1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Update 0.6 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Darcy Callai Junior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. ^^This :cool:

2. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

i expect that kunoz give us already full keyboard / mouse / pad / wheel customization...

mr Switchblade and Raklödder like this.
  3. Echo_29

Echo_29 Hardcore Simmer

CPU Optimisations, Weather update, Radar, Camera features, 2 new cars, old and new Gen Nissan GTR, Monza Circuit, New multiplayer rewrite of the code. Seems like this is going to be a massive update to ACC, cannot wait to try it :D Hope everything works as expected.

uelas_77, Dookie, Fremen_78 and 8 others like this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

?

5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Would be awesome if Jim Britton(Crew Chief) got in because I’d like to change current voice:p

no_talent likes this.
  6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ah I see.. Yes, this was in the model pretty early on, but it won't necessarily look like this in the end. Again, atm I'm not convinced any sane server admin would prevent people (who are used to have it) from using the radar.

Dookie, Arlo, LHMGTR and 6 others like this.
  7. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

I got the idea for Helicorsa, when i realised how many racers had the right attitude, but had the disadvantage of a single screen setup with limited fov.
    Helicorsa was intended to be a driving aid,
    to help those that struggle with situational awareness. An experienced racer wont need it, but a beginner that tries to race clean could use it to get a feeling for the position of the opponent(s) when they are not visible.
    It is in the same category as the other aids like stability control, racing line, auto blip, auto clutch, auto shift, downshift protection...

I would not want to sit in an empty server in my elitist "7speed - triple pedals/screens - rig", waiting for another one of those 1%
    pretend racers to join my "hardcore - no grip - nothing allowed - server". There are guys with gampads, that could race you just fine, clean and fair, you know?

@Minolin YES! LOVE IT! YOU DA MAN!
    Helicorsa, check.
    Matchmaking, check.
    Rules stated in UI, ... o_O? DO IT!
    Ich wünsche Dir guten Erfolg und drücke dir (und KS) die Daumen für die nächsten builds.

manudouet, Dookie, LeDude83 and 5 others like this.
  8. You're wrong in all points.
    I would call me an experienced racer (racer since GP1 by Microprose) and I'm still using Helicorsa. It is not in the same category you've mentioned. It is not a driving aid in any kind.
    Helicorsa ads awareness in cases where you're peripheral vision stuck at the frame of your monitor. Nothing else.

9. Like I said, hilarious that the same people that argue back and forth for days over the simulation value of every little thing turn around and need helicorsa, track map, tires app, essentials app, timing/scoring app, and probably two or three other apps all open on their screen while racing. But not the line though, that's arcade. LOLOLOLOL (one of the best ones is the VR mafia, tell me more how poking your head out the non-existent sunroof to look around is absolutely needed for realistic immersion.)

GRFOCO, bgil66, Freddie Seng and 5 others like this.
  10. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Remember this is actually only a game though... In reality drivers would be able to talk to their crew to ask, say, 'what is my position' or 'how far back is the driver behind me'. Now, we can't do that which is why some information on screen in the form of apps is a useful substitute for the fact this is *only* a simulation of driving, and not the real thing.
    I agree that some assistive aids go beyond filling in for what cannot be replicated from information a driver would reasonably be able to receive in-car though. I would suggest your driving line example is one of those.

TheBoss likes this.
  11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I can turn my head left and look left, or even right if I so choose :)

VR is closest step to sitting in a car that we can get right now, not an app or assist by any means. Bring on the days of much more advanced VR headsets.

Helicorsa just fills the hole that screens give by letting you know where the cars are relative to you, this is in no way an assist, for me I prefer to use crew chief for spotter but that’s AC

dajdosta and Micii1 like this.
  12. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I like the apps and crew chief since they alleviate the existential loneliness in a race where you have +10sec and -10sec gaps to the cars in front and behind :)

In seriousness though I agree helicorsa is purely to compensate for lack of peripheral vision from one screen or triples with no proper triple support. Only at the start I think you have bit of advantage from it since it quickly allows you to assess situation with multiple cars going into turn 1.

After_Midnight likes this.
  13. It's still hilarious how grumpy you are Mr. Hornbuckle. :cool:

pigsy, dajdosta, lero and 11 others like this.
  14. In games like rf2 you can see pilot names through your car. No mater if you have windows there or not. Because this game is full of visual bugs. Popular YouTube racers using this in online races and noone care.

Working tool instead of abuse of bugs is better isnt it?

15. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I would pay 50 pounds for this app! Any modder!?!? :p

D.Jankovic likes this.
  16. R1-Limited

R1-Limited Racer

No Bikini Babes
    Man that sucks

mr Switchblade likes this.
  17. XettMan

XettMan Hardcore Simmer

Really hope Kunos will implement the shared memory so CrewChief Jim and my spotter Clare can talk to me again.

It really feels lonely to be on track without them.

18. Pete Gaimari

Pete Gaimari Racer

Pit board. :)

It's worked in GPL for two decades.

19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Yep Clare sounds so much like Leena Gade of Audi fame and Jim well he’s a legend!

20. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin Will you guys just release 0.6 without any notification this week or will we get a heads up like one or two days prior?

R. Iván likes this.