1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

What screen are you using for ACC?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Stekelly1980, Apr 13, 2019.

?

What type of screen are you using for ACC?

1. Super ultra wide monitor 32:9 (chg90 etc)

11.8%
  2. Ultra wide 21:9

19.2%
  3. Wide screen 16:9

36.8%
  4. Triple screen

14.3%
  5. Vr headset

17.2%
  6. Dual screen

0.7%
  1. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/what-do-you-mainly-play-your-pc-sims-on.174369/

2. Ästhetiker

Ästhetiker Racer

Yeeeeeehaaaw... Kunos please look at this numbers.. :rolleyes: VR is in Simracing more widespread than you think...

I can remember phrases like „the majority plays on singlescreen“ „only a tiny minority uses VR“ „we could not focus on a feature, which is only used of some people“

My little inner know-all can’t stop laughing, because he was preaching this for a long time...:D;)

btw...
    do yo think the poll of Racedepartement is probably more meaningful than the one in this Forum?

3. Creegz

Creegz Racer

I did the math and at being about 30 inches away from the display 55 is the correct FOV for me. Every single FOV calculator on the planet gives me the exact same number. It looks far if you're not sitting in front of it but if you're using it then it makes loads of sense.

The one thing with the FOV argument I always want to understand is how people drive with an FOV so tight they are driving with blinders on. You lose all information other than the narrow cone directly in front of you. I've never understood that. I raced in F1 2019 this year with someone who literally could ONLY see the inside edges of their front wheels. They then always claimed they didn't see someone near them.

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Sounds like you calculated the horizontal FOV when ACC uses vertical FOV.

Geometrically correct FOV vs. personal preference FOV has been discussed ad nauseum so I won't join that topic.Do whatever floats your boat ;-)

Snoeipaard and Creegz like this.
  5. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

But the majority do play on a single screen. Look at the results - just over 19% use VR (pretty much what people have been estimating in sim racing) - slightly less than use ultra-wides. That means the overwhelming majority still use monitors.

6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

The majority do use single screens, that's not contested, its the statements 'a tiny minority use VR' that has been proven to be incorrect.

7. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Most estimates I’ve seen for VR usage in racing sims have guessed at somewhere between 15 and 25% which corresponds pretty well with this rough poll. This is a small minority. No one really knows for sure and, like most things without real data, it’s risky to base an estimate on the number of related posts you see online.

8. hilly

hilly Gamer

I am using the new ROG Swift PG43UQ 4K 144HZ HDR monitor with ACC and its running a looking fantastic it especially comes alive in night races thanks to the HDR implementation.

Still have my Alienware aw3418dw but while i love the 21.9 aspect ratio its not HDR or WCG .

9. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

I've just ordered one of these, if arrives on Sunday. Rocking it with a Rtx2080ti. Previously had 40 inch triples, but pixal density was too low for me.

cooknn likes this.
  10. cooknn

cooknn Alien

You're gonna love it. I have the same monitor and video card. You can run Epic preset with 24 cars + you and rarely drop below the 70's. FreeSync works beautifully with the RTX2080 Ti. Fluid :)

11. 5 Red Lights

5 Red Lights Gamer

Just what I wanted to hear

It's now arriving on Saturday, but doubt I will be able to set it up as the monitor stand I've ordered from Demon Tweaks is still in processing and probably won't be delivered until sometime next week.

Can I ask you, how close are you sitting to the monitor? Thinking of setting it up as close as possible, directly above the body of my wheelbase.

cooknn likes this.
  12. cooknn

cooknn Alien

It’s right in front of me. About on top of my feet/pedals. See attached.

51A7817B-A58B-4DB6-9BD1-6258B5E635E4.jpeg

BADGERSLAYER 7 likes this.
  13. acommoncold

acommoncold Rookie

Currently using a 34-inch ultra-wide monitor, I wanted to triple monitor setup, but don't have the room or $$ right now :)

Monitor: lg 34um69g-b

14. titan253

titan253 Rookie

Like LeDude said, 55 is based on hFOV, ACC uses vFOV. My setup is similar to yours, i'm 25" away from a 34" curved ultrawide and using either vFOV (30 degrees) or running triple wide (265mm x 3 & 13 degree sides) yields a view that's pretty much just dash and front windshield. I adjust the seat back -25 for comfort, but I found that I was better at hitting apexes and braking points than running with a taller FOV like yours. To me, the radar is much more useful than glancing at mirrors for judging space and the improvement to consistency was worth the trade-off of no side mirrors. It was definitely weird at first but then I wrapped my brain around it by thinking if you sat in your real car and blacked out everything outside of a 34" box 25 inches in front of me it'd look pretty similar.

15. Lancelinkage

Lancelinkage Rookie

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Samsung CRG9 49" and was hoping for some advice on what hardware upgrades I need to go along with it. I currently have a i7 7700 and 1080 GTX. Do I need to upgrade before getting the monitor? Any help is greatly appreciated.

16. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

That hardware will run ACC - medium settings and low on the mirrors I would guess. I run a 2080 ti and a 9600K with that monitor and can run epic settings apart from mirrors and get 65+ framerate in any scenario. Alone practising I get up to 120 fps but in large grids, I get 65+.

17. Lancelinkage

Lancelinkage Rookie

Tim, thank you very much and thats good news. If you don't mind one more question, what would you upgrade first after acquiring the monitor? My CPU or GPU?

18. Tim Larsen

Tim Larsen Racer

19. Lancelinkage

Lancelinkage Rookie

Tim, Smart patient plan that I will follow. Thank you very much for your insight.

Tim Larsen likes this.
  20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Also running that screen, and my i5 7600k seems to hold its ground so far. When I got the screen I went for a 2080 Super which is running ACC fine in native resolution with pretty much maxed out settings.