if it's not there. But again, don't expect a sim to be designed to be played with it.

And what's the question about gears, clutch and blip? You know how a car works? If you don't want to shift yourself set it to automatic gears, but you have to deal with the gear shifts the software makes. If you don't want to use the clutch in manual cars use the auto-clutch (if you shift manually). If you don't want to blip the throttle on downshifts yourself if the car doesn't have that feature (if you shift manually), use auto-blip. Seems self-explanatory? If you want to use the cars as in real life disable all of those.

My recommendation is to disable all assists (set ABS and TC to factory) and just learn the cars instead of relying on assists that don't help you learn the cars.

Since you suggest that they robbed people I'll leave it at that.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

Well I use manual with clutch and without yet there's no clutch button and it makes no difference. So I don't get it.
    Also the chase cam although it's not classed as sim it's what a lot of people like and since the game has it as an option it should be fixed. As it will turn a lot people off.
    And to just say it's a sim doesn't really work as it's also a game and to be a successful game on console I feel it needs these things.
    If it was strictly sim it would be only playable with in car view and a wheel with pedals and clutch but it's made as a game for everyone!

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

But you can't possibly assess how realistic the handling is with chase cam, and you're very unlikely to do well driving with it. Sure, it gives more situational awareness but that's it. For your situational awareness in the cockpit view you have the mirrors and the arrows. I don't like the way it sways either but I don't use it for driving in the first place. If anyone expects to do well with the chase cam they're expecting a different game than this is. Like it or not. Doesn't even just have to do with the physics - when FoV and camera position in the cockpit perspective can already have a big influence on your driving the chase cam won't help you drive consistently fast laps. In my view the chase cam is purely included for replays/looking at the detail of the cars from the outside.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

I agree it can't be realistic but you must know that a lot of console players will need this. Me personally I've accepted the no can view. But a lot of my friends are not playing because of that issue alone. Wich is bad for the game I would like as many people as possible to play the game. So it gets better for me. I came from forza for 8 years and being pretty fast in the world but hardly any of the fast console players I know are coming over and it's due to all the issues I stated. And if they don't come the game will not be the success that's needed to make it succesfull.

bk81 likes this.
  7. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

I don't even want to begin to explain why AC is the wrong game for you if you race in chase cam. I still don't know why it's even an option, ask any KS devs what they think of chase cam. Not being a troll, Epistolarius basically summed it up.
    It would be like playing a game designed to be played in first-person, but you play it in top-down view - sure it's doable, but it feels and plays all wrong. With AC, you cannot get a sense of realism, cannot "feel" the movement of the car properly enough to control the car properly, and can't fully appreciate the emmersion from chase-cam view (same with bumper view and, arguably, hood view).

That said, there are very clearly some things about both console versions that need to be implemented and fixed - same with PC. AC is a diamond in the not-so-rough, an amazingly well-crafted WIP, on all platforms. KS support is excellent and they want to continue improving the product.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  8. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

Look to tell anyone it's the wrong game for them is rubbish! It's a game to play how you want, I've spent around £700 on 2 wheels before and sold them both as I didn't like it. I preferred a controller and couldn't really have a big rig in my living room anyway. I can race with any view I want and master it, you must remember not everyone who wants to play this game thinks they're a hardcore simmer, you must remember it's released on console.
    Most of guys who race on pc probably are the most serious, with wheels and racing gloves lol and there heel and toe YouTube videos haha,
    Whereas most console guys don't care to be so hardcore if we did we'd get a pc! We want the game playable and to be at the standard it is now on pc.

bk81 and MBK72 like this.
  9. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

Beastmode your absolutely wright.
    And frankly I'm starting to get upset with the pc crowd telling us how to play the game. Its bin released on console and made to work with a controller. And that's where the chase cam comes in to play. I myself play on the wheel and only use the in car view. But that doesn't main the other cams shouldn't be playable.
    I remember your name from the top of the forza leaderboards. And like you said the will need those players to make it a success. But as long the won't admit the game is broken. I'm afraid that it will never get a chance on console.
    Me and my friends all went back to pcars. Its a shame because the handling feels amazing on the wheel. But with the current issues the game is totally unplayable. And if the pc crowd don't agree maybe the should try it on the console first.

bk81 and MBK72 like this.
  10. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

I'm going to go back to forza as I don't really have a reason to play Ac at the moment.
    Plus non of my friends will touch it.
    Anyone else who goes to forza add
    BAM BEASTMODE and we can race.

SGT EDUBB and EMW SMILER like this.
  11. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Oh dear Beastmode, you've upset the unelected pc forum police haven't you. All the points you make are fair. Some of the standard set ups on the cars on the console version are shocking and probably part of the problem you are experiencing. As we know setup changes don't hold and can't be saved so there isn't much we, who actually play the console version, can do until they make a patch. There are still pc players arguing that the console version career/AI etc isn't more difficult than the pc version when the data already shows that it is. There is little hope that they will think before posting.

I can match my in car wheel times on the Xbox One with chase cam gamepad lap times so I don't see much evidence that playing from a different view makes much difference. You play the game as you wish to, if AC wasn't meant to be played in chase mode why would they include it?

Still, I'll wait for someone who plays just on the pc version to tell me I'm wrong.

bk81 and kofotsjanne like this.
  12. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

Exactly, I'm actually using the view with no cam as watching the steering in car flick left to right at 1000mph is off putting.
    Anyway the whole car view thing is bloody small issue compared to hotlapapping with no leaderboards. And the rest of the big issues

bk81, Tenno and MBK72 like this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its like the WMD members on pcars forum all over again. Sad to see, really.

MBK72 likes this.
  14. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

You mean Beastmode's point that Kunos made people who bought their game "feel robbed"? Why are you playing Assetto Corsa then if you agree with that?

And I've laid out clearly what I think about the opening post and it has nothing to do with PC vs console whatsoever.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Lol oh dear, you think it's not ok for people to 'feel robbed' by a half finished game released at AAA prices? I think that is entirely reasonable, it's a human reaction. Plenty of on the PC in your post too and you are usually one of the more reasonable pc posters - which version of the console game are you giving him your advice from?

Why I play AC or any other game and on what platform is entirely my business.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

You may have noticed that I didn't comment about the private lobbies and leaderboards. I think it's perfectly fair to say they're disappointed that it's not in the game and ask for it to be implemented. I don't think it warrants saying that without those features Kunos robbed people when they bought into this sim.

As for the rest, read my comments. I stand by that, you can't possibly assess the handling properly in chase cam for example so don't judge that some cars "roll too much". And don't expect to do well in a sim that's not designed to be played with a chase cam. I've laid out exactly why I said that.

That doesn't specifically have anything to do with which platform anyone plays on. The base gameplay functionality is largely the same between both versions so why is it such an issue that I as PC user comment on this thread? I could ask you the same then.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Oh but it certainly does, the setups on the cars on the console version are woeful and cannot be changed, if changed they revert, if saved they crash the game. I play on both Xbox and PC. Robbed is an opinion nothing else.

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Wait, what setups on the console version cannot be changed?

19. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Not currently no.

20. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

Same problem last night - worked on set ups for HOURS then they all disappeared ......
    I find bonnet cam best for me because of the freaky hands thing.
    I saw a post about Corsa community blog and found that reassuring..... future plans and reaction to bug fixes etc..

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    MBK72 likes this.
  21. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Actually, I've been playing with a controller for over a year, as I can't set up my wheel where I live, and it plays perfectly fine with the right gamepad setup (Although I also use Xpadder, giving me many more options than console controller users, so I know that's not a fair comparison). I'm not trying to tell you how to play AC. I'm telling you that if you play AC in a way it was unintended to be played, expect to not necessarily enjoy it as much as it can be enjoyed, expect there to be some issues, and expect to maybe be frustrated with it. Kunos should not have to change their product from the way they've envisioned it into something different just to please a minority of people who want to play it their way.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.